GUILTY OK - Bobbi Parker charged in prison escape of Randolph Dial, Granite, 1994

Linked below, there's an older thread - with a very few recent posts - about this case in the missing / located discussion forum. The case is so interesting - convicted murderer runs off with warden's wife: did she go willingly? - that it deserves a "Crimes in the News" slot too, as Bobbi Parker's trial is now underway in Oklahoma.

The Sunday Oklahoman published today perhaps the best overview of the case - which began in 1994 with Randolph Franklin Dial's escape from the Oklahoma State Reformatory in Granite, taking with him - or accompanied by - the wife of the deputy warden.

Need a respite from the rancor of the Caylee Anthony case? This is a good place to read an article about something else entirely, and to form an opinion about Bobbi Parker - was she willing, or was she forced by violent means? We can agree or disagree on this one with equanimity - which is the usual WS way:

Bobbi Parker trial enters second week (Sunday Oklahoman)
Was Bobbi Parker a captive of fugitive Randolph Franklin Dial — or was she captivated by the charm of a manipulative con man? As her trial on charges of aiding his escape enters its second week, the uncertainties linger.
---
On Nov. 11, 2001, Dial called Charles Sasser in Tulsa. Sasser, a retired detective, wrote the book “At Large” about Dial. When Sasser asked about Bobbi Parker, Dial put her on the phone. Sasser asked three questions only Parker would know, and she answered them. He led her to believe she'd been declared dead, Isaacs said. Sasser asked Parker if she should call her daughters.

“I'm fine, I'm happy,” she told him, then wondered aloud whether it was better for her daughters to think she was dead.

After Sasser's call, Parker told agents she thought for sure she'd be rescued. Sasser reported the hourlong call to the FBI, but they couldn't trace the phone number, probably because of storms that day.
---
(much, much more - the rest of the story - at the link above)

Here's the older thread; lots of info here: Found Alive OK - Bobbi Louaine Parker, Granite, 1994

Oklahoma warden's wife convicted of aiding escape (Daily Oklahoman)
MANGUM (AP) — The wife of a former Oklahoma prison warden who disappeared with a convicted murderer only to be found living with him in Texas nearly 11 years later was found guilty Wednesday of helping him escape.

A Greer County jury determined that 49-year-old Bobbi Parker helped convicted killer Randolph Franklin Dial escape from the Oklahoma State Reformatory in 1994. Parker insisted that Dial kidnapped her and kept her from reaching out for help for more than a decade by threatening to harm her daughters. The two were found living together in Texas in 2005.

The jury recommended that Parker, who remains in custody of the Greer County Sheriff, receive one year in prison. She could have faced up to 10 years in prison.
---
much more at AP link above

The end - pending final sentencing and possible appeal - of a long and fascinating story.

Thanks for the article Blondie. I watched "Dateline" last night, and I don't believe her story. I think they both planned his escape and left. Not to mention the little tidbit that came out last night on "Dateline" about how she had an affair with one of her students while she was a teacher at another prison.

I think her husband may have doubts now to, by his wording when he says, "It was real to her." I just don't believe her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back