OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you MartieLee. Even if this doesn't pan out with Sharon Marshall; we could open a thread for Christina. The sleuthers on here do some amazing work.

I just talked to Christina's father - I'm sending him this web address and other information (Matt Birkbeck contact, FBI, web sites with pictures of Sharon, etc.) so that he can pursue this.

I not sure I understand your last post MartieLee ,about Matt and sites with Sharon's Photos ??

welcome martie. giving him the websites and pictures on sharon is a start contacting the ncmec would also get the ball rolling they would be able to cordinate a dna sample and such

I gave him some web addresses to direct him to various sites (Matt's page, doenetwork, etc.) to look at pictures of Sharon Marshall so that he could compare them to his own pictures and memories of his daughter Christina. Also gave him contact info for Matt in case he thinks there might be a match.

I think a good place to start would be to establish what Blood type does Christina have ? aka:Sharon Marshall's has already been established......
It is good thing that you think this could be a match and have let the father know.
since we already know whom Christians Mother is maybe starting a Thread for the Carter Family maybe a good thing too.

This is an e-mail I received

Thank you for contacting the Florida Attorney General's office regarding
litigation in Franklin v. State, case no. SC00-2424 in the Florida Supreme
Court. A review of the criminal records and archives of this office,
reveals there was no case opened under this name. There may have been a
non-criminal file opened but there was no criminal case opened.

A review of the Florida Supreme Court records reflects however, that
Case no. SC00-2424, was a petition for writ of habeas corpus filed by
Franklin Floyd in the Florida Supreme Court in 2000.
That court
transferred the case to the Pinellas Circuit Court on March 8, 2001, and
then closed the case.

You may wish to contact the clerk of the Pinellas Circuit Court for a
more recent update and status report as to whether any further action ever
occurred in that matter.

Hopefully this information will be helpful. Thank you again for
contacting this office.

I gave him some web addresses to direct him to various sites (Matt's page, doenetwork, etc.) to look at pictures of Sharon Marshall so that he could compare them to his own pictures and memories of his daughter Christina. Also gave him contact info for Matt in case he thinks there might be a match.

So I take it he hasn't yet been contacted by anyone from LE or missing persons? That's interesting if that's the case, as I read that they have been "looking into this" possible match for some time ... (I can't remember if I read four months or four weeks). Regardless, I would have thought he'd be the first person they would speak to. Just goes to show you, one may assume that something is being followed up, but it's not necessarily the case. People can tend to 'drop the ball' when distracted by other pressing matters.

I haven't been able to follow as closely as I like.....any news on Lori P DNA?

Although he doesn't think that Sharon Marshall was his Christina, he has sent an email to Matt Birkbeck with some information and better pictures of Christy because there are some similarities.

I now have a better picture than the newspaper clipping uploaded earlier, but it's in pdf format and I haven't figure out how to upload it. I'll have to see if I can get a jpg or other image file.

Hi MartieLee,

If you like, you can email me the pdf file and I can do a screen capture on the image and save it as a jpg. My email is ginad42 "at" sbcglobal.net.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/martielee/
I've posted another photo of Christy. Her father has now been in contact with Matt Birkbeck and her case has been brought to the FBI's attention again. We'll see what happens.

Other than both being cute little girls with blonde hair, I'm not so sure that Sharon and Christy are the same person; but can't leave a stone unturned.

This is the FBI bulletin that was put out back in 1973 when her mother was found. The man who was suspected of being involved with Janet's death and Christy's disappearnce was cleared because someone protected him with an alibi.

United States Department of Justice

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
November 8, 1973

Christina Lynn Carter

The FBI is searching for the missing three-year-old daughter of a woman whose nude body was found alongside Clingman’s Dome Road in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on October 7, 1973. Mrs. Janet Gail Carter, 24, a divorcee from Hueytown, Alabama, was found with her hands taped and feet tied, stuffed in green plastic trash bags. Federal Medical Examiner fixed cause of death as suffocation during early morning of October 7, 1973. Christina Carter was last known to be living with her mother in Hueytown, Alabama, during September, 1973. Christina Lynn Carter is described as white female, born May 29, 1970, Birmingham, Alabama, approximately 38 inches in height, weighing approximate 30 pounds, long blonde hair about shoulder length, blue eyes, wears size toddler 3 dress, walks pigeon toed, converses easily, no known scars or marks. Anyone having any information regarding the possible whereabouts of this child is requested to contact the nearest FBI office.

MartieLee, thanks for all the information. I know this must be quite difficult for Lindsey. Hopefully we will find out soon!

Thank you, MartieLee. I hope Christina's dad can get her listed with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as well.

Yes thanks Martilee, very very interesting info. If he gets her entered into the system, I would hope he can see about getting his DNA taken and have it ran against CODIS, it could be possible she might be a Jane Doe and has not been identified, but if that unidentified is in Codis, they might get a hit and find her. Just like Sharons is in Codis.

I recieved the following from Matt Birkbeck:

Christina Carter
You can pass along that the National Center is on the case and facilitating a DNA test. Will take a few weeks. This one could prove interesting.

Will keep you posted.

That's great news CouriousInAtlanta, and thanks also to Matt for passing it along. Will be waiting in anticipation for the outcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl