OK OK - Norman, Wht/NativeFem 30-50, 755UFOK, edentulous since birth, healed fractures, Apr'81

I think that the reconstruction is of a woman who has a genetic condition ( not just the developing teeth part).... for the life of me I can not think of the name. It effects both men and women I believe but the chins are very large and long and the ears are long but slope as well so look more in keeping with the face. I believe that it is possible that those born with this syndrome can have lower intelligence. 30 years ago hospitals that house intellectual impairment people started moving many to places in the community. I wonder if she got caught up with the wrong crowd? I have one question how easy would it be to claim social security check for this woman for several years or a decade after she was dead?

I think that the reconstruction is of a woman who has a genetic condition ( not just the developing teeth part).... for the life of me I can not think of the name. It effects both men and women I believe but the chins are very large and long and the ears are long but slope as well so look more in keeping with the face. I believe that it is possible that those born with this syndrome can have lower intelligence. 30 years ago hospitals that house intellectual impairment people started moving many to places in the community. I wonder if she got caught up with the wrong crowd? I have one question how easy would it be to claim social security check for this woman for several years or a decade after she was dead?

Marfan syndrome?

Bettina Antone was never submitted??

Bettina is now on the rule out list-

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Bettina Antone 1936 California
Shirley Banning 1938 Oklahoma
Donna Barnhill 1967 North Carolina
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Dixie May Forrester 1939 Missouri
Francine Frost 1938 Oklahoma
Delores Raye Griffin 1942 Illinois
Carolyn Holloway 1943 Texas
Carolyn J. Holloway 1943 Texas

The NamUs face looks completely different, I think its mainly the difference in chin size tho
https://identifyus.org/cases/4898

I think that the reconstruction is of a woman who has a genetic condition ( not just the developing teeth part).... for the life of me I can not think of the name. It effects both men and women I believe but the chins are very large and long and the ears are long but slope as well so look more in keeping with the face. I believe that it is possible that those born with this syndrome can have lower intelligence.

Are you thinking of prognatism by any chance?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prognathism

The best known cases are the Hapsburg royal family of Spain up until c1700 when the line died out due to severe mental retardation due to inbreeding coming to its natural conclusion.

Strong nasal deviation. Fractures noted around left orbital ridge, ribs show healed fractures on right side.

These sound like the sort of injuries one would associate with domestic violence,or perhaps a traffic accident, especially considering the blunt force trauma sustained around the time of her death.

Previous pregnancies.

I wonder if the edentulousness from birth is a hereditary condition and whether it might have been passed on to her children. If so, it might be one of the strongest methods for identifying her. There may be one or two children out there wondering what happened to mum. If she was at the upper end of the estimated age range, ie around 45, those children may well have been adults and already have moved away from home.

Bettina is now on the rule out list-

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Carolyn J. Holloway 1943 Texas

The NamUs face looks completely different, I think its mainly the difference in chin size tho
https://identifyus.org/cases/4898

Dona Bayerl 1940 Wisconsin has been added to the ruleouts.

I think this would be an interesting DDP case. While it seems she may not be reported missing in modern systems, she would perhaps be the kind of relative that someone on a family tree would remember and be able to pin an identity to ("ah yes, I heard rumours about a 3rd cousin who never grew any teeth....").
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

2015 recons once more.

No new exclusions. This is the list: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Dona Bayerl 1940 Wisconsin

No new exclusions. This is the list: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Dona Bayerl 1940 Wisconsin

MP52034 Mary Vangilder 03/07/1945 Richland OH has been added to the exclusions.

Are you thinking of prognatism by any chance?

Prognathism - Wikipedia

The best known cases are the Hapsburg royal family of Spain up until c1700 when the line died out due to severe mental retardation due to inbreeding coming to its natural conclusion.

Her chin actually does look similar to a Hapsburg chin/jaw.

I've read that it's not that uncommon. Jay Leno has the condition.

Screenshot 2021-03-07 211103.jpg

The remains of a mixed race female were found on April 16th , 1981 in Norman. The body was found on the old dairy farm of Griffin Memorial Hospital. The woman was likely between 5 foot 4 inches tall and 5 foot 7 inches tall and between the ages of 30 and 50. Authorities believe the woman might have been killed between the years 1976 to 1979.
NamUs #UP4898

mostly just some broken / missing links.

This case appears to not have had much attention when it happened in 1981. A kid out hunting for snakes found her skeletal remains.
http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=12816551

She looks familiar, somehow...possibly I've seen her in missing persons reports? She appears to have an unusual facial shape--a very long jaw for a woman.

"404 Not Found"​

This is the only profile I've found that sticks out to me:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/antone_bettina.html
(sbm)
Here's a woman who looks the part.

Bettina Minnie Antone:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/antone_bettina.html
antone_bettina.jpg
(sbm)

"Oops! That page can’t be found."

The rare condition adontia, in which a person never develops teeth:

Anodontia - Wikipedia

Interestingly, Wikipedia states anodontia seldom occurs alone; it's associated with skin and nerve syndromes called ectodermal dysplasias. Unless it's just the photo, Bettina Antone does appear to have a lot of facial scarring.
(sbm)
as a follow up to the prior post, this discussion at Wikipedia of Ectodermal Dysplasia does say that it is extremely rare with only about 7,000 cases in the world, although I have to question that number as there are several foundations out there dedicated to the syndrome(s). those who suffer from the condition can have pronounced chins. Also the condition is most common among Caucasians

Ectodermal dysplasia - Wikipedia
(sbm)
Wikipedia, Ectodermal Dysplasias: "longer or more pronounced chins are frequent".

(sbm)
"Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I saw Marian Elizabeth Brown on the Doe Network and think she's a possibility for this Jane Doe. Marian disappeared from Greenwood, Delaware in 1971. At 160lbs she was heavier than this Jane Doe is believed to have been but if Marian had been travelling as the police speculated she may have lost weight. Her features line up pretty closely with the brunette reconstruction but not so much with the blonde one. Does anyone else see a resemblance or am I way off?

I saw Marian Elizabeth Brown on the Doe Network and think she's a possibility for this Jane Doe. Marian disappeared from Greenwood, Delaware in 1971. At 160lbs she was heavier than this Jane Doe is believed to have been but if Marian had been travelling as the police speculated she may have lost weight. Her features line up pretty closely with the brunette reconstruction but not so much with the blonde one. Does anyone else see a resemblance or am I way off?
The photo of Marian is in such poor quality it’s difficult,

How accessible was this diary farm? Would someone without hospital credentials been able to get in there back then?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back