OK - Professional Photographer Jailed On Child *advertiser censored* Charges

Did you ask!!!!????

And heck no. It's you we're after. Trust me, this idea's gonna grow legs.

FYI to Missizzy and anyone else who wandered around this guy's photo site - there is a Trojan virus on it!!! For your computer's health, I recommend that you go grab the free anti-virus program Avast and run a detailed scan...(I'm recommending that program just because it's the one that alerted me on my own compy, so I know it will catch it for you.)

I have a little Macbook and don't think I get viruses but can I ask a really stupid question? I'm really sorry to be so uneducated on computers but I just never was trained in them. I've written reams of articles but always on Appleworks and then journal editors took it from there.

Why exactly are some sites marked with that warning? What does it mean? Is it a sign that there's possibly something untoward on the site or just that it has a virus? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

To my knowledge, it means there is a virus embedded in the site somewhere.

I don't see this article posted even though it shows a date of two days ago. Everything I've read so far has mentioned "several" images and his daughter states that "four" images were recovered. This sounds a bit more ominous--however we might be looking at a different victim base:

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13020393

"....According to the arrest report, police searched the home of Richard Wooton, 58, on August 19, 2010 and found two computers containing "thousands" of images of nude females. Police said many of the girls in the pictures appeared to be under the age of 18.

"Officers said three CD's from Wooton's home were also seized and contained thousands more photographs of young girls. According to the report, police said several of the girls "could not have been more than ten years old....."

A few things are confusing here. I thought Wooton was visiting his adult daughter, son-in-law and grandson in Oklahoma and that he lived in Minnesota. This article says clearly that they searched his home. And FWIW, any LEO can tell the difference between a woman who's 18 and one who's 10 years old. Why only four counts if there are thousands of photos? This is not looking good, at all.

It reminds me of the case of Michael Liu in Worcester, MA:

Michael Liu, Worcester MA, is not a real photographer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I tried to run a criminal check on him, but there are so many Richard Wootens around the same age, it is impossible to figure out which one is him without the DOB. I was hoping I could pick him up on Vinelink to get the date, but he isn't showing up. I assume he has already bailed. Let me go check the Tulsa County Jail directly and see if I can find anything.

ETA: Nope, he's not showing up there either. If anyone knows how to get his DOB, I will run a new check.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back