Identified! OK - Oklahoma Co., Fem Skel 314UFOK, 13-17, Jun'00 - Regina Curtis

LAURIA BIBLE

Date Of Birth: April 18, 1983
Height: 65.0 inches
Weight: 130 pounds
Missing: 12/30/1999
Missing Location: Welch, Oklahoma

Distinguishing Characteristics: Native American female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Lauria has a mole under her nose and a scar on the top of her head. Her ears are pierced. She is right-handed. Her nickname is Pooh.

Clothing/Jewelry Description: Possibly a blue shirt, jeans, white tennis shoes or black boots and silver heart-shaped earrings with embedded diamonds

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5849/5/

UID

Estimated age: Adult - Pre 20
Minimum age: 13 years
Maximum age: 17 years
Race: White
Ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino, Native American and/or White
Sex: Female
Weight (pounds):Cannot Estimate
Height (inches): 65, Cannot Estimate
Body condition Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Found: June 23, 2000
Probable year of death: 1999 to 2000
Location Found: Oklahoma City

https://identifyus.org/cases/5192

I don't think the Namus file linked is the right one. The Jane Doe for Namus file# 5192 has a cleft palate listed under the physical/medical section. I looked for another Namus file, but didn't find one for your Jane Doe.

I agree with CarlK, this could be Lauria Bible.

I don't think the Namus file linked is the right one. The Jane Doe for Namus file# 5192 has a cleft palate listed under the physical/medical section. I looked for another Namus file, but didn't find one for your Jane Doe.

I agree with CarlK, this could be Lauria Bible.

Both the Doenetwork and Namus Case files list this UID to be found at the same location - by a man mowing his lawn so they are the same uid. Just different info listed at each place so makes it a bit confusing. I wonder why the discrepancy in the info listed..... I suppose that is human error based on the data being entered by two different people.

Wonder if someone should email NamUs and ask them if it is an error saying that the UID is listed as having a cleft palate? The reconstructions in NamUs and the Doe Network do not show the UID as having one. What do you think?

Someone should definately email NamUs and confirm the info on the cleft pallate. If the sketch doesn't show it and it is accurate I don't know why they wouldn't mention it had been repaired surgically.

After looking at both Namus files again, I noticed that both Lauria and Jane Doe have DNA completed and entered.

Someone in my group brought up the similarities between this unidentified girl and Samatha Cloch from Texas. I started checking around and see that possibility was also brought up here several years ago but there is no concrete confirmation of her being ruled out. NAMUS still does not have her listed on the ruled out. They do now have Lauria Bible listed as ruled out. Has anyone heard anything else on this one?

there is a Namus page for this UID:

https://identifyus.org/cases/5192

they list 5 rule-outs:

Amber Barker 1987 Oklahoma
Christina Lewis 1983 North Carolina
JILL MCMILLIOAN 1982 Oklahoma
Karen Mitchell 1980 California
Veronica Whyte 1984 California

Just to update, three more rule-outs have been added:

Lauria Bible 1983 Oklahoma
Crystal Dittmeyer 1984 Oklahoma
Jamie McChurin 1980 Oklahoma

Updated list:

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Lauria Jaylene Bible 1983 Oklahoma
Tabitha Brewer 1981 Kansas
Samatha Clonch 1986 Texas
Leanne Hausberg 1984 New York
Cinda Pallett 1968 Oklahoma

I notice that Samatha has been ruled out.

Close This Window
TxDPS Missing Persons Main Page

Texas DPS Missing Person Bulletin
Stephane Shae Henderson
Date Picture Updated: 10/11/2001
Stephane Shae Henderson
AKA: Stephane Meeks
Case Number: M9408008 Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Height: 5' 8 " Weight: 156 lbs.
Date of Birth: 9/13/1972 Age Missing: 21
Eye Color: Blue Hair Color: Brown
Race: White Sex: Female
Last Seen in: Levelland (Hockley County) Last Seen on: 11/28/1993
State Missing From: Texas Country Missing From: USA
Miscellaneous Notes: Ms. Henderson has a tattoo of an “S” between her thumb and forefinger, and scars on her left thigh, right hip, and lower abdomen.

dps
Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact
Texas Department of Public Safety, Missing Persons Clearinghouse
PO Box 4087, Austin, Texas 78773-0450; or by phone at 512-424-5074 or 1-800-346-3243

Close This Window

Stephane Shae Henderson
Stephane Shae Henderson
Miscellaneous Notes: Ms. Henderson has a tattoo of an “S” between her thumb and forefinger, and scars on her left thigh, right hip, and lower abdomen.

dps
Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact
PO Box 4087, Austin, Texas 78773-0450; or by phone at 512-424-5074 or 1-800-346-3243

Close This Window

Stephane Shae Henderson
Stephane Shae Henderson

dps

They said the doe was petite, she seems to tall and large to be a match.

I thought her composite resembled Stephane
d55005e670b6f911ac34594541ffda47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She does somewhat resemble the UID facially, but I agree, she seems too large to be described as petite. Also, she was 21 when she went missing in 1993, which would make her around 27-28 when the teenage UID was found. We've seen some cases be way off on age, but the skeletal differences between an adolescent and an adult are usually quite clear.

While I'm at it: current ruleouts list. https://identifyus.org/cases/5192

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Lauria Jaylene Bible 1983 Oklahoma
Tabitha Brewer 1981 Kansas
Samatha Clonch 1986 Texas
Leanne Hausberg 1984 New York
Cinda Pallett 1968 Oklahoma

I emailed Michael Nance a few years ago about this girl, I could not find the email today (so I sent a new one to him) I suggested a young lady (I won't put her name her here until I hear back from him again) but I believe he told me that it was a match and she had been identified but for some reason the namus profiles we're never updated. As soon as I get a confirmation reply I will post it here. I just want to make sure that it's the correct case (99.9% sure it is) that I'm thinking of... he got back to me pretty quickly last time, so hopefully it's the same this time. Until then I guess it should be taken as rumor?

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

Is the person you reported listed as missing? If so I am sure it is discloseable.

It would be great to bring her home.

I emailed Michael Nance a few years ago about this girl, I could not find the email today (so I sent a new one to him) I suggested a young lady (I won't put her name her here until I hear back from him again) but I believe he told me that it was a match and she had been identified but for some reason the namus profiles we're never updated. As soon as I get a confirmation reply I will post it here. I just want to make sure that it's the correct case (99.9% sure it is) that I'm thinking of... he got back to me pretty quickly last time, so hopefully it's the same this time. Until then I guess it should be taken as rumor?

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

Is the person you reported listed as missing? If so I am sure it is discloseable.

It would be great to bring her home.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5988/0/

I'm pretty sure this is the right one.

This girl has been identified as Regina Marie Curtis...

http://www.koco.com/news/cold-case-remains-of-teen-missing-since-2000-identified/37900468

OKLAHOMA CITY —Remains that belonged to a missing teenager from an Oklahoma cold case have been identified.

A cold case in Oklahoma City is now turning some answers. Police have identified a skull found almost 16 years ago. They say it is of Regina Curtis.

Police confirm they notified Regina Marie Curtis' family earlier this month that her remains were found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back