OK - Obstetrician Arrested On Molestation Accusations

During medical residency in Missouri four female patients filed complaints of sexual misconduct. This led to the Missouri Medical Board asking him to leave his residency.

Records show Smith spent 16 months in treatment at a psychiatric center...

He was then granted a restricted license in Iowa for his residency.

In 2003 the Oklahoma Medical Board required Smith get a mental evaluation, where he was cleared for a residency license.

In 2006 he was granted a full medical license to practice with no restrictions in the state of Oklahoma.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=1a2545c2-bf7c-434e-9c11-e58c3fbd99c1 (Bolded by me)

How DARE the medical community cover up his past and allow him to practice as an Obstetrician in this state!! OMG! Not only did they not take precautions for the child in this case, they also put all those women in harm's way because they allowed it to be shuffled under the rug!! It makes me wonder if any of us really know our Doctors here!

It burns me even more his wife is taking up for him against her children!!! I am STILL just stunned by that. Her sweet little girl is going to read this someday and see those words out of her mother's mouth then know the money was more important to her than her own baby girl. It is heartbreaking!! What in the hell is this woman thinking?!?! These are her CHILDREN telling them that step-father with a known record for sexual deviation are being abused by him!! She needs to WISE UP and forget the money!

Don't confuse the medical community at large with the bureaucrats who run state medical boards. There are times when MDs and RNs rightfully think doctors need retraining,discpline, or termination, and the system punishes the accusers as much or more than the accused. Most states don't even have comprehensive credentialing systemsto track across state lines.
You're right: Why should someone on a restricted license in one state get a full license in another without a probation period?? Or someone who has spent months in a psych hospital??

Ultimately it is the lawmakers and professional boards who have to make better credentialing happen; if we do it from the trenches, it gets us a lawsuit and a retributory investigation.

BTW, though I detest pedos with the best of you, aren't we all jumping on this guy without giving him the benefit of defending himself?? What if he was found out to have this shady past and is set up by someone with something to gain from the doc's downfall? It's still the little girl who is the pivotal source of the info here; just like any other case, there needs to be at least corroboration of her story by other present evidence, preferably forensic.

C6

I suggest everybody check the state boards for their doctor's medical history. I did this awhile back and discovered one of my docs was on probation with a restricted license for cocaine addiction.

Good idea. It's quick and easy.
I'm also surprised about how much doesn't make it onto the board sites.

C6

Child abuse investigators interviewed a little girl Monday afternoon who says her stepfather, who is also a Tulsa doctor, repeatedly abused her. The News On 6 has also learned there is record of medical misconduct from Dr. Kirk Smith's past, but the girl's mother says her husband would never molest their kids.~snip~

The News On 6 spoke to Dr Smith's wife at her home Monday afternoon. She would not go on-camera, but she says the allegations against her husband are lies. She says that her 6-year-old daughter's initial statements have been manipulated by the friend and by police and that the truth will soon come that her husband is innocent.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8748658 (Bolded by me)

I would have to say this sounds to me like she is taking up for him.

Thank you, SS; I didn't see this in the first link. Hard to believe, isn't it? I cannot imagine at all. I'd be in the pen for murdering the man if I were her; no doubt in my mind at all.:furious:

Children Removed From Doctor's Home

All three of the children living in Dr. Kirk Smith's home are now in DHS custody. The agency picked up the oldest boy and a baby on Wednesday. The News On 6's Ashli Sims reports Bixby Police say DHS believed the children were still at risk. So, they stepped in and took all three out of the home.

~snip~

He was in jail for less than two hours, before he got out on $200,000 bond.

DHS took the six-year-old girl into custody on Tuesday. And on Wednesday, they went back for two other children, his 10-year-old step-son and baby.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=8762553&nav=menu682_12_3

Whether he is found guilty or not, this seems to be a guy with serious judgment issues. Here are some quotes from the Comments section:

“He's one of those guys that thinks that off-color jokes are funny for any audience - he doesn't get the concept of sexual harrassment… Knowing him, I guarantee that he fully expects to come out of this experience unscathed. He just doesn't get it.”

“This doctor delivered my family member's baby a few weeks ago. He said some very disturbing things to her, weird comments during the examination.”

“On my six week check up he told me my skinny **** looked **** fine for having a baby, when I walked in the office. I switched doctors after that.”

“He kept commenting on how good I looked for just having a baby and how breast feeding was doing wonders for my body, he said "’Your breasts tell it all’"

“I have heard him make inappropriate comments to patients 5 mins after they have had a baby (dont worry, your **** still looks hot).”

“One night while working in the ER he called another dept. and asked the girls working there if they were ready to give him his goodnight bl** J*b!!”

Doctor Heads To Court

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 06:34 AM CDT

A Tulsa doctor is expected in court Friday.

Smith's wife says he didn't do it.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=8772115&nav=menu682_2

She is still "standing by her man". I am glad they finally got the children out of the home until this can be proven one way or the other. It sounds as if good ole' mom wasn't going to provide her children any protection so the state had to step in.

Doctor Heads To Court

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 06:34 AM CDT

A Tulsa doctor is expected in court Friday.

Smith's wife says he didn't do it.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=8772115&nav=menu682_2

She is still "standing by her man". I am glad they finally got the children out of the home until this can be proven one way or the other. It sounds as if good ole' mom wasn't going to provide her children any protection so the state had to step in.

I hate it when mother's choose their men over children.

It continues to get worse in this case! They arrested the mother:

Doctor's Wife Arrested In Sex Abuse Case

~snip~

His wife, Carrie, was arrested on Thursday at one of his court hearings on two counts of trying to prevent a witness from testifying.

Court records say she tried to get her daughter to lie and say the alleged abuse never happened.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=9347703 (Bolded by me)

SICKENING. Between the father's actions and the mother trying to cover up, I'm hoping the children never have to go back to that house.
He isn't going to change as his record shows and she's just as bad for allowing the abuse. Hopefully, the courts prosecute with a heavy hand.

I wonder how those poor boys have been treated. I hope they take those children away for good. God bless them-I hate to see kids treated this way-I'm disgusted. I would just as soon be alone and broke and on welfare than
deal with some creep sod I could have money-totally disgusting.

I had not heard of this case til I read the update this AM, thank you SS for the original post. We just moved to Tulsa, in Oct., our little guy is the same age as the little girl who was abused, and attends school in Bixby..why oh why do our children have to have these things happen to them, why can't we adults protect them. What a brave brother she had...he is a hero and I hope he knows that he is such, where adults i.e. her Mother have failed to protect her here we have the example of an advocate for a little girl/sister, I hope that they the kids are protected in foster care if that is the case and that the children are being kept together.

Unfortunately, as soon as I saw she said her husband was "innocent"...I knew that she saw it as losing her bankroll and lifestyle which was more important than her little girl. This poor 6 year old child will have to grow up with the knowledge her mother chose money over her being abused by this monster. It is so sad and makes me so angry. GRRRR! Now we find out she asked the child to lie about it!! Sounds like the mother deserves that monster as she is no better than he is! I am glad they arrested her.

Yes, her brother is a hero! I applaud him and the other boy...plus the other parent who stepped in to advocate for this child. There is no telling how long this could have gone on inside this household if they all had not done the right thing.

Thank you for the update, SeriouslySearching! It sounds like LE is taking this case (and protecting the little girl) very seriously.

Unfortunately, as soon as I saw she said her husband was "innocent"...I knew that she saw it as losing her bankroll and lifestyle which was more important than her little girl. This poor 6 year old child will have to grow up with the knowledge her mother chose money over her being abused by this monster. It is so sad and makes me so angry. GRRRR! Now we find out she asked the child to lie about it!! Sounds like the mother deserves that monster as she is no better than he is! I am glad they arrested her.

Yes, her brother is a hero! I applaud him and the other boy...plus the other parent who stepped in to advocate for this child. There is no telling how long this could have gone on inside this household if they all had not done the right thing.

Why would she not protect her 6 year-old from the evil father. That makes me wonder...maybe I'm jumping the gun but, could she have known about it all along or participated in some way?
It just too weird that she would ask her to lie.

Why would she not protect her 6 year-old from the evil father. That makes me wonder...maybe I'm jumping the gun but, could she have known about it all along or participated in some way?
It just too weird that she would ask her to lie.

Sad to say, but it's not unusual. Even if the mother knew nothing about it before hand. In my line of work I see it all the time. Mother's chosing men over their children. Mother's believing men over their children. Mother's asking their children to lie about it because they don't want to lose the man in their life.

This guy was acquitted. Not guilty.

Trying to find out what happened to wife.

So in these cases do you keep your license? Do you get your children back. I wonder how these kids are since time moved on?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious
Back