OK-Anthony Baltes- Tulsa- 39- 18, Sept, 1983

Reaction score
So I stayed in a very creepy hotel known as Budget Inn back in September of 2017 and some weird stuff started happening in the room and that is all I want to say about it. A week later, I am sleuthing online and I go to Tulsa Police's official website where I had found a particular cold case that stuck out to me the most. I click on his case and the poor guy was tied up, beaten to death and robbed. The suspect even took his car and then deserted it a few blocks down the road from where the victim was found.

with tulsa police's website, it also mentions the address where the victim was found and I decided to be nosy and map out the address- much to my shock and scare, the victim was murdered in his room a the budget inn- the very hotel I had stayed at a week prior to finding this cold case on the web.

I feel really bad for the guy. He more than likely had a family and he was in the Navy and also a Vietnam Veteran. He served our country only to suffer a horrible fate and I just feel very unsettled due to the fact that there has been nothing else done to try to help solve the murder of this man and he has yet to have justice served for him.

TPD Unsolved Crimes is a link that you can hopefully get access to which goes over the details of his case.

I had tried numerous amounts of times to see if maybe his case had made it to the news or if it has even been tried to be solved and tbh, I don't think this case has been looked at in years...

if anyone knows anything, they are more than welcome to add input!!!

In that particular motel, likely a prostitution or drug incident gone wrong.
knowing that area very well, it wont be surprising if that had unearthed. I only stayed there one night to sleep and it was literally a brothel over there. I will never go there again.

Finally this week two people were arrested from DNA evidence for the cold case of Anthony Baltes. I know the news reports say it was a robbery. However, reports also say he was tied up to a chair. It sounds more like an interrogation than a robbery. He was a Vietnam veteran in the Navy. I can only hope that the DA can do his job to find out the true reason for the Anthony Baltes murder.

There are so many cold cases in Tulsa. Hopefully there will be more perseverance to find killers. One that is still haunting from 1979 is the cold case for Lisa Henderson. The police dropped the ball big-time to interview a potential suspect. I can only pray that the detectives and Tulsa DA now with a new AG and Governor for the state of Oklahoma will do a better job solving cold cases. Often the murderers are still alive, as shown with this recent breakthrough for the Anthony Baltes case.

Man and Woman Charged in Nearly 40-Year-Old Cold-Case Murder of Man in Okla. Motel Room
Recent DNA technology led investigators to Erlene Lee, 58, and Willie Moore, 61

September 23, 2019

"A Texas woman and a Wyoming man have been charged with the murder of an Oklahoma man found dead in his motel room in 1983.

On Friday, Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter announced 58-year-old Erlene Lee and 61-year-old Willie Moore were charged with first degree murder for their role in the death of Anthony Baltes nearly four decades ago.

According to the Tulsa Police Department, Baltes was found dead in his motel room on Sept. 18, 1983. He had been tied up and strangled, and robbery was believe to be the motive, though no arrests were ever made.

Baltes was last seen alive leaving a bar with a woman in her twenties, Tulsa World reports...."

Man and Woman Charged in Nearly 40-Year-Old Cold-Case Murder

anthony-baltes-tribute-web.jpg

5d85480302c51.image.jpg

(Anthony Baltes sits with daughter Becky (left) and son Thomas (right) in the summer of 1983. Baltes was killed Sept. 18 of that year, and the Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office on Friday announced that it has charged two suspects in the 36-year-old cold case. Courtesy/Becky Baltes Bates)

Jan 13 2021
https://www.officer.com/investigati...s-hope-for-justice-in-1983-oklahoma-cold-case
''Moore was indicted in September 2019 and extradited to Oklahoma. Last February, he was ordered to face trial for first-degree murder.

After that, things slowed down, in part because of the pandemic and in part for authorities to do more investigating. A jury trial scheduled for November was put off to March.

And, then, Moore died Dec. 13 after being taken from jail to the hospital for a health issue. He was 62. On Monday, a judge dismissed the case because of the death.

The victim's daughter cried last week when a prosecutor called her with the news.

Becky Baltes Bates was confident jurors would find Moore guilty. She said she had looked forward to looking Moore in the eyes afterward and saying "my piece to him."

Well, as it says on one of the articles, "Lee's charges were dropped due to her cooperation with the investigating authorities."
A pity that she is not in jail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back