OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I never said it was fatherly nor did I say Sharon was his daughter. I think you might be misunderstanding the context in which the statement was made.........

I understood what you ment by Fatherly anyone knowing the story line should be able to understand also....
sometimes I do wonder why Sharon Marshall was said not to have confinded in anyone when she did Cheryl in Florida and Connie in Oklahoma.
No one is allowed where FDF and Sharon reside yet Cheryl moves in with them....
Hummmmmm ! and then she is killed.

Just finished reading Matt Birkbeck's "A Beautiful Child". It was written very well. It was very sad to read all of the pain and suffering she endured.

As to any possible theories as to the true identity of "Sharon Marshall" I gained from reading the book, I suppose they basically remain the same as I've posted in an earlier post.

I think Franklin Floyd either took this young girl from A.) a family member, parent(s) that didn't care for her and never reported her as missing, possibly because "Sharon" was born and raised at home, without a SSN and/or record of her even existing. Parent(s) who were drug addicts, destitute, homeless, or mentally ill just as an example. Not saying all parents like this would treat their kids that way, for the record. Maybe her parent(s) didn't live very long after she was taken- hence no official report of her missing? B.) a family that had legal/law enforcement problems that might bring unwanted attention to themselves by LE. Probation, parole, theft-ring activity, religious sects, terrorism networks (Vietnam era), or underground child exploitation/black market selling of children, that the parent(s) might have been involved with or problems in the past w/LE, etc. C.) Floyd may have possibly taken this child during a house fire and/or natural disaster or accident, where next of kin were all presumed dead, therefore negating inquiries. D.) Did Floyd have a passport? Knowing how slick he was with his paperwork, I'll assume he did. If so, where did he travel out of the country to? Canada, even Alaska although it's a U.S. state. I mention this because many of these areas the land is remote and rural. Some people live simply w/out the need for the bustle of the city and do just fine.

I just find it hard to believe that after all these years, and having "Sharon's" DNA available for comparison, that some link would not have been matched unless someone didn't want to report her as missing for unspecified reasons. Or couldn't report her as missing. Any thoughts??? Sorry for the long post, btw!

What I wish to happen is for her adopted out daughter that MATT mentions in the book and wasn't there another baby?Besides MICHAEL?
[
That the daughter would someday offer up her DNA and have a search done worldwide] data based] for a possible match.
They have those family tree type DNA searches it would be great if she would do one of those and trace the roots of her natural mother...

:blowkiss:

Just finished reading Matt Birkbeck's "A Beautiful Child". It was written very well. It was very sad to read all of the pain and suffering she endured.

As to any possible theories as to the true identity of "Sharon Marshall" I gained from reading the book, I suppose they basically remain the same as I've posted in an earlier post.

I think Franklin Floyd either took this young girl from A.) a family member, parent(s) that didn't care for her and never reported her as missing, possibly because "Sharon" was born and raised at home, without a SSN and/or record of her even existing. Parent(s) who were drug addicts, destitute, homeless, or mentally ill just as an example. Not saying all parents like this would treat their kids that way, for the record. Maybe her parent(s) didn't live very long after she was taken- hence no official report of her missing? B.) a family that had legal/law enforcement problems that might bring unwanted attention to themselves by LE. Probation, parole, theft-ring activity, religious sects, terrorism networks (Vietnam era), or underground child exploitation/black market selling of children, that the parent(s) might have been involved with or problems in the past w/LE, etc. C.) Floyd may have possibly taken this child during a house fire and/or natural disaster or accident, where next of kin were all presumed dead, therefore negating inquiries. D.) Did Floyd have a passport? Knowing how slick he was with his paperwork, I'll assume he did. If so, where did he travel out of the country to? Canada, even Alaska although it's a U.S. state. I mention this because many of these areas the land is remote and rural. Some people live simply w/out the need for the bustle of the city and do just fine.

I just find it hard to believe that after all these years, and having "Sharon's" DNA available for comparison, that some link would not have been matched unless someone didn't want to report her as missing for unspecified reasons. Or couldn't report her as missing. Any thoughts??? Sorry for the long post, btw!
Greg the father of Micheal was in Oklahoma Courts at the time of FDF trial Jennifer Sharon Marshall friend was also at the Courts.
Greg stated that FDF told him in a phone conversation that He (FDF) and Sharon had vacationed in Costa Rica...when Greg asked where have you guys been ?
I think it is safe to assume that Greg is Michael's father as stated in the book that Sharon tells Jennifer that he (GREG) is...i
t is another IF when one wonders if the LE in Oklahoma established by DNA that Greg is the father to Micheal....
1986 Sharon Marshall frist Child....
1988 Micheal
1989 female child
it is this 1989 child that is said to have contact Matt B. had read the book submitted DNA to NCMEC and was confirmed by Matt as Sharon Marshall child.....was said that she lived in the South and was attending her first Year of collage....We have to take Matts' word for this as there is no way that this can be confirmed.
NCMEC changed their post for Sharon Marshall about 6 months ago and added Photos and this that most people missed well they may have not known that there was "believed "that No DNA was ever provided for Sharon Marshall the posting on NCMEC states "DNA Aviable"...
so we get to assume again that ......?

What I wish to happen is for her adopted out daughter that MATT mentions in the book and wasn't there another baby?Besides MICHAEL?
[
That the daughter would someday offer up her DNA and have a search done worldwide] data based] for a possible match.
They have those family tree type DNA searches it would be great if she would do one of those and trace the roots of her natural mother...

:blowkiss:
Greg the father of Micheal was in Oklahoma Courts at the time of FDF trial Jennifer Sharon Marshall friend was also at the Courts.Greg stated that FDF told him a phone conversation that He and Sharon had vacationed in Costa Rica...when Greg asked where have you guys been ?
I think it is safe to assume that Greg is Michael's father as stated in the book that Sharon tells Jennifer that he is...it is another IF when one wonders if the LE in Oklahoma established by DNA that Greg is the father to Micheal....
1986 Sharon Marshall frist Child....
1988 Micheal
1989 female child
it is this 1989 child that is said to have contact Matt B. had read the book submitted DNA to NCMEC and was confirmed by Matt as Sharon Marshall child.....was said that she lived in the South and was attending her first Year of collage....We have to take Matts' word for this as there is no way that this can be confirmed.

kevmob77, since the book is fresh in your mind, do you feel it's possible that Sharon was the daughter of "Linda the prostitute"? (I think I am recalling the name correctly?) Also, do you think Floyd would have needed a passport to gain entry into Canada or Mexico at that time? Were the borders very secure at that time in our nations past?

Just curious as to what you think after reading. :blowkiss:

kevmob77, since the book is fresh in your mind, do you feel it's possible that Sharon was the daughter of "Linda the prostitute"? (I think I am recalling the name correctly?) Also, do you think Floyd would have needed a passport to gain entry into Canada or Mexico at that time? Were the borders very secure at that time in our nations past?

Just curious as to what you think after reading. :blowkiss:

In regards to the prostitute being her mother, I doubt it. But it can't be ruled out either. Anything that FDL has said or told others, then probably the opposite is true. I wonder if he abducted her in the commission of another crime, such as a murder, arson, or something that he was afraid to ever divulge, and why he never has. As to theories, I think FDF was way too smart to just abduct a child out of the blue and expect to have her live with him for so many years w/out it eventually catching up with him. That's why I mention that FDL had to know that it couldn't trace back to him. With Canada and Mexico, I don't feel it would really matter regarding passports or other ID's because FDL had so many fake ID's who would know what name he traveled under. I found out through my mom that in the early 70's (she lived there) in order to stay in Mexico one needed a Mexican Tourist Card if a person was to stay there for a certain amount of time. One could obtain that through a Mexican consulate there. A passport was not needed to enter or stay. Same for Canada. I live in San Diego half the year, and this border (Tijuana/San Ysidro) is very easy to cross (it's a swinging metal pole gate), and re-entry is checked by valid ID, etc until June 1st, when passports will be enforced. But it's not fool-proof by any stretch. A friend of mine in the Navy here is not allowed to go to Mexico at all for obvious reasons, but he still does by using his driver's license from another state to go and gamble when he is off. Same goes with the El Paso/Ciudad-Juarez border crossing in Texas.

What I didn't know about the case before reading the book was how many times FDL collected or attempted to collect insurance payouts from so many false "accidents". He had his trailer burned down, had his boat sink by drilling holes in it (not real smart on that one), and of course "Sharon's" life insurance policy. He never really worked, and if he did some painting job usually a mysterious fall would happen so he could collect disability. One has to assume he has pulled this many more times than what is known due to his numerous identities. That's an angle I personally think should be looked at more in revealing "Sharon's" true identity. This case is just the biggest mystery I've ever read about. However, I think it's solvable, and I hope it will be sooner rather later. Thoughts?

Thanks kevmob77 for your opinion/views. It's been so long since I read the book, I forgot most of my initial impressions.

I am still wondering about Sharon's mother. I am not sure I discount the story Floyd gave about her mother. But, as you said, not much he said is true and the opposite is quite possible. I have always wondered if he picked up a hitch-hiker or runaway who was afraid of the law and had no family ties- other than Sharon. Given his love of travel, it wouldn't have been too hard for him to pick someone up along the way. He could have helped Sharon's mom overdose- I don't know if at that time it would have had much attention called to it. (So many theories!)

When we lived on the Canadian border, crossing to and from was quite easy. I'm pretty sure Floyd could have crossed fairly easily back then.

Your point about the disability claims makes me wonder, just how many names did Floyd collect under? Could he have ever drawn Social Security Disability? (Vague question, I just wonder if he could have had multiple claims paying at one time, all under various names?)

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the book and your theories. I hope this case can be solved someday. :blowkiss:

Thanks kevmob77 for your opinion/views. It's been so long since I read the book, I forgot most of my initial impressions.

I am still wondering about Sharon's mother. I am not sure I discount the story Floyd gave about her mother. But, as you said, not much he said is true and the opposite is quite possible. I have always wondered if he picked up a hitch-hiker or runaway who was afraid of the law and had no family ties- other than Sharon. Given his love of travel, it wouldn't have been too hard for him to pick someone up along the way. He could have helped Sharon's mom overdose- I don't know if at that time it would have had much attention called to it. (So many theories!)

When we lived on the Canadian border, crossing to and from was quite easy. I'm pretty sure Floyd could have crossed fairly easily back then.

Your point about the disability claims makes me wonder, just how many names did Floyd collect under? Could he have ever drawn Social Security Disability? (Vague question, I just wonder if he could have had multiple claims paying at one time, all under various names?)

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the book and your theories. I hope this case can be solved someday. :blowkiss:

I agree with you about the hitchhiker theory. To me, that seems the most likely- someone who was on the fringes of society w/no resources. As for the disability, he had to have claimed plenty of them. What I could never understand about this case is how FDL let "Sharon" attend school and visit friends. He must have had his trail backed up all too well. I would think he would have raised her as a "hermit", never leaving the house in fear of her telling someone. It seems like she was close to doing that several times, but just couldn't. This case has got the national attention so many others haven't got. Along with the book, it has been on TruTV's "Investigators, Unsolved Mysteries, and AMW. That's what makes it more frustrating. They know who did the crimes, have the DNA of "Sharon", know people who knew her, and still no answers.

In regards to the prostitute being her mother, I doubt it. But it can't be ruled out either. Anything that FDL has said or told others, then probably the opposite is true. I wonder if he abducted her in the commission of another crime, such as a murder, arson, or something that he was afraid to ever divulge, and why he never has. As to theories, I think FDF was way too smart to just abduct a child out of the blue and expect to have her live with him for so many years w/out it eventually catching up with him. That's why I mention that FDL had to know that it couldn't trace back to him. With Canada and Mexico, I don't feel it would really matter regarding passports or other ID's because FDL had so many fake ID's who would know what name he traveled under. I found out through my mom that in the early 70's (she lived there) in order to stay in Mexico one needed a Mexican Tourist Card if a person was to stay there for a certain amount of time. One could obtain that through a Mexican consulate there. A passport was not needed to enter or stay. Same for Canada. I live in San Diego half the year, and this border (Tijuana/San Ysidro) is very easy to cross (it's a swinging metal pole gate), and re-entry is checked by valid ID, etc until June 1st, when passports will be enforced. But it's not fool-proof by any stretch. A friend of mine in the Navy here is not allowed to go to Mexico at all for obvious reasons, but he still does by using his driver's license from another state to go and gamble when he is off. Same goes with the El Paso/Ciudad-Juarez border crossing in Texas.

What I didn't know about the case before reading the book was how many times FDL collected or attempted to collect insurance payouts from so many false "accidents". He had his trailer burned down, had his boat sink by drilling holes in it (not real smart on that one), and of course "Sharon's" life insurance policy. He never really worked, and if he did some painting job usually a mysterious fall would happen so he could collect disability. One has to assume he has pulled this many more times than what is known due to his numerous identities. That's an angle I personally think should be looked at more in revealing "Sharon's" true identity. This case is just the biggest mystery I've ever read about. However, I think it's solvable, and I hope it will be sooner rather later. Thoughts?

I've yet to read the book. On my to do list, when finances permit. Kev, I assume from your pic you are from Chicago. If you knew any 'hoodlums' IRL it's very easy to see how FDL grew up in 'hell' in an orphanage and learnt whatever street smarts he did back then. No one noticed or paid attention to the any signs or red flags because that didn't happen back then. Floyds claim to fame is SM.. of course he is going to hold out... his daddy passed on and his paternal family was ?????

On a very odd off topic note, what ever became of Floyd's paternal family? We have how many genealogists here at WS, amongst the too many to count other places who have been researching SM for how long? Floyd could blow them (us) all out of the water by showing his dad up one or two..... but he won't- because his dad is just where he put Sharon and Michael.. but what he doesn't realize is that he does in fact have a paternal family out there somewhere, so why not see what we can all dig about his paternal family?

Floyd will pass on holding his tongue before he would EVER leave anything about his legacy regarding his paternal ancestry. What a legacy to add to ones paternal side... Though IIRC, his dad left without choice. "FD?" has a choice.. which he'll most likely waste. Even so, I would like to have some off topic info on his paternal side. Anyone have that?

jmo

I've yet to read the book. On my to do list, when finances permit. Kev, I assume from your pic you are from Chicago. If you knew any 'hoodlums' IRL it's very easy to see how FDL grew up in 'hell' in an orphanage and learnt whatever street smarts he did back then. No one noticed or paid attention to the any signs or red flags because that didn't happen back then. Floyds claim to fame is SM.. of course he is going to hold out... his daddy passed on and his paternal family was ?????

On a very odd off topic note, what ever became of Floyd's paternal family? We have how many genealogists here at WS, amongst the too many to count other places who have been researching SM for how long? Floyd could blow them (us) all out of the water by showing his dad up one or two..... but he won't- because his dad is just where he put Sharon and Michael.. but what he doesn't realize is that he does in fact have a paternal family out there somewhere, so why not see what we can all dig about his paternal family?

Floyd will pass on holding his tongue before he would EVER leave anything about his legacy regarding his paternal ancestry. What a legacy to add to ones paternal side... Though IIRC, his dad left without choice. "FD?" has a choice.. which he'll most likely waste. Even so, I would like to have some off topic info on his paternal side. Anyone have that?

jmo

From the book, it says his father was named Thomas H. Floyd, an alcoholic who died when he was 3 yrs old, or around that age. His mom was Jewel Floyd (Fowler), an alcoholic who became a prostitute. Siblings are Dorothy, Billy, Shirley, and Tommye. After this, the children were sent away. FDL didn't have a great start to life. His sister, I think it's Dorothy, did tell investigator Fitzpatrick many incriminating statements about her brother regarding his involvement in cases. Not much else in the book on the other siblings whereabouts or history. Maybe some of the genealogists here at WS can do some work with that info.

On the book "A Beautiful Child", I initially tried to order it off of Amazon so I could lend it out once finished, but it was canceled because they "lost" it. I then went to my public library and Inter-Library Loaned it for me, which I usually do with most books instead of buying them. I got the book in 3 days. No charge to you for this service at your library. Hope that helps. -K

The DNA testing on Christina Carter was delayed and only recently begun.
There were some problems with paperwork but were resolved.
Should hear something in a few weeks.
For those interested I've begun posting some of my files on Facebook. Go to A Beautiful Child. Autopsy report and photos are there now.

For those interested I've begun posting some of my files on Facebook. Go to A Beautiful Child. Autopsy report and photos are there now.

I was unable to find on facebook can someone post a link Please.

Displaying 1 - 10 out of over 500 results for: a beautiful child on facebook and still nothing what is this ?

If you come back, I can't find the page on FB either. Searched several terms in addition to "A Beautiful Child". Thanks in advance for any help you can give? :blowkiss:

hmm i did the same thing nothing i sent him a email on facebook to see whats up with that i know he does not come on ws often

Dear Matt,
While I am of the understanding that you have a full plate with much to do with your career as an Investigative reporter and
Book Author of very compelling and detailed story lines that spark an aria of emotions from your audience.
The emotional involvement of your book "A Beautiful Child"in particular as the mystery of Sharon Marshall true identity
is diligently researched by various sites on the Internet captivating the desire to know more and assist in the discovery
of her identity ......I appreciate your attentiveness to keep all informed of new developments and understand that while you may have intended to post new photos and other information that may be of some interest to your readers.....
It would be however understandable if you changed your mind......
I still appreciate your sharing information which I am sure is out of concern for others interested in Sharon's Case with extra efforts on your part that is time consuming.....
Respectfully
tuffy101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members