GUILTY OK - Dean & Alicia Freerksen for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Woodward, 2010

Judge Barefoot wouldn't recuse himself:

http://www.komitv.com/home/index.ph...se-in-freerksen-case&catid=46:local&Itemid=94

"Judge Vinson Barefoot has denied a defense motion by attorney David Christian in Woodward County District Court to recuse himself from the proceedings in the Leroy and Alisha Freerksen case.

The defense arguement was based on the fact that about a third of the salaries of judges in Oklahoma are paid from a state revolving judicial fund that receives it's funding from the fines of those convicted. This, Christian argued, precludes a fair hearing as judges have a 'direct pecuniary interest' in the outcome of any case..."

Well, I guess all the judges are only sentencing perps for their own financial gain and need to be recuse themselves from all criminal cases... (sound like the attorney doesn't/didn't have a defense, so his only recourse was to pull something out of his ear!) :twocents:

Good on Barefoot for taking a stand! :python:

Curiouser and curiouser -

2-13-10 Woodward County District Court Records - Misdemeanors

JRW (same JW formerly associated with the perp) - Possession of controlled substance-marijuana

In a town of 10-12,000, I'd think that there would be talk...lots of talk. I don't see comments on the local newspaper site. Surely, there have to be posts about this mess.

LCoastMom--maybe I'm slow (well, duh) but I don't follow just who the daughter-in-law is. Are you thinking that it's just an uninvolved adult woman who allowed Freerksen to photograph her and that she's not involved in the child rapes or *advertiser censored*?

I guess they needed a SANE room after they'd dealt with the numerous Freerksen victims:

http://woodwardnews.net/local/x993501301/Hospital-adds-SANE-room-for-victims

Woodward Regional Hospital has made caring for sexual assault victims a priority with the addition of a Sexual Assault Nursing Examiner (SANE) room. The hospital unveiled the new SANE room to area law enforcement officials and representatives and victim advocates...

more at link (including a photo of Det. Mike Morton who is under investigation)

This might be nothing at all except for the woman's age and the time frame.

http://woodwardnews.net/local/x1156006421/Police-investigating-womans-death

October 16, 2007
Police investigating woman's death

"The Woodward Police Department is investigating the death of a woman whose body was found in the alley behind the 400 block of Fifth Street Monday morning. The body of Brandy Moline, 27, was discovered around 7 a.m. by her husband JM in the alley behind their home, said lead investigator Det. Cpl. Mike Morton...."

and

"...He also said the scene was processed and some possible evidence was collected.

“At this point we are not ruling out anything,” he said.

However, Wheeler did say that the cause of death “appears to be a gunshot wound to the head area....”

More at link

Yes, a gunshot wound to the head could do it. I find this curious as I can find no other articles or an obituary for this young woman. She'd be the same age as Dean Freerksen and her home on 5th Street is only a mile from where the Freerksens lived. This death occurred after the child stealing incident.

This article lists Morton as a Cpl. Isn't that a step up from Sgt? He's described as Detective Sgt. Morton in articles about the Freerksens, two years later.

I've learned two things. First is that I've been told that Sgt. is a step UP from Cpl. in LE. I stand corrected. Now, though, I guess he's chopped liver as he's a former LEO, as the investigation continues.

And the two homes linked to Freerksen and family are side by side mobile homes in a park. One of Freerksen's relatives worked at the high school.

In a town of 10-12,000, I'd think that there would be talk...lots of talk. I don't see comments on the local newspaper site. Surely, there have to be posts about this mess.

LCoastMom--maybe I'm slow (well, duh) but I don't follow just who the daughter-in-law is. Are you thinking that it's just an uninvolved adult woman who allowed Freerksen to photograph her and that she's not involved in the child rapes or *advertiser censored*?

As the LEO / F-I-L was only seeking custody of one child and DF/AF have 4 - also the evidence was apparently leaked to this person.

IDK - if this LEO was D.F. II I think his name may have come out in the article. There would have already been issues with child custody of AF/DF's kids - no need for an emergency hearing. KWIM?

I think it is possible that they may have allowed other women in their pictures too - if they are all consenting adults, no crime - no reason for it to make the news.

Interesting about them living in MH's - as JW was found in the attic. To my knowledge, MHs don't have attics!

It sounds like this has cost the (extended) family plenty, in every way.

I should have been more clear on the comment about Federal prosecutions too.

It is the child *advertiser censored* cases that I am seeing the Feds handle, not specifically child molestation (it just happens to go hand in hand). Crimes involving kiddy *advertiser censored* seem to get longer sentences and quicker resolution in Fed Court.

Hmmm. You are right about mobile homes not having attics but possibly he didn't live in the MH at the time of that "child stealing". I wonder if that crime might have also occurred at the father's house? I checked back and Freerksen's father is not named in any of the articles I found. He's just referred to as "Freerksen's father". Several search sites bring up some confusing, conflicting, and disturbing info on Dean III.

Do we know for certain that Alicia was married to him? I know she used the name and is referred to as the wife but I'm seeing where he lives with family members and a number of children under the age of 18. I wonder if Alicia is one of those "children" as this is probably a couple of years old. But it is on Cherry Street. I'm also very concerned that the 11 year old might have been his child. He'd have been 17 when she was born but I think this guy's been at it for a long time.

Back to the child-stealing. Is there any other state where this would not have been called kidnapping?

Well, she ran away and evidently stayed with him willingly! Right up until she passed out under the insulation?

Aiding and abetting, involving a minor in illegal activity (sex, alcohol & drugs?), plus all the rest that should have gone with that charge! Guessing here that JW had a bit of a history, beyond running away. (Not saying it is right!)

I seriously would like to know more about her being found unconscious, in the attic (timing eh?).

Where did he get the funds to be buying her multiple cell phones, flowers and "everything she wanted" that mom couldn't afford?

I'd also like to know about the young woman found dead--with no follow-up whatsoever. Where's a good investigative reporter when you need one??

I have no doubt that JW had/has issues. Alicia most likely did too. We know that certain guys glom onto that in a heartbeat. I just cannot, for the life of me, seem to be able to connect the dots between a child found unconscious in an attic and a suspended sentence. Something is just not adding up here.

The fact that JW was found to be in possession of pot wouldn't even make the police calls in some states. Not in Oregon, that's for sure. She'd get a small citation, if she's still underage, and sent on her way. I'm sure her life was made far more complicated by her contact with Freerksen.

50 years in the Federal Pen for Dean Freerksen.

http://newsok.com/in-brief-woodward...g-child-*advertiser censored*/article/3545382

Good. I'd still like to know about the young woman found dead so close by, under very strange circumstances.

I see no new updates as far as the former detective goes.

The FBI PR:

29-Year-Old Woodward Man Sentenced to Serve 50 Years in Federal Prison for Producing Child *advertiser censored*

OKLAHOMA CITY—Today, DEAN LEROY FREERKSEN III, 29, of Woodward, Oklahoma, was sentenced by United States District Judge David L. Russell to serve 600 months in federal prison for producing child *advertiser censored*, announced Sanford C. Coats, United States Attorney for the Western District of Oklahoma.

"While we cannot erase the criminal acts perpetrated on exploited children or restore the innocence that has been taken, we must make sure that child predators are brought to justice and removed from our communities," said U.S. Attorney Coats. "This 50-year sentence clearly demonstrates that our society will not tolerate predators who sexually exploit innocent children. The extraordinary efforts of the agents and prosecutors are to be commended."

On August 17, 2010, Freerksen was convicted by a jury after a trial. Evidence at trial showed that Freerksen and his wife, Alicia Danielle Freerksen, 21, used a digital camera to take multiple photographs of themselves engaging in sexually explicit conduct with an 11-year-old girl and a 15-year-old girl. The abuse occurred at the Freerksen's Woodward home in the summer of 2009. The abuse came to light when one of the child victims reported it to her mother, who reported it to law enforcement.

At the sentencing hearing, Judge Russell took into consideration Freerksen's prior criminal history, which included convictions for lewd molestation of a child and child stealing. Following the 50-year prison term, Dean Freerksen must serve the remainder of his life on supervised release and will be required to register as a sex offender.

Prior to trial, Alicia Freerksen pled guilty to possession of child *advertiser censored* and testified against her husband at his trial. Earlier this month, Alicia Freerksen was sentenced to serve 120 months in federal prison for her role in this crime. Upon her release from prison, Alicia Freerksen must serve five years of supervised release and will be required to register as a sex offender."

I do not understand the difference between child stealing and kidnapping. Randy Lande in MO was just charged with kidnapping as he moved his rape victim from one room to another in the same house. Plus, we need to remember that Freerksen got a suspended sentence AND that the young girl was found hidden and unconscious. Maybe this law needs a little work.

Oklahoma law concerning child stealing:

Chapter 35. Child Stealing

891. Child stealing--Penalty

"Whoever maliciously, forcibly or fraudulently takes or entices away any child under the age of sixteen (16) years, with intent to detain or conceal such child from its parent, guardian or other person having the lawful charge of such child or to transport such child from the jurisdiction of this state or the United States without the consent of the person having lawful charge of such child shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections not exceeding ten (10) years.

Except for persons sentenced to life or life without parole, any person sentenced to imprisonment for two (2) years or more for a violation of this section and the offense involved sexual abuse or sexual exploitation, shall be required to serve a term of post-imprisonment supervision pursuant to subparagraph f of paragraph 1 of subsection A of Section 991a of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes under conditions determined by the Department of Corrections. The jury shall be advised that the mandatory post-imprisonment supervision shall be in addition to the actual imprisonment."

The Oklahoma laws on kidnapping:

Chapter 25. Kidnapping

741. Kidnapping defined

Any person who, without lawful authority, forcibly seizes and confines another, or inveigles or kidnaps another, with intent, either:

First. To cause such other person to be confined or imprisoned in this state against the will of the other person; or

Second. To cause such other person to be sent out of this state against the will of the other person; or

Third. To cause such person to be sold as a slave, or in any way held to service against the will of such person, shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for a term not exceeding twenty (20) years. Upon any trial for a violation of this section, the consent thereto of the person kidnapped or confined, shall not be a defense, unless it appears satisfactorily to the jury, that such person was above the age of twelve (12) years, and that such consent was not extorted by threat, or by duress.

Except for persons sentenced to life or life without parole, on and after the effective date of this act, any person sentenced to imprisonment for a violation of this section and the offense involved sexual abuse or sexual exploitation, shall be required to serve a term of post-imprisonment supervision pursuant to subparagraph f of paragraph 1 of subsection A of Section 991a of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes under conditions determined by the Department of Corrections. The jury shall be advised that the mandatory post-imprisonment supervision shall be in addition to the actual imprisonment.

My head hurts after reading this story. What in the world was going on in that town?

Crazy seeing my family in all these comments... Jenny is my Aunt whom I was raised with like sisters.. glad they finally put him away!! Took them long enough..

Well, she ran away and evidently stayed with him willingly! Right up until she passed out under the insulation?

Aiding and abetting, involving a minor in illegal activity (sex, alcohol & drugs?), plus all the rest that should have gone with that charge! Guessing here that JW had a bit of a history, beyond running away. (Not saying it is right!)

I seriously would like to know more about her being found unconscious, in the attic (timing eh?).

Where did he get the funds to be buying her multiple cell phones, flowers and "everything she wanted" that mom couldn't afford?
He worked on wind turbines

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back