OK OK - James Richard Larabee, 57, Davis, Sep 2013

cybervampira

Reaction score
Davis Police investigate missing persons case
http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Davis-Police-investigate-missing-persons-case--477983993.html
478030e53b8d4b73b7f3fd494ab56c33.jpg

DAVIS, Okla. (KXII) - Davis Police are searching for a man who's been missing for five years.

They say a family member reported James Richard Larabee, 57, missing in January.

The family member told police they thought Larabee's grown children had reported him missing, but recently found out they hadn't.

Larabee was last seen in September of 2013 when he traveled to Davis for a class reunion and stayed at the Kaiser Cabins.

If you have any information about Larabee or his whereabouts, give Davis Police a call.

This is like the Florida case where the man was missing for 3 years and finally reported missing by a friend. Maybe he had a estranged relationship with his kids?

James Richard Larabee – The Charley Project

larabee_james.jpg
larabee_james2.jpg
larabee_james3.jpg

• Missing Since: 09/28/2013
  • Missing From: Davis, Oklahoma
  • Classification: Missing
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: White
  • Height and Weight: 6'0, 180 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Larabee's nickname is Rick
Details of Disappearance
Larabee was last seen on September 28, 2013, when he attended his class reunion in Davis, Oklahoma. On October 3, he texted his sister saying he was going to northwest Oklahoma and would be back in nine days. This is the last time any of his family heard from him. They subsequently learned he had cashed out his 401k retirement savings prior to the class reunion.

Larabee's vehicle was sold in Georgia in April 2015. His Texas driver's license expired in 2016 and was never renewed. He was not reported missing until 2018, due to a miscommunication; his family thought his grown children had filed the report earlier, but he hadn't.

His whereabouts are unknown and his case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Davis Police Department 580-369-3333
Source Information

I'd like to know who sold the vehicle - was it Rick, or someone else? If someone else, it couldn't have been a legal sale, without the title and all.

It's possible there was estrangement from the adult children, but if you search his name someone identifying themselves as one of them is asking on a genealogy page where he is. I wonder if there was also a miscommunication among the children about who filed the report that contributed to the delay.

A DUI record for him also comes up earlier in the year he disappeared. Could be absolutely nothing other than a poor decision to drive one night, but might also speak to a bit of his mental state that year.

I wonder if anyone at the reunion heard him say anything relevant.

I hope he is safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E.Layne
Back