GUILTY OK - Maggie Trammel, 10 days old, dies in washing machine, Bartlesville, 4 Nov 2010

SO painful. I live in Tulsa now & I cannot read the details of this story. My great gift for empathy made me a great (okay...pretty good) actress but an emotional wreck.

I have never seen a newborn looking tense like that, I bet dear little thing was addicted too, don't they test mums when drugs are expected? Why was that baby allowed home with her?

At least little Maggie May is in a better place now, it's a crying shame that she wasn't allowed to have a life

I know, that picture was cute, but off. I looked back at it again...you're right, that newborn looks tense. It breaks my heart. :(

Mother of dead baby haunted by dream (Tulsa World)

BARTLESVILLE - Lyndsey Fiddler said she has been "waking up every day to the same bad dream" since Nov. 4, when her 10-day-old daughter was found dead in a washing machine.

In a presentencing investigation report filed in her case, Fiddler insists that she did not kill her daughter, Maggie May Trammel.

"It sucks being me," Fiddler states in the report. "Everybody has made it out like I'm a monster. I want the truth to come out, but I know it never will."
---
Despite testing positive for numerous drugs, Fiddler said she knows everything that happened on the day and night of her daughter's death and remembers putting the baby to sleep in a bassinet before lying down to take a nap.

Fiddler said that when she awoke, her other children were screaming and her aunt Rhonda Coshatt was pulling the baby out of the washing machine.
---
In a previous court document, Fiddler states that Coshatt "was high on morphine and I was high on methamphetamine. I do not know which of us put her (the baby) in the machine, but I do not think either of us did it on purpose."
---
more at link above

Momtective, there are a lot of good people here...but the influx of drugs coming in from Mexico is devastating ...we are fighting, but it is crazy. I even have a concealed weapon permit and extensive training. Just nothing can prepare you for this.

Not to mention drugs being manufactured in back yards, woods, and homes. Such a travesty!

It's really odd that the aunt thought she smelled meth cooking and didn't do anything. I wouldn't even know what meth smelled like..apparently the aunt did though. hmmmm

We know what it smells like in rural southern IL. Anhydrous ammonia is used in the Spring to replenish the soil prior to planting. This is also the prime time for meth manufacturers to steal this main ingredient. It has a very distinct smell & we were always told as kids to hold our breath & roll up the windows when driving by a field where it's being spread/sprayed.

The State of IL passed a law to include pink dye in farm-grade anhydrous ammonia so those who make meth from it will turn pink . . . it literally turns their skin pink. Why on Earth would anyone do this to themselves? Man, just look at the Faces of Meth pics!

I have never been around meth that I know of but it is an epidemic in my small hometown (don't visit there anymore though). Just driving through "town" & seeing the homes in ruins & the fricking SMELL & looking at everyone's sunken cheeks & rotting teeth & sparse hair . . . too much for our small Drug Task Force to handle. It's destroying families, communities, and lives!

"It sucks being me," Fiddler states in the report. "Everybody has made it out like I'm a monster. I want the truth to come out, but I know it never will."

"I know I'm not the one who put my baby in that washing machine, but I can't prove that I did or didn't," Fiddler states in the report. "I know in my heart I did not kill my baby."

Duh - a drug induced YOU did it! :banghead:

In a previous court document, Fiddler states that Coshatt "was high on morphine and I was high on methamphetamine. I do not know which of us put her (the baby) in the machine, but I do not think either of us did it on purpose."

Coshatt = aunt, then grandmother, then great aunt according to news reports (does she have Fiddler's boys? she is "missing")

Oh - a drug induced SOMEONE did it! :banghead: wow - now I am not so sure. Morphine & meth & taking care of kids - just plain wow!

Published: 8/24/2011

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110824_12_A1_CUTLIN760988

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110824_12_A1_CUTLIN760988

A woman whose 10-day-old baby was found dead in a washing machine in November pleaded guilty Tuesday to reduced charges of second-degree manslaughter and child neglect.

Lyndsey Dawn Fiddler, 27, who was charged with first-degree murder and felony child neglect, entered the plea in Washington County District Court. The Washington County District Attorney's Office amended her charge from first-degree murder.

Formal sentencing in the case is set for Oct. 5.

will be waiting on it . . .

B'ville woman gets 15-year prison term in 10-day-old baby's death

BARTLESVILLE – A 27-year-old Bartlesville woman was sentenced to prison Wednesday in the death of her 10-day-old daughter whose body was found in a washing machine.

Washington County District Judge Curtis DeLapp, following the District Attorney’s Office recommendation, sentenced Lyndsey Dawn Fiddler to 30 years in prison with 15 years to serve on a child neglect charge and to four years in prison on a second degree manslaughter charge.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20111005_12_0_BARTLE281278

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-going-entire-spin-cycle-washing-machine.html

A ten-day-old baby girl died after being placed in a washing machine as it went through an entire spin cycle.

The newborn's mother Lyndsey Fiddler put her daughter into the washing machine along with a pile of laundry.

The tiny baby was inside the top loading washing machine for up to 40 minutes before being discovered.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spin-cycle-washing-machine.html#ixzz1iRq9Fovv

more at link

I have no words. :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-going-entire-spin-cycle-washing-machine.html

A ten-day-old baby girl died after being placed in a washing machine as it went through an entire spin cycle.

The newborn's mother Lyndsey Fiddler put her daughter into the washing machine along with a pile of laundry.

The tiny baby was inside the top loading washing machine for up to 40 minutes before being discovered.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spin-cycle-washing-machine.html#ixzz1iRq9Fovv

more at link

I have no words. :(

Good Lord, I thought I was losing my mind. I knew I had read this before.

This is from November, 2010. That poor baby, but thank goodness there wasn't another one!

Good Lord, I thought I was losing my mind. I knew I had read this before.

This is from November, 2010. That poor baby, but thank goodness there wasn't another one!

Oh shoot! I didn't notice. A few people had shared this recently on FB.

Sorry, mods can delete if you wish. Probably discussed back then.

:innocent:

I can't even bring myself to read this article after just seeing the title. There are a few threads like this here on Websleuths and they make me want to cry.

Thanks for the bump! Glad to see she is in prison.

I saw this on Facebook this morning. This is just sick! and she only gets 15 years for this?

Def. not enough time in my opinion! We need stronger laws against woman who abuse drugs...Maybe more supervision? I dont know. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back