Silver Alert OK - Grady Benson, 69, not at home, all vehicles are at home & wallet, keys & phone in PU trk, Randlett, 9 Nov 2022

WE ARE GETTING CLOSER!!!
WE NEED 500 DOLLARS IN DONATIONS TO REACH OUR GOAL TO KEEP WEBSLEUTHS GOING.
Every month for about 228 months (that is 19 years) I have gladly paid the bills. Rarely over the 19 years have I asked for your help. THANK YOU to all who have donated. I will post an announcement and stop accepting donations when we reach our goal!
Please use PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
If the PayPal link does not work for you go to www.paypal.com and put in the email websleuths.com@gmail.com and you can send a donation that way.
Venmo name is Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

(PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS DONATIONS ON THIS THREAD. CLICK HERE FOR DISCUSSION AND MORE INFORMATION)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Tricia

Grady's wife attended this event, as seen in the video.

APR 23, 2023
UCO To Host Oklahoma Missing Persons Day Event (news9.com)
More than 150 families are one step closer to finding their missing loved ones thanks to multiple state and federal agencies who teamed up for Oklahoma Missing Persons Day.

The event was held at the University of Central Oklahoma's Forensic Science Department.

Those who attended were able to provide DNA testing, photographs of their missing family members, and speak one on one with agents.

[...]

Grady's wife attended this event, as seen in the video.

APR 23, 2023
UCO To Host Oklahoma Missing Persons Day Event (news9.com)
More than 150 families are one step closer to finding their missing loved ones thanks to multiple state and federal agencies who teamed up for Oklahoma Missing Persons Day.

The event was held at the University of Central Oklahoma's Forensic Science Department.

Those who attended were able to provide DNA testing, photographs of their missing family members, and speak one on one with agents.

[...]
Awesome find! More universities with forensic science studies should get involved in helping with missing person's cases.
Jmo

WHERE IS GRADY?????
We need an update on search efforts. OSBI is in charge but cases they work don't seem to get much press after one or two communications to the public.

If he hadn't disappeared from such a rural & isolated location, determining foul play, if any, might be easier? His son saw him after dark at his home & then crickets??? He may have not even gone inside?

I want to know if all locals with criminal backgrounds have been vetted. I hope LE is doing surveillance with cameras around his property. His wife has video of someone on their porch earlier this year in the middle of the night.

I do not think he left on his own accord. I think somebody "disappeared him." The questions are who & why? Did he find some illegal activity on or near his property l? Was he supporting someone in the community who was a crime victim & became a target himself?

Someone knows & needs to come forward.

MOO

Dated May 9

COTTON COUNTY, Okla. (KFDX/KJTL) — Authorities are still looking for Grady Bruce Benson, a 69-year-old man from just outside Randlett, Oklahoma, exactly six months since his mysterious disappearance from his family home.

Tuesday, May 9, 2023, marks six months since the last time anyone saw Benson, and his family is still searching for answers.

“This is just unheard of,” Maxine Benson, Bruce Benson’s wife said. “This is something that happens somewhere else. It just doesn’t happen in Cotton County.”

Local and state authorities, including the Cotton County Sheriff’s Office and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations, have been searching for Bruce since he was first reported missing in November 2022.

“They came back with dogs,” Maxine Benson said.

“They searched for probably a month,” added Grady Benson.

“Yeah, up and down the creek, and to the river,” Maxine Benson said. “Horseback, four-wheelers, drones, airplanes, helicopters… Searching, helping search, and they still continue to search.”

But according to authorities, that wait may be far from over. Gerald Davidson, OSBI’s Interim Public Information Officer, had no update on Bruce, other than the investigation is ongoing.

But Maxine said despite that, she’s not done looking for her husband.

“Oh no,” Maxine Benson said. “I’ll never give up hope.”

Maxine Benson said she’s thankful that her community hasn’t given up on her husband yet either.

“We appreciate every prayer, everybody searching, and please continue,” Maxine Benson said. “I still look, I’ll never quit looking. He’s somewhere close, I do believe that. I’ll continue to look until the day I die, or until I find him.”

“It’s just not nothing you’d think would happen, and it would happen here in Cotton County. It just... those things don’t happen, and you just think they don’t happen to you if they did happen,” said Maxine Benson, Grady’s wife.

She said the last time she saw her husband was at Bill’s Catfish in Waurika on Nov. 9, 2022. They had dinner before she left for a girl’s trip to Missouri.

“He got my suitcase out and put it in their car. Kissed him goodbye and that was it,” Maxine recalled.

Oklahoma authorities said believe Grady then drove to his home in Randlett, about 15 miles away from the restaurant to meet up with his son, Grady Jr.

“He had come back by the field and brought me supper that night from the fish house, gave me a ride back to my pickup,” Grady Jr. stated. “Whenever I was leaving out, I stopped and talked to him again, thanked him for the fish and told him I’d see him the next day and all that. Everything just seemed normal.”

The next morning, Nov. 10, Maxine said she texted her husband just as she had done the night before but never received a response.

“He didn’t text me back, which I knew he wouldn’t because he doesn’t text. He just had a flip phone,” Maxine said. “That’s all he wanted. Hello and goodbye to somebody and that was it.”

RANDLETT, Okla. (KSWO) - A year has passed since Grady Bruce Benson went missing, so in attempts to keep hope alive, the family of the 69-year-old Cotton County farmer held a candle light vigil Thursday night.

“Although it’s been a year Bruce is not forgotten and the church stands with him and all the community does, and there’s just a lot of love and support here for them and we just want them to know that,” said Kevin Simpson, Grady’s Pastor.

“He would be so shocked that so many have showed up especially on a night like tonight. I know the roads not the best tonight, but everybody got here,” said Maxine.

She stated, even on a rainy night people in the community still showed up to support.

I just happened upon this story for the first time today. Very worrisome that it’s been a year.

After reading all, I can only assume :
Suicide
Sudden farm accident
Foul play (homicide)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members