OK OK - Girl Scout Murders, Lori Farmer, 8, Michelle Guse, 9, Doris Milner, 10, 1977

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to see this thread active again. This case has always been one of my 'favorites' (for lack of a better word).

I think there had to have been more than one perp. It is amazing to have THREE little girls murdered in a campground and no one hears anything! It would be very hard for one man to control three little girls and keep them all quiet.

Here is a forum dedicated to the girls I have never seen before: http://girlscoutmurders.yuku.com/forums/63/t/General-Discussion.html

Here is the A&E Board which was posted earlier in the thread:
http://boards.aetv.com/topic/Have-Any-Cases/Girl-Scout-Murders/100001959

I am glad to see this thread active again. This case has always been one of my 'favorites' (for lack of a better word).

I think there had to have been more than one perp. It is amazing to have THREE little girls murdered in a campground and no one hears anything! It would be very hard for one man to control three little girls and keep them all quiet.

Here is a forum dedicated to the girls I have never seen before: http://girlscoutmurders.yuku.com/forums/63/t/General-Discussion.html

Here is the A&E Board which was posted earlier in the thread:
http://boards.aetv.com/topic/Have-Any-Cases/Girl-Scout-Murders/100001959

I stumbled upon the yuku site a couple of years ago!! It has a ton of info about the case and some really dedicated researchers. I recommend reading that site. :)

I am just reading up on this case and have no valuable insight as of right now. But this case just brought me back to a camp situation I experienced (I am a volunteer counselor at a summer camp) from.... 1992 I think? Could have been '93. The children in my cabin were girls aged about 9-12.
My co-counselors and I came back from an all-camp evening activity one evening and found a note along with an audiotape, taped to the door of the cabin. It said something to the effect of a 'rising up' and that campers would kill or be killed by their counselors and there was a certain # mentioned. It was creepy enough that we immediately brought it to the camp directors- thinking prank- but also thinking no one in our camp group would play a prank like that. No one was ever hurt at our camp and we all eventually assumed it was perhaps simply a completely unfunny and inappropriate prank played by one of the actual camp 'workers' such as a kitchen or maintenance staff person.

Now I am wondering. This happened in CT though.

Are there any members on this board from that area? Does the law enforcement still seem reluctant to determine what really happened

I am just reading up on this case and have no valuable insight as of right now. But this case just brought me back to a camp situation I experienced (I am a volunteer counselor at a summer camp) from.... 1992 I think? Could have been '93. The children in my cabin were girls aged about 9-12.
My co-counselors and I came back from an all-camp evening activity one evening and found a note along with an audiotape, taped to the door of the cabin. It said something to the effect of a 'rising up' and that campers would kill or be killed by their counselors and there was a certain # mentioned. It was creepy enough that we immediately brought it to the camp directors- thinking prank- but also thinking no one in our camp group would play a prank like that. No one was ever hurt at our camp and we all eventually assumed it was perhaps simply a completely unfunny and inappropriate prank played by one of the actual camp 'workers' such as a kitchen or maintenance staff person.

Now I am wondering. This happened in CT though.

That is certainly creepy! How did you ever fall asleep for the next year? Did you guys turn it over to the police?

This post is on the topix board. Interesting.......

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/locust-grove-ok/TOMILBU3RJTRDGU18
I have called the OSBI, and nobody will listen. I was a boy scout in troup 17 at Camp Garland when those murders occured. We had the first camp site at Camp Garland and only 1/4 mile from Camp Scott. Those girls that were murdered were in the first camp site closest to camp Garland. The first night of camp we had three boys that bragged to the entire troup that they were going to go to Camp Scott that night to get some girls. They indead went, and in the middle of the night returned and woke up allot of us arguing. One boy was crying and saying he didn't want to get into trouble, the other two boys were angry and telling him to keep his mouth shut and they won't get in any trouble. The next morning the police arrived and took all the boys 14 years old and older into the camp site building for questioning. I was only 12. Myself and about 10 other boys told our scout master about the three boys and what they said and did, but he told us to shut up and let the police do thier job.

The Mays county detectives and OSBI found a "drunk Indian" to blame this on and they don't want to be embarressed. I've even called KRMG, and emailed channel 8 and nobody wants to look into this. I gaurantee, if someone adertised to have members of boy scout troup 17 come forward, you would get over a dozen that would remember those three boys and what they did.

Those three girls and thier families deserve justice!! I ended up going to
with two of those boys and they were some of the roughest kids at Rogers High School, class of 83. I remember thier names.

Interesting, but I am not sure I buy it. I do believe the wrong man was blamed for the murders, though

Can the FBI be contacted? Do any of the surviving family members still live in the area?

Unless improvements in DNA technology in the last two years allow a greater insight into the physical evidence (and OSBI has established a cold-case squad for just that purpose), I don't think this case will ever be solved, barring a deathbed confession.

No we never turned it over to the police- I don't think anyone knew and/or thought about this case at the time. It was, after all, summer camp. We truly just thought it was a wierd and odd prank (although we were truly very creeped out.) My co-counselors and I paid a LOT of attention to both the safety of our kids and the staff at the time... Does anyone know if that was something that was circulating around camps then (like a b-rated horror movie or something like that? )
Plus it was in CT...so that doesn't fit. But then again, creeps do seem to move around a lot.

I thought I'd re-acquire "Someone Cry for the Children: The Unsolved Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders and the Case of Gene Leroy Hart" and further re-acquaint myself with the details of the case, but---ouch, prohibitive prices: Amazon and Alibris list many used copies, ranging in price from $29.99 to $99.99 for hardbacks, and paperbacks from $30 to about $80. The only new copy available: a paperback listing at an even $100.

Premium prices like that indicate that high levels of interest still exist for this case, 28 years after the book was published and 32 years after the tragedy at Camp Scott.

As an aside, Bookfinder.com is listing a copy for $7.94 (hardcover, good condition). There are signed copies of the book going for as high as $400.

As an aside, Bookfinder.com is listing a copy for $7.94 (hardcover, good condition). There are signed copies of the book going for as high as $400.

Thanks for the tip! Just ordered it.

I love Bookfinder.com. It rarely lets me down.

This post is on the topix board. Interesting.......

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/locust-grove-ok/TOMILBU3RJTRDGU18
I have called the OSBI, and nobody will listen. I was a boy scout in troup 17 at Camp Garland when those murders occured. We had the first camp site at Camp Garland and only 1/4 mile from Camp Scott. Those girls that were murdered were in the first camp site closest to camp Garland. The first night of camp we had three boys that bragged to the entire troup that they were going to go to Camp Scott that night to get some girls. They indead went, and in the middle of the night returned and woke up allot of us arguing. One boy was crying and saying he didn't want to get into trouble, the other two boys were angry and telling him to keep his mouth shut and they won't get in any trouble. The next morning the police arrived and took all the boys 14 years old and older into the camp site building for questioning. I was only 12. Myself and about 10 other boys told our scout master about the three boys and what they said and did, but he told us to shut up and let the police do thier job.

The Mays county detectives and OSBI found a "drunk Indian" to blame this on and they don't want to be embarressed. I've even called KRMG, and emailed channel 8 and nobody wants to look into this. I gaurantee, if someone adertised to have members of boy scout troup 17 come forward, you would get over a dozen that would remember those three boys and what they did.

Those three girls and thier families deserve justice!! I ended up going to
with two of those boys and they were some of the roughest kids at Rogers High School, class of 83. I remember thier names.

This was actually looked into and the troop that was being talked about by this "camper" was never at Camp Garland during the time frame that the murders took place. If I recall correctly that troop went to a different camp that year.

If you go to the yuke site that you linked earlier there is a thread there on the first page talking about the 3 boy scout's theory. It gives a bunch of good info in that thread. :)

I was just reading through some of the websites online about this story. At the angelfire site below, it mentions the farmer who lived less than a mile from the camp, Jack Shroff. Why wasn't he looked at more closely? They found some evidence at his farm that matched the evidence found on the girls (black duct tape and rope) and also a match for the bloody footprint in the tent, but they totally ruled him out because he passed a polygraph? Lie detector tests are not reliable and I can't believe they so readily dismissed him from their suspect list because of that! Even if they cleared him because of the polygraph, that didn't mean that someone else on his farm couldn't have committed this crime, either a son or some other relative of his, or a farmhand who worked there.

From the angelfire site:

Three days after the brutal slayings, the hunt for evidence moved less than a mile west of Camp Scott to the 110 acre ranch of 58 year old Jack Shroff. The hunt moved because the bloodhounds lead the lawmen to his home and pond. Lawmen searched for a murder weapon and other possible evidence. During the search, officers found a roll of black duct tape and rope. The evidence matched the items found on the three little Girl Scouts ("Owener of Farm"). Several rocks, a tire tool, and a crowbar were discovered at the ranch, but the items were not connected with the slayings. Detectives found a footprint that matched the print in the death tent at Camp Scott. Mr. Shroff submitted to a lie detector test and passed (Allen - "Dogs").

http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/girlscoutmurders/

When I Google him, his name just comes up in connection with the murders. I did find two articles on newspaperarchives.com from 1977 that said Shroff's house was broken into the same night of the murders, so maybe he didn't have anything to do with it. I copied the link from one of them below. I hope the link comes through okay; it's hard to copy those PDF files from the newspaperarchive site. I can't find evidence yet whether he is still alive. If he is, he would be around 80 this year. Evidently, Jack Shroff's main residence was in Tulsa and he only lived part-time on that farm.

The article is in about the center of the front page in the link below, and says "Lead Uncovered in Scout Probe." The article is continued on the next page, but it's just a short paragraph and really doesn't say anything relevant.

http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Pdf...earch&currentResult=0&currentPage=0&fpo=False

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500