Found Deceased OK - Makayla Meave-Byers, 30, Macomb, 15 Sept 2023

Frank Byers, the husband of Makayla, recounts the last day he saw her. Frank says he saw her leaving to go on a date with a guy he does not know anything about.

Yes, they were married, but they were in an open relationship Frank tells us.

He says she told him right before she left that it is none of his business where she goes or who she sees. "I just know she was on Facebook dating and some other apps for dating."

Frank tells us the last time he heard from her was around 8 pm the day of her disappearance. He says she was supposed to have gone to work at her parent's restaurant the following day, but she never showed up.

While searching for her, he had to break down the door to her home so law enforcement could get inside because he did not have a key.

Frank says he loved his wife deeply, and it saddens him that she is not here anymore.

Frank says, "With everything going on and the public's opinion. It's hard, really hard.

Last edited:
OCT 3, 2023
[...]

A search warrant showed 30-year-old Makayla Meave-Byers sustained two gunshot wounds to the head. After four days of searching for the missing mother and teacher, her body was found less than 2,000 feet away from her home in rural Macomb.

She had been wrapped in carpet and hidden in a culvert. In the latest findings, investigators said they found a bloody pair of work boots and two phones in Makayla's husband's dresser drawer.

[...]

Records showed the two phones were used to make calls from Makayla's phone number, along with changing her Facebook password on Sept. 15, the day her husband said she went on a date and never came back.

[...]

OCT 3, 2023
[...]

... Investigators said they’re now scrutinizing a mountain of evidence.

“We pushed out as many as 20 search warrants as we stand right now,” said Captain Marcus May with the Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office.

[...]

“We have several more pending and being drafted. We're working day in and day out,” said May.

Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Captain Marcus May said the majority of their warrants encompass examining cell phone and social media data.

[...]

Also see: Search for Macomb mother's killer continues: Deputies provide new details in Makayla Meave Byers' murder case

OCT 3, 2023
[...]

<snip>

She had been wrapped in carpet and hidden in a culvert. In the latest findings, investigators said they found a bloody pair of work boots and two phones in Makayla's husband's dresser drawer.

[...]

Records showed the two phones were used to make calls from Makayla's phone number, along with changing her Facebook password on Sept. 15, the day her husband said she went on a date and never came back.

[...]

From the same article (none of this is going to help public opinion about him, which he claims he's unfairly being looked down upon by...)

Makayla's husband told investigators the two were in an open relationship. In previous reports by KOCO5, investigators also discovered .22 caliber shell casings, bloody sheets and broken glass in Makayla's home.

Authorities also found a .22 rifle in her husband's room
. The Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Office said they don't have a suspect at this time.

Um ... staying within WS TOS ... victim friendly policy ... and waiting impatiently for the announcement of an arrest ... for the brutal murder of this lovely mom of six. Prayers for all who loved her and may justice be swift and severe. Moo

I am not afraid to say that this is likely the same situation as we usually read here. Wife leaving husband is the most dangerous time. Her family says she wanted a divorce. She lived in a different house than him. Blood on his shoes. Shell casings. Gum at his house

Around 1 a.m. on Wednesday, the sheriff's office said they worked with El Reno police and several other agencies to arrest Frank Byers, Makayla's husband.

The Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Office took Frank into custody for first-degree murder, unauthorized removal of a dead body and desecration of a human corpse

1698265362054.jpeg
Three weeks ago, Frank told us his side of the story, claiming she had left with an unknown man as the two were supposed to have been in an open marriage, which Makayla's sister Andria Meave said was false

Frank Byers, the husband of Makayla, recounts the last day he saw her. Frank says he saw her leaving to go on a date with a guy he does not know anything about.

Yes, they were married, but they were in an open relationship Frank tells us.

He says she told him right before she left that it is none of his business where she goes or who she sees. "I just know she was on Facebook dating and some other apps for dating."

Frank tells us the last time he heard from her was around 8 pm the day of her disappearance. He says she was supposed to have gone to work at her parent's restaurant the following day, but she never showed up.

While searching for her, he had to break down the door to her home so law enforcement could get inside because he did not have a key.

Frank says he loved his wife deeply, and it saddens him that she is not here anymore.

Frank says, "With everything going on and the public's opinion. It's hard, really hard.
What a liar and a creep. He makes me sick. Killing her wasn't enough. He had to also tarnish her reputation.

“It’s a little bit of a sigh of relief,” said Barbara Harper, Makayla’s mother. “To us, it feels like it’s been 10 years even though it’s just been a few weeks.”

Makayla Fay Maeve. Image courtesy family.
“We got some results back on some evidence we had been waiting for,” said Travis Dinwiddie, Pottawatomie County’s Undersheriff. “We executed the search warrant on the house. Frank Byers was inside, and he was taken into custody for a probable cause affidavit for first degree murder.”

Mugshot of Frank Byers
Court records reveal Byers’ work boots “had a blood like substance on them” that investigators now say came back as a positive DNA match to Makayla.

According to court records, detectives also found a Walmart receipt for a mop, ammonia and bleach on Byers’ property the day Makayla was reported missing.

After reading through text messages, court records show investigators believe Byers committed the crime so he could “establish a relationship” with another woman.

If convicted, she hopes Byers gets the harshest punishment possible to get justice for her daughter.

“The death penalty,” said Harper. “I can forgive him through Christ, but I am still flesh and I want the death penalty for him and anyone else that helped him.”

Byers hasn’t been officially charged yet but faces counts for first-degree murder, unauthorized removal of dead body, and desecration of a human corpse.
*I was just fixing to say, Oklahoma has the death penalty. And we use it…

“It’s a little bit of a sigh of relief,” said Barbara Harper, Makayla’s mother. “To us, it feels like it’s been 10 years even though it’s just been a few weeks.”

Makayla Fay Maeve. Image courtesy family.
“We got some results back on some evidence we had been waiting for,” said Travis Dinwiddie, Pottawatomie County’s Undersheriff. “We executed the search warrant on the house. Frank Byers was inside, and he was taken into custody for a probable cause affidavit for first degree murder.”

Mugshot of Frank Byers
Court records reveal Byers’ work boots “had a blood like substance on them” that investigators now say came back as a positive DNA match to Makayla.

According to court records, detectives also found a Walmart receipt for a mop, ammonia and bleach on Byers’ property the day Makayla was reported missing.

After reading through text messages, court records show investigators believe Byers committed the crime so he could “establish a relationship” with another woman.

If convicted, she hopes Byers gets the harshest punishment possible to get justice for her daughter.

“The death penalty,” said Harper. “I can forgive him through Christ, but I am still flesh and I want the death penalty for him and anyone else that helped him.”

Byers hasn’t been officially charged yet but faces counts for first-degree murder, unauthorized removal of dead body, and desecration of a human corpse.
*I was just fixing to say, Oklahoma has the death penalty. And we use it…
Just like I suspected, HE was the one wanting another relationship. Some cases really punch us in the gut. Teresa Sievers was one of those cases for me, and this woman has also become another case where I feel so sad about the betrayal.

NOV 8, 2023
On Wednesday, Frank Byers, the man accused of killing his wife Makayla Meave Byers, stood before a judge.

Frank was charged with first-degree murder and is being held in the Pottawatomie County jail.

His bond was denied.

The next court appearance for Frank is set for January 2 at 1:30 pm.

[...]

STATE OF OKLAHOMA V. FRANK ALAN COLE BYERS
No. CF-2023-00464
MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE

11-08-2023 TEXTFILE COURT MINUTE-SET FOR 1-2-24 @ 1:30 PM; NO BOND
Document Available (#CC23110800000069) TIFF PDF
11-09-2023 TEXTFILE APPLICATION AND ORDER FOR COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY
Document Available (#CC23111500000639) TIFF PDF
$ 40.00​
01-04-2024 TEXTFILE COURT MINUTE- SET 01-12-24 @10:30

Friday, January 12, 2024 at 10:30AM
FURTHER DISPOSITIONAL HEARING

APR 5, 2024
  • The Pottawatomie County district attorney is seeking the death penalty.
  • Makayla's body was found in late September inside a culvert near Hamilton and Prospect roads between Etowah and Macomb.
  • Investigators said her body had been wrapped in a carpet and stashed inside a drain under the road.
  • Investigators believe Frank Byers shot Makayla twice in the head because he wanted to begin a relationship with another woman.
  • Authorities said blood and shell casings were found in her home.
  • Frank Byers was visibly shaken by the turn of events as he walked into the courthouse.
  • "I did not do this. I did not do this," Byers said during a court hearing on Friday.
  • Byers' defense team, who received over 700 pages of discovery this week, believes that new evidence may have swayed the DA's decision.
  • Byers will now have to get a new defense team that is qualified to handle death row cases.

STATE OF OKLAHOMA V. FRANK ALAN COLE BYERS
No. CF-2023-00464
MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE

05/07/2024
FILE COURT MINUTE- MATTER COMES ON FOR STATUS CONF; NO BILL HAS BEEN FILED; DISCOVERY IS ONGOING; AT REQUEST OF D COUNSEL, MATTER IS CONT 07-25-24 @10:30 FOR FURTER STATUS CONFERENCE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back