OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Google maps Driving Directions from Guthrie, Oklahoma to Mount Hood, Oregon, from I-84 it is 1,866 miles which is 27 hours,
Or I-80W and I-84 , it is 1,883 miles which is 27 hours, but currently for traffic at this very moment it says 28 hours.

I think leaving the car on, say, the shores of Lake Eufaula would have been equally effective - but then DRC would have had to arrange transportation from Oklahoma to the West Coast and a move-in, perhaps, with friends there.

Oh wow. I thought this one got locked down. I hope he is okay; over the course of several weeks of this thread I felt like I got to 'know' him.

Oh wow. I thought this one got locked down. I hope he is okay; over the course of several weeks of this thread I felt like I got to 'know' him.

It was reopened due to the new statements on FB. If everyone stays on track, we'll leave it open until he's found.

Glad to see the thread back opened and the bittersweet message from the family that LE believe Daryn is alive and chose to disappear. My thoughts go to the family and his friends. Wishing them all peace.

I google Daryn about once a week, but do not have FB so I really appreciate this, Like many of you, I felt like we were getting to know him and it was sad to know he was just "poof"! I will stay tuned.

It was reopened due to the new statements on FB. If everyone stays on track, we'll leave it open until he's found.

Kimster, Thank you so much! Staying on track shouldn't be too hard, right? LOL

Thank you again! :seeya::seeya:

I'm also pleased to see this thread back. I was thinking about Daryn just the other day and kept meaning to do a search to see if there had been any more information posted online about him, but kept forgetting.

Time between DRC's NamUs page entry and first MSM account..........................8 days
Time he was actually missing before first MSM account....................................13 days
Time between MSM account and FB posting that disappearance was voluntary...86 days

Time between DRC's NamUs page entry and first MSM account..........................8 days
Time he was actually missing before first MSM account....................................13 days
Time between MSM account and FB posting that disappearance was voluntary...86 days

Very interesting timeline. Thanks for posting it! :)

For Daryn to be missing voluntarily, and 86 days pass in between the MSM account of him missing and the facebook posting that Daryn disappeared voluntarily, I wonder what was discovered, or who held their silence until now?
IMOO.

I can be pretty dense at times, and maybe this is one of those times. What should I be taking away from this? What am I missing - why is this significant?

So, family says LE believes it is voluntary?

No offense but I really would like to hear why because I am skeptical. Not that it can't happen, it does all the time. But the circumstances have been strange with this case. Very strange.

Has he withdrawn money? Or did he withdraw money?

So, family says LE believes it is voluntary?

No offense but I really would like to hear why because I am skeptical. Not that it can't happen, it does all the time. But the circumstances have been strange with this case. Very strange.

Has he withdrawn money? Or did he withdraw money?

I am skeptical, too, and I wonder what was discovered to make them feel this way. I haven't seen it in print anywhere that the Guthrie police think Daryn left voluntarily. I understand that it was stated on the facebook page, but I haven't seen anything to back it up......and for that matter I haven't seen any police organization or any organization state that Daryn left voluntarily.
Who did Daryn contact then? When did Daryn contact anybody?
Why do they come to this conclusion? Is it fact, or an assumption?
Fact and assumptions are 2 different things.......
IMOO.

I wonder whatever became of Gypsy the cat?

I suppose DRC could have taken her with him.

As "voluntary disappearance" all along has been my default mode in this I'm not skeptical about what we now have been told. Would like to know more though.

I wonder whatever became of Gypsy the cat?

I suppose DRC could have taken her with him.

As "voluntary disappearance" all along has been my default mode in this I'm not skeptical about what we now have been told. Would like to know more though.

Do you believe it was voluntary because there is no evidence of a crime being committed?
I wonder if there were any "cat hairs" from Gypsy in the vehicle?

IMOO.

Do you believe it was voluntary because there is no evidence of a crime being committed?
I wonder if there were any "cat hairs" from Gypsy in the vehicle?

IMOO.
I've thought from the beginning, just based on a preponderance of missing persons cases - most missing persons are missing voluntarily - that that was probably the case here.

No evidence of a crime committed. The person missing was doing no wrong in being missing, being of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Royco