OK - Sarena Sherrard for child endangerment, Oklahoma City, 2005

Feb 1st, 2007

OKLAHOMA CITY - A woman who experts said has a rare mental disorder has been sentenced to more than 15 years in prison after admitting she injected fecal matter into her infant daughter.

Sarena Sherrard, 31, pleaded guilty Tuesday to child abuse charges.
Two mental health care providers, who have cared for Sherrard since her arrest, testified she could not resist the urge to harm her daughter. They blamed a disorder known as Munchausen syndrome by proxy, in which parents create or exaggerate injury to a child to bring attention to themselves. The cause is unknown.

snip

Bass said he sentenced Sherrard to one year in prison for each of the 13 times the girl was hospitalized, plus 2½ years because the abuse lasted that long.

“Even though (the judge) agreed with our psychiatrist and psychologist that she had several mental disorders ... he just thought it was such a severe case that he elected for punishment as opposed to treatment,” defense attorney Irven Box said Wednesday.

BBM
More at link:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/57013-woman-who-experts-said-has.html
===========================================

Sarena M. Sherrard

Housed: Mabel Bassett Correctional Center
Sentence Date: 01/30/2007

Offense: Child Abuse
Sentence: 15 years 6 months
Start Date: 03/08/2007
End Date: 07/25/2022

Probation: 14 years 6 months
Start Date: 07/25/2022
End Date: 01/29/2037

Jesus Christ on a Raft! What is wrong with these people???????????? I am sick hearing this. I want to take all these babies home with me. I also want to have an AK47 and just do justice myself. OK! I have got to calm down. This isn't good...brings out really bad reactions in me when I hear of babies being harmed.

yeah.........what he/she said.

this is unreal

30 years thats pretty decent.

she must have growled at the judge or something

LOL!

Just when I think I've heard it all, along comes another topic on here that completely blows my mind. That is beyond sick!! Does anyone know if the child is OK now?

Hate to burst your bubble, kbl. Only 15 1/2 years is actual prison time. The other 14 1/2 years is probation. Still not horrible by some of the other standards we've seen.

I saw a Lifetime Movie about a woman who did this. I wonder if it was based on this story?

Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back