Identified! OK - Clinton, WhtFem 16-50, UP4909, creek under bridge, COLOR-LITE H32 & Ford keys, clothes, Jun'82 - Carol Sue Snyder

Since the body was found in water, in Summertime, the bloating may have contributed to the appearance of "markedly" obese, don't y'all think? I know the ME probably took that into account, but, maybe not!!! Could she have just been big-boned? That will make a person weigh more, too!
By my standards, 163 pounds is not obese, by any stretch of my imagination, not even if they're 4'5", LOL!! Sometimes the missing persons height and weight are estimated by a family member and not an exact and that could be wrong, Especially if the missing persons DL wasn't checked or the person didn't have one to go by......
I think this is as close a match there is, especially with no reconstruction sketch! Glad you submitted these two!!
Oh! I googled Color-Lite H32, here's what came up.. Glass Bottles | Candle Glass | Dropper Bottles | Colorlites UK I wonder if Ms. Snyder was employed at a glass manufacturing business or someone in her family was???? Like Tiffanys, cola bottles, etc. Or she may have had a hobby craft?
Here's a photo of Ms. Snyder!
I'm not sure if you're active still, but it seems you hit the nail on the head.

I just got a response on this case:

I am so thankful that she responded. It sounds like she plans to attempt to get additional info. I will let you know if she sends any additional info in the future.
So I guess that's why Carol wasn't matched to this Jane Doe sooner, no DNA, fingerprints, or dental charts were ever on file for her

So I guess that's why Carol wasn't matched to this Jane Doe sooner, no DNA, fingerprints, or dental charts were ever on file for her
I submitted this match back in 2009 when I started this thread and again in 2011, and I was told they didn't have DNA/Dentals or fingerprints for the Jane Doe. Although the ME mentioned she felt they may have to consider exhuming the body. What's sad is that Carol's family hasn't had answers for 41 years, and law enforcement lost so many years in solving her murder when it was really an obvious match (minus the height/weight discrepancies). I assume it just fell by the wayside because it was different states. Either way, very sad, and the passage of time will surely make it much harder to solve her murder.

I submitted this match back in 2009 when I started this thread and again in 2011, and I was told they didn't have DNA/Dentals or fingerprints for the Jane Doe. Although the ME mentioned she felt they may have to consider exhuming the body. What's sad is that Carol's family hasn't had answers for 41 years, and law enforcement lost so many years in solving her murder when it was really an obvious match (minus the height/weight discrepancies). I assume it just fell by the wayside because it was different states. Either way, very sad, and the passage of time will surely make it much harder to solve her murder.
Now that I think about it, her cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head, so not necessarily murder. Her Doe Network profile said she suffered from depression. It could be a suicide, but only LE would know that if the gun was found at the scene. I don't recall ever seeing that info in any of the profiles. I always just assumed it was a homicide.

I would love your opinions, since you guys are great! :)

I came across this 1156DFTX - Carol Sue Snyder as a possible match for 895UFOK <modnote: fixed broken link>

I know the height and weight are off, but the Doe Network says the UID was obese. Does anyone consider someone who is 5' 8'' and 160lbs to be obese? That is semi-close to my height and weight and while I could certainly stand to lose a few pounds, I don't consider myself obese :). Not only that but identifyus.org describes her as "markedly obese". Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I already submitted to the ME on the UID since Carol's profile says she may have gone to Cordell, OK which is 15 minutes from where this UID was found and just 6 days apart from her missing date. She responded and said that to her knowledge these two had not been compared.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, just curious what you guys think about the obese thing and the heights and weights?
Wow, you called it! Well done!

Wow! Looks like WSer's had a possible match ion 2009. RIP Carol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back