Stebens, Lee Gene​

1709502996578.png

Details:
Homicide occurred
Before June 29, 1991
2600 block of West 158th St. South
Tulsa, OK

Synopsis:
Human remains were found on June 29, 1991 at the 2600 block of West 158th Street South. The remains were later identified as those of 13-year-old Lee Gene Stebens. The young man was wearing a blue and white striped shirt and gray slacks as well as multiple red and orange friendship bracelets.

Stebens, Lee Gene - Tulsa County Sheriff's Office

Information from an article on page A 25 of the Tulsa World on April 17th, 1992.
  • He had been missing since June 24th.
  • His cause of death was not able to be determined.
  • He was buried as a John Doe on April 8th.
  • He was identified in April 1992.

this case has always been so sad to me... his hat says skate or die when you take a close look at his picture... he was also known to have escaped from a juvenile facility 1x or 2x... oddly enough i posted his story on this website called documenting reality and I got some really chilling comments from a particular user that I highly suspect knows what happened that night and whoever it was, made the same comment 2x as if to leave a riddle like hint. HYPRTCKR is the username and this is what this person told me:

Seems to me that this guy used to go to nearby Kiefer High School & used to walk/skate/cycle thru a favorite path,...many water spots around the area.
~ I suspect a regular (school/neighborhood) bully & his entourage finally did him in, thought he was too much a 4-eyed gay dweeb.
~ He finally decided to stand up to him/them, bad move, then dumped where found.
~ Closeup of hat says, Skate de _?
~ Just wanted to be regular popular kid, it didn't help.

other comment:

Keifer, Oklahoma
~ Probably student at nearby Keifer High School
~ Probably previously & regularly knew his bully assailant, & friends, who thought he was a 4-eyed gay dweeb.
~ Closeup of hat says "Skate de __'
~ Probably tried to fit in with bully & failed.
~ Somehow, 'skaarz, scars', come to mind regarding assailant.

also, another theory I think that could have possibly happened is- there was a child serial killer that was active in Tulsa. in fact, this dude had been killing kids since he was 13. Wayne Henry Garrison was his name- he killed and dismembered a 13 year old boy in 1989 and in the early 1970s, when he was a teenager he killed a 3 year old boy and his 4 year old cousin. All this happened in Tulsa- he dumped the 13 year old in bixhoma lake and they were not able to link him to his murder until 1999. there is no telling how many other boys he killed in that time span, and even though he fled to north carolina, he could have still had ties to his other family in Tulsa and came through to visit periodically... also look up george kent wallace... he was a serial killer that tore through eastern oklahoma in the early 1990s and he targeted teenaged boys pretending to be an undercover police officer... i think per his family's request, they have asked everyone involved in his case to keep the details on the down low because they dont want everyone knowing too many details in the case incase it interferes with any investigation... but either way, something happened, and i have a hard time believing that cause of death was undetermined- it doesnt make sense how a homicidal death can rule out undetermined... so for whatever reason, a lot of deetz are being intentionally covered up and i think it might largely have to do with whack jobs making false confessions, etc...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back