Identified! OK - OSBI Needs Help to ID Woman In Photo *Resolved*

Look more carefully at the hand in the photo. Notice the line coming from the center of the wrist up to where there is a normal creasing of the thumbline. It is backwards of what you are describing. It has the thumb trailing off to the right instead of back towards the head...meaning the fingers are under her head. Try doing that with your own arm. It would mean you would have to use your right hand on the left side of your face.

If she were trying to untie or prevent something from choking her..she could have crossed her arms in the front and come 'down' on her right arm at that angle perhaps. (Or had her arms crossed in front in a defensive position.) It is all I can think of to put her hand in that particular position.

OK SS, going back for a better look, thanks.

ETA...Ok, I can see it your way now, does look odd. If I hold my hand the way I described the fatty part of my palm (opposite my thumb) is furthest away from my face, in the picture, it appears the opposite. Strange.

OK..the hand, I agree with the posters that say it's not right. I have studied the picture and my own hand, and it's not working. Her thumb should be visible if it was laying the proper way. This is very odd. He hand also appears to be bruised, but not sure how accurate the photo is now that it's been edited by LE.

I hope they find out who this is.

Are some saying it may be Tara G from here in GA??

Does anyone think that the hand and arm displayed in that photo looks rather odd? It appears that the palm is facing up, therefore it would have to be her right hand and it would be awkard for her to have her hand/arm turned that way. And, the thumb appears to be under that piece of wood. Is that a painted wall with a wooden trim at the bottom? Something about this photo is very strange. Is that someone else's hand attempting to turn the face?

Lady Sleuth
jmho

I very much agree i actually tried to do it myself and it is very uncomfortable! puts too much pressure on your shoulder and arm to be doing that position normally. I have slept like that but always with the support of my other arm underneath. Good eye!

Does anyone think that the hand and arm displayed in that photo looks rather odd? It appears that the palm is facing up, therefore it would have to be her right hand and it would be awkard for her to have her hand/arm turned that way. And, the thumb appears to be under that piece of wood. Is that a painted wall with a wooden trim at the bottom? Something about this photo is very strange. Is that someone else's hand attempting to turn the face?

Lady Sleuth
jmho

You're right about that hand! It would be nearly impossible to get into that position; especially without more of the arm showing over the face area- I tried it. The hand in the picture is backwards- the thumb should be on the other side. I do believe the hand must belong to someone else- likely propping her head for the pic. I hope they can find her and that she is still alive.

Look more carefully at the hand in the photo. Notice the line coming from the center of the wrist up to where there is a normal creasing of the thumbline. It is backwards of what you are describing. It has the thumb trailing off to the right instead of back towards the head...meaning the fingers are under her head. Try doing that with your own arm. It would mean you would have to use your right hand on the left side of your face.

If she were trying to untie or prevent something from choking her..she could have crossed her arms in the front and come 'down' on her right arm at that angle perhaps. (Or had her arms crossed in front in a defensive position.) It is all I can think of to put her hand in that particular position.

Yes SS...that is what I was trying to say only you did it much better than I did. I see the fat area of her thumb and the thumb line facing towards that wall or whatever it is and her fingers under her head. Just opposite of what it should look like. I think that is someone else's hand....not the victims.

Lady Sleuth
jmho

i am not exactly sure that is someone else's hand. I know what you are saying by the "fat creases" but the shape from where the wrist connects to the thumb is is a lot wider than from where my wrist hits my pinky...maybe i am misunderstanding, The left part of her hand is too rounded and wide to be connecting to a pinky is what i am trying to say. Of course who knows though.

Looking at it...it is possible the forensic artist manipulated the entire hand! They didn't want to draw attention to it, I am guessing. Look how it is as if there are "fingers" painted on the left. That is why we don't see the lines clearly, the pinky finger, or thumb there, I bet!

OK..the hand, I agree with the posters that say it's not right. I have studied the picture and my own hand, and it's not working. Her thumb should be visible if it was laying the proper way. This is very odd. He hand also appears to be bruised, but not sure how accurate the photo is now that it's been edited by LE.

I hope they find out who this is.

Are some saying it may be Tara G from here in GA??

I think personally think the photo looks too old to be her, but it may be the other Tara

someone earlier said "well maybe this girl was just going to sleep."

i just highly doubt that the OSBI would go into a major investigation over this if they thought that.

I don't think it is Tara G. from GA either. Tara G. has this little bulbous area on the bottom of her nose which Tara C. doesn't have plus the age difference. I think it is Tara C. from NM the more I get into her case and study the photo.

Awww, I am sorry Purcell had to go through the Jamie Rose Brolin case, too. What an awful thing to have happen anywhere!

I agree as I grew up in a small community. When something happens, it does affect the entire town. I hope people in Purcell are aware of this OSBI photo and talking tho. Their input could be critical to finding the person who took the picture then left it. This isn't a normal photo and obviously the girl is/was in a dire situation. This person is worse than brazen, IMO. He is extremely coldhearted and viciously cruel. He needs to be found and put away for life!

My fear is the person just whipped off of I-35, dropped it off, and drove back onto the interstate, then out of the area before he was noticed. They don't mention where exactly they found it, but I doubt if it was readily noticable giving the perp time to be far away when it was found.

I finally just spoke to my mom and step dad and guess what? They had heard nothing of this! And they live right there, not 3 miles from where the picture was found! My mother is as much of a "news junkie" as I am so I just don't understand how she could have missed it if it was on the local news. The original news station from the beginning of this thread was one out of Tulsa (KTUL), which is two and a half hours away. When I told my mom the location listed on the OSBI report she was able to tell me exactly where that is. It is a tiny gas station in the country (not in the town of Purcell) and in my opinion there is no way there would be a camera or anything like that. They still have the old gas pumps where the numbers go around!!! In a way, this makes the picture even more intriguing. It is about 4 miles off of I-35.

I finally just spoke to my mom and step dad and guess what? They had heard nothing of this! And they live right there, not 3 miles from where the picture was found! My mother is as much of a "news junkie" as I am so I just don't understand how she could have missed it if it was on the local news. The original news station from the beginning of this thread was one out of Tulsa (KTUL), which is two and a half hours away. When I told my mom the location listed on the OSBI report she was able to tell me exactly where that is. It is a tiny gas station in the country (not in the town of Purcell) and in my opinion there is no way there would be a camera or anything like that. They still have the old gas pumps where the numbers go around!!! In a way, this makes the picture even more intriguing. It is about 4 miles off of I-35.

You know, something in the back of my mind makes me believe this picture wasn't found last week either. There is something very strange about it if your mom hasn't heard of it!! Maybe she can do some digging for us and find out more around town. I would like to know as much as possible what is going on if OSBI hasn't informed the locals in nearby communities or their news stations. Hmmmmmm...That certainly DOES make this more intriguing. Thanks for the update!!

There seem to be a definite line around her neck, like she might have been strangled.

OK..I have checked out every LOCAL news station to Purcell area and they have NOTHING on this at all! There is only one station here carrying it and something is really wrong!! I don't get it?! What is the point?!

OK..I have checked out every LOCAL news station to Purcell area and they have NOTHING on this at all! There is only one station here carrying it and something is really wrong!! I don't get it?! What is the point?!

Yes! I did the exact same thing. And the only station that carried the story was in Tulsa....which is NOT close! I agree with you that it must have been found longer than a week ago too. The reason I thought that was that if it was "touched up" by a forensic artist that would take some time, don't you think? It just seem really fast to find it, touch it up, and get it posted within a week......MOO

I will be going to Purcell the end of the week for a few days and I will go over to where the picture was found and see what I can find out.

Yes! I did the exact same thing. And the only station that carried the story was in Tulsa....which is NOT close! I agree with you that it must have been found longer than a week ago too. The reason I thought that was that if it was "touched up" by a forensic artist that would take some time, don't you think? It just seem really fast to find it, touch it up, and get it posted within a week......MOO

I will be going to Purcell the end of the week for a few days and I will go over to where the picture was found and see what I can find out.
Great! Something is way off with this one! Let's see if we can get to the bottom of it!

I did look it up and it is listed on http://www.osbi.state.ok.us/ site tho. So why only one news station?! I would think they would want this all over the state if they wanted to really know who this person is! (Maybe they DO know and are fishing like I thought earlier?)

It is what I am thinking.

The only other reason I could come up with is that someone on the local news desk here was checking out their (OSBI) website and thought it would make an interesting article...so ran it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back