OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>

?? IF it's true, this may tie in with something that's been puzzling me. In thread #1, there is a link to documents related to Bobby Dale Jamison's suit against Bobby Dean Jamison.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oc...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2470961&db=Oklahoma

Closer to the bottom of the pages, 05-11-2009 "Account", there is a one line entry called AC69 Child Abuse Multidisciplinary Fee. I don't how it relates to the fraud charge (unless defrauding your child, no matter the age, constitutes child abuse), but am wondering if past violence against a plaintiff could be brought into a current legal matter. Has me a bit stumped, but sad to think that anybody could be guilty of running over their own child.

I looked over the link to the OK courts. I think I understand the dollar items although I have never seen anything quite like this.

If you notice, the lawyer for the plaintiff (Bobby Dale Jamison) paid a total of $217.30 on May 11, 2009 when he filed the complaint on behalf of Dale. The $217.30 is itemized. I suspect that State of Oklahoma, in lieu of just taxing the public, assesses "user fees" on those who use the courts. So if you want to file a lawsuit, the State of OK will pick your pocket for things that had nothing to do with the subject matter of the suit, including in this case $10 toward some child abuse fund.

Jeesh, my PC conked out the week before Christmas and thus I was unable to follow the top-notch posts here on WS. So I had to buy the Tulsa World and the Daily Oklahoman every day, hoping for Jamison news. And of course there was none. This case is officially as cold as it is across our entire state today and, here in the NE section of Okie-Land, it's five above zero with a wind chill well below. I'm enjoying catching up with the posts here. You all are terrific.

Really wish there were some sort of an update. Anyone wanna call the LE and remind them to do their job?

Really wish there were some sort of an update. Anyone wanna call the LE and remind them to do their job?

Off-topic a wee bit, but here's an example of the utterly defeatist approach LE takes in OK. OSBI spokesperson Jessica Brown said this after announcing that, in the Freeman-Bible case [here in NE OK, ten years ago] a reward of $10,000 is now being offered:

"Rewards don&#8217;t often work."

Talk about negative. She does go on to give the reasons for the reward being offered, etc. etc. (http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_364210904.html), but her approach is indicative of, as I wrote above, the defeatist attitude of OSBI.

So I don't hold much hope any of our crimes and mysteries here will be solved.

The land purchase
I would have to wonder why a man with a bad back would contemplate even buying land to live in such a rugged terrain. It is not like he would be able to get around well and that does not make sense unless the purpose of the purchase was not to actually live there but as some sort of investment. If he was really interested in the land then there had to have been something about that location that was attractive to him, either something that could be extracted from the land (like minerals) or something grown on the remote land.

Was it ever explained where he got all that cash? It seems like an awfully large sum of money for these people of ordinary means to have had at their disposal. Did they make any large withdrawals? If this cash came from untraceable sources, it was probably illicit proceeds from something.
<snip and BBM>

Being on a disabililty for a bad back doesn't necessarily mean a person can't do certain things, just that they can't do them in an employer's timeframe in order to function effectively and efficiently in an employment situation.

While we don't know for certain, it is very possible there was a cash payout from the auto accident, PLUS his dad may have settled privately in the lawsuit re the garage fraud.

Just thinking of some common denominators ...

The Jamisons had just purchased a used truck. Joe Neff's daughter said Joe had a few different vehicles and was interested in buying a Hummer as his next vehicle. Wondering if there might be some connections found there.

[QUOTE=sillybilly;4654626]<snip and BBM>

Being on a disabililty for a bad back doesn't necessarily mean a person can't do certain things, just that they can't do them in an employer's timeframe in order to function effectively and efficiently in an employment situation.
]

I know there is a difference between being disabled for Social Security purposes and being wheelchair bound. However, I thought someone who investigated where the truck was found commented that Mr. Jamison could only have walked a few steps in that terrain.

It still seems like if a person with a bad back wanted to have a new home built, it would be a ranch style house on flat terrain, not on rugged terrain. Any hills, slopes, inclines or declines can cause terrible pain for people with chronic back conditions.

[QUOTE=sillybilly;4654626]<snip and BBM>

]

I know there is a difference between being disabled for Social Security purposes and being wheelchair bound. However, I thought someone who investigated where the truck was found commented that Mr. Jamison could only have walked a few steps in that terrain.

It still seems like if a person with a bad back wanted to have a new home built, it would be a ranch style house on flat terrain, not on rugged terrain. Any hills, slopes, inclines or declines can cause terrible pain for people with chronic back conditions.

Hi everyone, juming in here, I've been following this case and keep checking back periodically hoping the Jamison's have been found. That poor little girl didn't deserve whatever happened to her.

I believe the land purchase was an investment and they didn't have any intention of living there. All for the reasons stated in the above few posts.

It was mentioned the truck was found near wells. Have they checked out all the wells and made sure there are no bodies down them?? *sorry for the visual-hard to type it as well The surrounding oil rigs are hinky to me as well.

Wanted to add, when I saw the first thread was closed I was excited thinking the Jamison's had been found and there was no reason to continue posting.

Bump for this family. I am still not convinced that they didn't stage it. I am furious the LE is not giving out more information/ updates.

Bump for this family. I am still not convinced that they didn't stage it. I am furious the LE is not giving out more information/ updates.

And another bump for the Jamisons. It makes me embarrassed to live in Oklahoma, all of these unsolved cases: Taylor & Skyla in Weleetka; Pastor Carol Daniels in Anadarko; Joe Neff in Poteau; Tony Day missing in OKC; and the Jamisons. It's a ringing indictment of LE, the above.

Thanks to everyone who has taken an interest.

Well, if they staged it, why leave the dog and all that money? Maybe the dog could have been part of the "staging," but a few hundred dollars would have done just as much to show they "intended" to come back as the larger sum that was left in the vehicle. And if they staged it, how cruel to leave the dog to starve or die of thirst. Not that people aren't capable of crazy and cruel things, but there would have been many better ways to disappear, even dramatically. E.g., put the dog in a kennel or ask a neighbor to feed it for a day or two. Or just take the dog along. So I think something bad happened.

First, I thought they'd stumbled onto a crime in progress (meth lab in woods, pot crop in fields, etc.); then I thought that perhaps they were overcome by fumes seeping from a mine after having sheltered in the opening of an old shaft after a walk was disrupted by rain; and then it was onto the Occam's Razor-friendly, staged disappearance. Now, I'm thinking it was a staged disappearance, but violence was involved, e.g., one parent killed by a third party who was directed to follow them and in whose car an escape---involving one or two Jamisons---was effected, with the truck and its contents left there as staging. Were this the case, leaving the dog and the money would make sense in order to throw LE off the trail.

In short, though, I have no clue.

This crime just knocks me out, I can't read about it without getting frustrated. Something is way off. Prayers for the family and may someone find them soon. It is just chilling.

Didn't hunters see them on the first day or whatever, but didn't report it til days/week later? Maybe they thought that someone would call LE about the abandoned vehicle, therefore saving the dog, a lot sooner than they did. Weird. Just weird.

I think of this family just about every day since I first read about them.

Could the posters who think this may have been a "staged disappearance" please tell me what you think the underlying reasoning would be behind such an act.

I really don't see anything outlandish in their background that smacks of either the mom or dad being unbelievably cruel and heartless to the extent that they would willingly leave their poor dog behind (when they easily could have just left it at home to begin with). With all the unsolved cases in the area, I personally feel the Jamisons are victims of foul play.

I think of this family just about every day since I first read about them.

Could the posters who think this may have been a "staged disappearance" please tell me what you think the underlying reasoning would be behind such an act.

I really don't see anything outlandish in their background that smacks of either the mom or dad being unbelievably cruel and heartless to the extent that they would willingly leave their poor dog behind (when they easily could have just left it at home to begin with). With all the unsolved cases in the area, I personally feel the Jamisons are victims of foul play.

Their background? Start with the fact that their families have apparently not pushed for this case to stay on LE and the media's front burner. Add the lawsuit and the protective order in re: Mr. Jamison and his father. Stir in both of the parents evidently being on disability, and the talk that Mrs. Jamison suffers from alarming depression. Add a full helping of the family evidently seeking to move with their young child and live an isolated life---they had gone to a fairly remote area to look at land.

Hinkiness permeates this case. While we animal lovers focus on the dog, it in fact may not have even come into their chain of caring. They may have had what, to them, were larger fears and concerns.

Their background? Start with the fact that their families have apparently not pushed for this case to stay on LE and the media's front burner. Add the lawsuit and the protective order in re: Mr. Jamison and his father. Stir in both of the parents evidently being on disability, and the talk that Mrs. Jamison suffers from alarming depression. Add a full helping of the family evidently seeking to move with their young child and live an isolated life---they had gone to a fairly remote area to look at land.

Hinkiness permeates this case. While we animal lovers focus on the dog, it in fact may not have even come into their chain of caring. They may have had what, to them, were larger fears and concerns.

Let's say they were a dysfunctional family. If this particular group of Jamisons wanted to disappear, they would have taken all or most of their cash with them. Cash is king for someone on the run.

I am not going to accuse anyone by name of criminal behavior absent any evidence of it. I do believe, however, that someone wanted at least Mr. Jamison dead. It could be that he was lured there by someone and he inadvertently brought the wife and child and all were killed. I do not know. But whoever killed them, in my opinion, was not after the cash, otherwise they would have taken it.

Let's say they were a dysfunctional family. If this particular group of Jamisons wanted to disappear, they would have taken all or most of their cash with them. Cash is king for someone on the run.

I am not going to accuse anyone by name of criminal behavior absent any evidence of it. I do believe, however, that someone wanted at least Mr. Jamison dead. It could be that he was lured there by someone and he inadvertently brought the wife and child and all were killed. I do not know. But whoever killed them, in my opinion, was not after the cash, otherwise they would have taken it.

But where is the evidence that they're dead? And why Mr. Jamison, as opposed to his wife, or the whole family?

If they were killed, the cash may have been hidden in the vehicle to the extent that the killer(s) just did not find it, or think to look - if indeed robbery was not the motive. And what then was the motive?

I wonder how much cash there was - "a substantial amount" is vague in the extreme. To one, that might mean $400. To another, in the thousands. (To me, $800 = "a substantial amount.") If they disappeared voluntarily, they may have left some big bills to throw off LE.

Bizarre case, and the most bizarre thing about it is the silence of OK media - is that based on simply not caring, or on the possibility that LE is withholding from discussion what it does know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg