Identified! OK - Pittsburg Co, WhtMale UP5170 & WhtFem UP5174, 18-30, GSW, Apr'95 - Brian and Rachel Burr

Its possible that the diamonds in the rings have serial numbers(if real diamonds). If so, its possible they can be traced.

I think these Does need a new composite sketch. Not a reconstruction, a sketch. Does anyone know who to contact about this? A new sketch could generate some much needed publicity for this case.
I'm live near the area they were found & think of them every time I drive past the cemetery where they were buried. I reached out to Carl K. Last year about the NEED for sketches. Something to go on besides those old reconstructions. He said he'd definitely be willing to give it a shot if he could get photos of the skulls. I then reached out to the county sheriff with Carl's info & links to many old cases where his sketches played a part in does getting their names back & a bit of closure for their families. He seemed excited to have another option to explore & try. He said he'd check on evidence files & reach out to Carl. I haven't heard anything since. Outside of new DNA technology, like dnadoeproject (which I also sent him info on) I really think getting some realistic sketches & publicity are the best chance at solving this case.

Jane Doe's NamUs profile was updated 4/11/22 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
She currently has 12 rule outs listed (Tammie Wilkinson listed twice)
Thumbnail

MP72028 Danita Trolinger 11/28/1994 Pittsburg OK
MP6028 Martha Dunn 09/05/1990 Morris TX
MP5199 Shannon Green 07/06/1986 Daviess KY
MP2956 Karen Spencer 12/29/1989 Clermont OH
MP1363 Bobbi Campbell 12/30/1994 Salt Lake UT
MP5845 Stephanie Benton 03/13/1995 Mohave AZ
MP8600 Jeanie Lofton 04/02/1994 Panola TX
MP5644Bonnie Dages 04/28/1993 Hillsborough FL
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 HenricoVA
MP1733 Linda Davis 01/07/1976 Rogers OK
MP2325 Tammie Wilkinson 06/21/1984 Jackson MO
MP2325 Tammie Wilkinson 06/21/1984 Jackson MO

I have been in touch with the lead detective on this case within the past two weeks. He has told me that the original photos of this case (the photos of the rings, tattoos, etc.) have been lost or destroyed since before he was assigned to the case. Of course, this is devastating to the investigation, but he is determined to solve this. I originally called him with theories and ideas that have come from all kinds of people, and he is currently working on trying to get a DNA sample match and follow up on those theories.

Remember to add your own DNA to the database via 23 and Me or similar. Anyone could be the link needed to solve a case.

I have been in touch with the lead detective on this case within the past two weeks. He has told me that the original photos of this case (the photos of the rings, tattoos, etc.) have been lost or destroyed since before he was assigned to the case. Of course, this is devastating to the investigation, but he is determined to solve this. I originally called him with theories and ideas that have come from all kinds of people, and he is currently working on trying to get a DNA sample match and follow up on those theories.

Remember to add your own DNA to the database via 23 and Me or similar. Anyone could be the link needed to solve a case.
Has he contacted any of the agencies that do this work?

This Jane Does NamUs profile has been modified on 5/17/22
Another Exclusion/Rule Out was added.
MP29972
Kristin
Diede
08/15/1993
Logan
ND

tell the detective in charge to send this to DNA Doe Project I’m sure they would take it in a second considering they solved the Sumter County Doe case.

well, not sure if any of the other DNA labs have joined us here, so I'll just type @othram .

IIRC, the law enforcement agency must initiate contact, this by itself violates some state's privacy laws. IDK about Oklahoma?

New sketches by our @CarlK90245 would be terrific!

jmho ymmv lrr

MOD NOTE:

Quite a few posts have been removed that were discussing the social media page of a private individual. This is a violation of Websleuths' TOS. You can read the rules for social media at the link in my signature.

The page was not linked, but that doesn't make this not a TOS violation; if you can't link it, you can't talk about it. If you can't link it, it's considered rumor here, and Websleuths is fact-based.

If there is a page that you think needs to be discussed at Websleuths that is not an approved social media page, click "report" on any post and paste the link and an explanation and the administration will review and either accept or reject the page, and you will be notified.

As always, if there is something you wish to discuss that is off-limits on the regular page, you can make a PM discussion with up to 20 participants. Those conversations are not visible to anyone not included in the conversation, including staff.

The two bodies — a man and a woman — were found by a guardrail under a tree near Crowder Point on April 9, 1995, by a man who was riding his four-wheeler, according to a report in the April 10, 1995, edition of the McAlester News-Capital.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation announced Monday the bodies were identified as Brian and Rachel Burr, of Texas.

“Hopefully we brought some closure to some family members,” Pittsburg County Sheriff Chris Morris said about the identification of the two bodies. “Whenever we exhumed the bodies, we didn’t know what the outcome would be, but with the help from OSBI, it turned out really well and I think it’s a success.”

The case was reopened as part of a cold case investigative unit Morris formed in December 2017 that is led by retired McAlester Assistant Police Chief George Scott.

In December 2018, a Pittsburg County judge granted a petition for exhumation of the bodies.

The petition stated, “because there is an absence of scientific evidence and comparison information, the State is requesting exhumation of the decedent(s) which could provide dental radiographs, full body radiographs, and a DNA sample to submit for use in positive identification.”

Morris previously told the News-Capital DNA collected was first compared with that of a family from Daingerfield, Texas. Investigators believed the family could have been related to the two bodies found because there were two missing people from that area around the same time when the bodies were discovered in 1995.

After a match was not found, the DNA was entered into a national database.

According to the OSBI, the agency’s Forensic Science Center sent a specimen from one of the deceased for further DNA analysis to Parabon Nano Labs. In September 2022, it was reported the persons “were likely to be the Burrs.”

“OSBI Agents traveled to Texas and Ohio to conduct interviews and collect DNA samples from relatives in an attempt to positively identify the individuals,” the agency said in a press release. “Based on the information received from various interviews, the Oklahoma Chief Medical Examiner, additional DNA testing performed by the OSBI Forensic Science Center, Ohio Bureau of Investigation, and the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification, the identities were believed to be Brian Burr, 23 years of age at the time, and wife Rachel Burr, 21 years of age at the time.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back