OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this carter girl have any family left we could contact?

I am in contact with a family member who gave me the picture of Christina from a newspaper clipping of the time. The family member wants to post here, but is having the same problem I had getting the ability to post here. If someone knows a moderator who can speed it up, the family member is willing to work with us.

In the meantime, she asked if anyone has questions, to ask and she will answer through me.

I am in contact with a family member who gave me the picture of Christina from a newspaper clipping of the time. The family member wants to post here, but is having the same problem I had getting the ability to post here. If someone knows a moderator who can speed it up, the family member is willing to work with us.

In the meantime, she asked if anyone has questions, to ask and she will answer through me.

I would suggest sending a private message to Jeana, moderator here in the Cold Cases section. She posted a couple stickies here in Cold Cases - you can just go to one of those, click on her name and select to send a private message.

That will be great to hear from Christina's family.

I am curious to know if Christina's father has been searching for her.
The family member should be able to get her on the NCMEC website through LE. I don't know exactly how that works, I am sure someone on here would know.
I believe Christina and Sharon look very much alike. It would be great if someone could do an age progression on Christina's photo to see if she would resemble an older Sharon.

Has Christina's family member heard anything from LE? Just wondering if they are currently "in the process of" or have already carried out DNA testing. In other words, what stage of the investigation are they at? And do you have a photo of the father that we can compare with Sharon's photo? The photo of Christina is so exciting, and would appear to be a very good chance of being a match. But I know better than to get too excited as probable matches have been excluded in the past. But gosh, a bit exciting.

I am curious to know if Christina's father has been searching for her.
The family member should be able to get her on the NCMEC website through LE. I don't know exactly how that works, I am sure someone on here would know.
I believe Christina and Sharon look very much alike. It would be great if someone could do an age progression on Christina's photo to see if she would resemble an older Sharon.

Please if someone could provide a link to the details in this case.....

Please if someone could provide a link to the details in this case.....

Post # 192 on this thread is where it is first mentioned. I can't find a link to the newspaper article that was quoted; it was from an archive.

The family member wants to post here, but is having the same problem I had getting the ability to post here. If someone knows a moderator who can speed it up, the family member is willing to work with us.

PM Chicoliving, tell her the name/email addy, etc of the person, who they are, and the importance of getting him/her on the board....then she will watch for them when they attempt to register and approve them, or she may just reggie them and give you a temp pw for them.

info from the family member, who is still having trouble posting here:

“Thanks for posting Christina's picture so that others can see it.”

“I am family, but certainly not close enough to have great answers. But I will definitely get the word out in my family. I talked with Lindsey's sister today. I told her about the web postings, Sharon Marshall, etc. She is going to call him to see if anyone has contacted him about Christina/Sharon. I don't want to post anything private without getting his permission, so she's going to ask him if he would talk to me about it. Although Sharon/Christina is a "case" to most people, this was devastating to Lindsey at the time. His sister thinks he'll be ok with it now, though.”

“I'd like to see him give a sample for DNA testing. She and I will chat again tomorrow. I will then, hopefully, call him and get the ball rolling to see if Sharon/Christina are a match. I don't live far from his sister, so maybe I can pick up some pictures and scan them for uploading. We'll see.”

“Christina disappeared around Aug or Sep of 1973, so the timeline fits. Her mother Janet was a bit... ummm.... "rebellious" ... so who knows what/who she ran into before she was murdered in Oct.?”

“Christina was absolutely adored by her father, grandparents, and my great-grandmother. She was exceptionally smart for her age. Would love to see the family get closure on this.”

Thank you CuriousInAtlanta for the info you are able to provide. That fact that Christina was "exceptionally smart for her age" fits with Sharon. I just can't wait any extra info/photos from her family (Christina's). So it would be good to know, as soon as you are able to find out from family members, how far into the investigation LE are and whether DNA has been conducted yet.

YAY! I'm finally able to post. Many thanks to CuriousInAtlanta for relaying my postings about Christina.

I will be talking with Lindsey's sister this afternoon and hope to find out if anyone has contacted him. Hopefully I'll get to talk to him tonight and pass along this information.

This is another news article that was in the paper (The Birmingham News) back then. Doesn't add anything new, but I'm posting it anyway. This is the article that was with Christina's picture that someone posted here for me.

"FBI agents and state lawmen have yet to learn the whereabouts of 3-1/2 year old Christina Carter, daughter of Mrs. Janet Gail Carter found dead Oct. 7 in the Smokey Mountains. The child was last seen with her mother, who lived in Hueytown the past several years. The child's father, Lindsey Carter of Birmingham, says his ex-wife apparently left Hueytown sometime in August due to a custody suit he had filed for Christina."

Welcome MartieLee! Glad you made it!

YAY! I'm finally able to post. Many thanks to CuriousInAtlanta for relaying my postings about Christina.

I will be talking with Lindsey's sister this afternoon and hope to find out if anyone has contacted him. Hopefully I'll get to talk to him tonight and pass along this information.

This is another news article that was in the paper (The Birmingham News) back then. Doesn't add anything new, but I'm posting it anyway. This is the article that was with Christina's picture that someone posted here for me.

"FBI agents and state lawmen have yet to learn the whereabouts of 3-1/2 year old Christina Carter, daughter of Mrs. Janet Gail Carter found dead Oct. 7 in the Smokey Mountains. The child was last seen with her mother, who lived in Hueytown the past several years. The child's father, Lindsey Carter of Birmingham, says his ex-wife apparently left Hueytown sometime in August due to a custody suit he had filed for Christina."

I talked to Lindsey's sister again today - He is interested in hearing about Sharon Marshall and getting information from me regarding the chatter over his daughter. I got his new phone number and tried to call him tonight, but he isn't at home right now.

Left message and will try again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member