GUILTY OK - Matthew Eckles & 2 others for brutal rape of 3yo, Oklahoma City, 2011

Ms I hope you're wrong about her possibly getting her children back. It just seems odd that they won't LE who did this. It cast suspension on them IMO. I haven't read that they found DNA on the poor baby, so for the whole selling him for drugs sounds like a cover up. It also sounds like OK needs to jump on the bandwagon with child abuse cases. In my state we have been pretty tough on perps. I sat on a jury a few years back. The perp molested his adopted daughter from the time she was 6-15. His own daughters turned him in. There was DNA evidence. I had to sit and listen to that poor girl give accounts of what happened. It was the hardest thing I ever had to set through. We gave the monster two life sentences for sexual abuse with out the possibility of perole. I wish other states would finger out that these sick freaks can't be rebilitated and need to be locked away for life.
I hate cases like this and had convinced myself that they were rare. However, since joining WS I realize just how often they do happen. It sickens me. There needs to be reform for more severe pinishments for crimes involving children. This is just like the Breana Lopez case where our laws protect the perps more than then innocent. Breana also did not receive the justice she should have. All three of those monsters should have received a needle in their arm for what they did to her. It all just sickens me!

My guess is that there wasn't DNA...

Making the child drink bleach will likely take care of that. :sick:

The two women are still set for preliminary hearings on the 21st. There have not been plea hearing conferences set for them.

Rape, sodomy, hanging by a dog collar, forced to drink bleach... yep... they get charged with child endangerment for that.

And then they dismiss that charge as well.
There is not a SINGLE abuse related charge that this man pled to. Not ONE.
They couldn't even keep the possession of a dangerous substance in the presence of a child? Not even THAT?

It's Oklahoma... why am I even upset? :banghead:

Pled guilty to:

Count 3: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE WITH INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE//METH//SCHD II (DU8II)

Count 4: POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA (DR3)

Count 5: POSSESSION OF PROCEEDS DERIVED FROM A VIOLATION OF THE UNIFORM CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE ACT (DMLWT)

02-15-2012 CONVICTED ECKLES, MATTHEW CLAY

Feb 15 2012 11:29:39:627AM - $ 0.00

JUDGE L. JONES COMES ON FOR PLEA AND SENTENCING.
DEFT APPEARS IN PERSON, IN CUSTODY, WITH COUNSLE HUGHES.
STATE PERSENT BY ADA HARRELSON.

DEFT ENTERS A NEGOTIATED PLEA OF GUILTY AND SENTENCED TO (15) YRS TO DO DOC WITH CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED ON COUNTS 3 AND 5, AND (1) YR TO SERVE OCJ WITH CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED ON COUNT 4.

COUNTS 6 AND 7 HAVE BEEN DISMISSED PER PLEA.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/os...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2756926&db=Oklahoma

Dismissed.
The counts have been dismissed.
This child's suffering, disregarded.
Please... let SOMEBODY pay for what D went through. Please. :please:

This is justice at its worst! This child and the sister will live with this the rest of their lives. It makes me sick!

This is justice at its worst! This child and the sister will live with this the rest of their lives. It makes me sick!

Me too. It makes me sick to my core! They probably go with the drug charges because those will stick and have stiffer penalties. . .and what the hell does that say about us as a society!

Just think if they took all that money we spend on the war on drugs and instead used it for a war on child abuse!!!!!! I could give a rats *advertiser censored* if somebody wants to smoke a joint after work, but sell your kid off to be raped and tortured!? :furious:

Something has to change!

I feel the same way. In fact, I did take a break because I couldn't stomach it anymore. Then I started feeling bad because I knew kids were still suffering whether I knew about it or not. The childen had to endure these horrors. The least I can do is hear their story and tell others. An extra prayer doesn't hurt either.

This is an aside, but in my youth I used to feel the same way. I read innumerable stories about Nazi horrors, and the Vietnam Prisoner of War horrors as the soldiers returned home, believing that although I couldn't help them I could at least listen to and process their stories. Then later I was working with the humane society about a campaign to raise funds, and one of the members said we shouldn't use pictures of terribly abused animals because it really hurts people like us, and makes us cry, and it doesn't affect the people who actually perpetuate the abuse.

This is a long way of saying don't feel like you have to keep subjecting yourself to horrors that you can't help with. If it's too painful for you, don't do it. You're not the problem, and it doesn't help the victim that you suffer for them in some far away place. Sometimes it can get to be too much, and you're not obligated to read what some monster has done if it's hurting you.

They should ALL be doing Life in Prison without parole. They are worthless, soulless wastes of space. I cannot believe that these 's are being given mercy by the courts. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

As usual, I'm enraged, disgusted and confused. How and why would this baby's skull be torn off? Was this some sort of Silence of the Lambs torture scenero? They hung him by a dog collar? If they poured bleach down his throat to cover dna then you have to assume they poured it into his little torn rectum as well. I can't even imagine the pain and horror this baby boy has endured. Is there a chance in hell he can grow up to be a functioning adult even IF he is able to recover from his physical injuries? They all might as well be charged with murder, if you ask me. I can't see how his soul could have survived this. Child neglect. What a slap in the face to the victim.

Good news first:

CHAPMAN RAGLAND, JENIFER JUNE

DEFT WAIVES PRELIM HEARING AND FURTHER TIME TO PLEA AND IS HEREBY BOUND OVER FOR PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE

Her charges are listed upthread on 1-21-12, post #37.

If you were enraged before, better brace yourself...

First, a reminder of what we are talking about here.

Police reports and a probable cause affidavit revealed the 3 year old boy suffered:
a head injury,
lye burns to the throat face and eyes
sexual abuse (rape)
bleach poisoning

and at one point was hung from the ceiling with a dog collar.

Police said Lauck waited nearly a day after the abuse before bringing her child to the hospital.

Ragland is accused of allowing two men to rape the boy in exchange for meth.

http://www.newson6.com/story/15009747/mother-of-tortured-boy-not-helping-police-say

To say the men savagely raped him is an understatement. The boy ended up with a torn rectum.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/06/leana_lauck_jennifer_ragland_s.php

Now, today's plea.

IN THE DISTRICT COURT IN AND FOR OKLAHOMA COUNTY, OKLAHOMA

LAUCK, LEANA LEE ("mother")

Disposed: CONVICTION
02/21/2012. Guilty Plea.

Count as Disposed:CHILD NEGLECT

DEFT ENTERS A NEGOTIATED PLEA OF GUILTY
SENTENCED TO (15) YRS
SUSPENDED EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST (10) YRS
TO DO DOC WITH CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED.

DEFT TO PAY:
$50 FINE
$45 VCA (Victim's compensation) :sick:
$200 CAA FEE (public defender)
$150 DNA FEE

http://www.oscn.net/applications/os...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2756926&db=Oklahoma

Okay... nevermind on the other one.

CHAPMAN RAGLAND, JENIFER JUNE

DEFT ENTERED A GUILTY PLEA AS FOLLOWS:

CT. 1, 3-6 (20) YRS. TTD:
CT. 7(DISMISSED):
ALL TO RUN C/C WITH EACH OTHER AND CF-09-6312:
CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors