GUILTY OK - Antwon Parker, 16, shot dead in OKC pharmacy robbery, 19 May 2009

It's a sad time in America when you can not protect yourself and your property from thugs.

JMO

This man should not spend the rest of his life in prison because he protected himself and his property.

A straw man argument describes the situation where:

• You have made an argument;
  • I have addressed your argument;
  • I have restated your argument in a different form that is not the argument you made;
  • I have made a valid refutation of my (restatement of your) argument, not your actual argument;
  • I have then claimed refutation of your original argument.

There are none of these elements in the post I made.

I know what a straw man argument is, thank you.

In your post that directly followed mine regarding more of Ersland's lies being revealed, it seemed to me that you were implying, strongly, that I:

1. Hope he gets shanked in prison and dies on the floor.

2. Think that's what people like him deserve.

3. Think the three thugs who revealed him for what he is did the world a great favor.

None of those elements were in the post I made, either.

It's a sad time in America when you can not protect yourself and your property from thugs.

JMO

This man should not spend the rest of his life in prison because he protected himself and his property.

You can protect yourself and your property from thugs. But you can't appoint yourself judge, jury, and executioner.

You can protect yourself and your property from thugs. But you can't appoint yourself judge, jury, and executioner.

Somebody comes into my home and tries to rob me, they better be prepared to leave with a sheet covering them.

JMO

JMO

It's a sad time in America when you can execute an unconscious, bleeding person, then lie about it and falsify evidence and still have people support your murderous actions.
JMO

This is not a case of someone protecting themselves or their property from thugs. It may have began that way, but the victim became the perpetrator when he shot, multiple times, a person he had ....I'm not gonna go on...people have either read the thread and know the facts, or they haven't and don't, either way we're all entitled to our opinions.

Sometimes opinions are supported by verdicts, sometimes not. ...don't know why people who are supposedly clearly within their rights of self-defense would feel the need to falsify evidence and lie, though...that seems strange... :waitasec:

When they chose to come in to rob this man, they sealed their fate.

The victim is the jailed in this case.

Here in North Carolina if someone is breaking in you can do something, but if they get in your house you can't hurt them if they are attacking you. Crazy law.

Here in North Carolina if someone is breaking in you can do something, but if they get in your house you can't hurt them if they are attacking you. Crazy law.

:eek:
Wow!

Very crazy law.

That is crazy. Is that law enforced, do you know? Is it super old?

What? Are you serious? If they gotten into your house you can't defend yourself? That doesn't make sense.

I made no reference to your post.

Not overtly, no. But I posted something about new lies from Ersland and you immediately launched into your sarcastic statements about what he deserved for being a liar.

It certainly appeared to me as if you were referring to my post, given the fact that yours appeared right behind it, after you haven't posted on this thread in nearly three weeks, and because your subject matter was the same as mine: Ersland being a liar.

I don't think you can honestly say that you would have posted what you did if I hadn't posted what I did.

The Trayvon Martin case made me think of this case and I wondered what was going on with Ersland these days.
April 11, 2012
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-att...ticle/3665478?custom_click=pod_headline_crime
Oklahoma City attorney says he will represent Jerome Ersland for free
Former pharmacist Jerome Ersland, in prison for murder, has hired a gun-rights expert, Oklahoma City attorney Doug Friesen. Ersland was convicted at a jury trial last year of first-degree murder for killing off a wounded robber.

snip

Recruited by legislator
The new attorney was recruited to represent Ersland by state Sen. Ralph Shortey, R-Oklahoma City.
Shortey, who has visited Ersland in prison a few times, contends Ersland should never have been charged. He called Ersland the victim in the case.
The legislator told reporters a law-abiding citizen who is threatened should never have to check the pulse of an attacker to see whether the attacker is dead or not.
“That's too much burden to put on a citizen who has been attacked,” Shortey said. “What happened is he was put in a situation he should never have been put into. He was attacked, and he responded the best way that he felt he should.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back