Found Deceased OK - Makayla Meave-Byers, 30, Macomb, 15 Sept 2023

Um ... I don't know how a mother with a full time job and six littles has time to date?? I am not convinced on the 'open relationship' ... hoping for an arrest real quick followed by justice for this beautiful young woman. Holding space for all who loved her. RIP Makayla MOO

Meave-Byers, according to the school staff was a dedicated teacher and parent and was loved by many throughout the district.
ma-1.png

“Our hearts are heavy as we grieve this tragic loss of a beloved Macomb Public Schools educator and parent. Makayla cared deeply for our students and families and will be greatly missed,” the school’s post on Facebook stated.

Inside Makayla's home, deputies said they found two .22 caliber bullet casings, broken glass," blood spots on the floor" and "blood on the sheets of the bed."

Many other interesting details found in this report.

Inside Makayla's home, deputies said they found two .22 caliber bullet casings, broken glass," blood spots on the floor" and "blood on the sheets of the bed."

Many other interesting details found in this report.

um ... sounds like it wasn't a date after all ... and that an arrest is forthcoming, fingers crossed. Godspeed Makayla. MOO

I hate to jump to the conclusions but it's feeling spouse-ish to me. Especially after reading that "nosebleed" explanation for blood on her floor and bed. MOO
I agree, don't want to jump to conclusions, but there appears to be considerable evidence left in her home, according to the links above, IMHO. We will see what happens.

news9.com/story

PUBLIC OPINION WEIGHING ON BYERS' CASE AS INVESTIGATION CONTINUES​

A search warrant also revealed the couple lived in separate homes on the same rural property. Inside Makayla's home, deputies said they found two .22-caliber bullet casings, broken glass, "blood spots on the floor," and "blood on the sheets of the bed."

So ... the couple living in separate homes on the same property is curious ... with six kids between them ... but it does lend 'some' (and only some) credibiity to the 'open' relationship statement. If Makayla had a date, there should be some information on her phone but I understand it takes time for LE to acquire that information. I suspect we'll know more soon ... at least I hope so. MOO

This case just came across my radar. How old are her kids? did they live with her? was the rugged she wrapped in from her home?

What i’ve read in this thread has me going to spouse or significant other are typically the 1st suspects. IMO

SEP 27, 2023
[...]

On Sept. 16, her husband said she never came home after going on a date the night before with a man she met on Facebook. According to court documents, he told deputies the two had an open relationship.

Deputies then traced her phone's last known ping to her home in Macomb that very day, just after 6 p.m.

[...]

... When investigators went inside her home, they found blood on the floor and bed sheets, along with broken glass and shell casings of a .22 caliber.

Her husband then told investigators she owned a .22 caliber but that it was inside the home. Deputies found the firearm near the husband's nightstand.

[...]

SEP 28, 2023
[...]

“It's been real hard, I’m not going to lie,” said BV, Makayla’s Meave-Byers’s adopted son. “Hard to get out of bed, hard to really do anything.”

[...[

BV and his sister lived with several foster families until two years ago, when he says they finally felt like they found a home with Meave-Byers and her four stepdaughters.

[...]

Now he is speaking out to advocate for her, as the Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office investigates her suspicious death. “The information we were given is that she had left to go on a date and never returned home,” said Undersheriff Travis Dinwiddie with the Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office.

[...]

“Absolutely not, I don't believe that happened,” BV said. “I knew she was getting on Facebook dating because I knew that somebody had told me that Frank was very upset about it,” he said.

Court documents show Meave-Byers’s father told Investigators that his daughter recently asked for a divorce. ...

[...]

A celebration of life for Makayla Meave-Byers is scheduled for Saturday, September 30, at Landmark Church in Purcell.

The carpet and culvert just makes this seem premeditated to me and increases the likelihood of it being someone she knows imho. IF it was a date with someone other than husband, it’d been an ongoing relationship. But the amount of suspicious evidence inside the house has me believing otherwise.

SEP 29, 2023
A 911 call provides new details in the murder of a Macomb mother of six.

30-year-old Makayla Meave Byers was found rolled in carpet in a drainage ditch September 20th.

"I was searching with my friend for my cousin that’s missing, Makayla Meave," Makayla's cousin told 911 dispatchers. "I think we just found her."

"We were walking down all of the canals close to the water and we smelled something," the cousin said. "My friend got down there and found her. She’s inside there 100%."

[...]

SEP 29, 2023
A 911 call provides new details in the murder of a Macomb mother of six.

30-year-old Makayla Meave Byers was found rolled in carpet in a drainage ditch September 20th.

"I was searching with my friend for my cousin that’s missing, Makayla Meave," Makayla's cousin told 911 dispatchers. "I think we just found her."

"We were walking down all of the canals close to the water and we smelled something," the cousin said. "My friend got down there and found her. She’s inside there 100%."

[...]
Well this makes it sound like the investigators believe she did leave with another man other than her husband and have a vehicle description. Hard to say if that’s really the case or unclear reporting but it does change the dynamic away from it being the husband who committed the act…

Well this makes it sound like the investigators believe she did leave with another man other than her husband and have a vehicle description. Hard to say if that’s really the case or unclear reporting but it does change the dynamic away from it being the husband who committed the act…
so then what? they go back to her house and the date hurts her there and then moves her again. It doesn’t explain the scene at her home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back