OK OK - Sheryl/Cheryl Denise Taylor, 12, Picher, July 1978

Looks like she just made it onto NamUs today. Her NamUs is unrestricted on my end now
Great! Now she's in NamUs. I feel like she's not the Iola Jane Doe. I don't think they would have added her to NamUs if it was her. Who knows though, with no confirmation we can't say for certain. Unfortunately they don't have new photo of her. Is there a way I can contact them with it?

I'm glad Cheryl has been added to NamUs. Now it would be time for her to be added to the doe network.
I'll submit her as a possible MP for addition. Haven't had much luck but it's worth trying.

Looks like she just made it onto NamUs today. Her NamUs is unrestricted on my end now
I think we can confirm that photo of Sheryl that was unconfirmed is her unless you added the "short" in hair description. It seems to be her as it looks like her and the hair description matches that of the photo.
sheryl-taylor-1978-jpg.398876

NamUs said they will review the photos and add them if deemed appropriate which they are so expect to see them on her NamUs in the coming days or weeks.

I just reached out to the Ottawa Sheriff's Dept and they haven't heard a word. ( they got back to me right away)

I just noticed too that she finally got into NamUs. Thank you for entering her!

I am also going to reach out to the news reporter that interviewed me, she has a lot of info about the case.

We will know very soon if Cheryl is the Iola Jane Doe. When I find out and I am able to make it public, I will post. If Cheryl is not Iola Jane Doe, I pray she is match to another Jane Doe so her family can have some closure.

Cheryl's profile was updated with the photo I found of her. Unfortunately not the 1978 one but we can't confirm it's of Cheryl as easily as the first one. My guess is they might ask a relative on if it's her.

I know and I'm ready to be patient. I just wanted to submit it just in case.
Sorry they didn't read it. I have been going back in forth with them for over a month, but it did take about a week for them to respond at first.
I think a few of your other possible matches of jane does with other cases look promising, have you heard back from anyone from those cases?

I turned one in 4 weeks ago about the Christmas FL Jane Doe to a girl missing in GA. They did message me back and said they passed it on to the detective handing the Jane Doe's case. I just messaged them again for an update and they said they are going to see if they pursued it or not.

Sorry they didn't read it. I have been going back in forth with them for over a month, but it did take about a week for them to respond at first.
I think a few of your other possible matches of jane does with other cases look promising, have you heard back from anyone from those cases?

I turned one in 4 weeks ago about the Christmas FL Jane Doe to a girl missing in GA. They did message me back and said they passed it on to the detective handing the Jane Doe's case. I just messaged them again for an update and they said they are going to see if they pursued it or not.
I turned in a match between Eklutna Annie and Lisa Sprague mainly due to a stunning resemblance, you can view it on her thread. I knew there was a large height difference but an exclusion never hurts. Nothing back yet.

I turned in a match with Andria Bailey and the Valencia Jane Doe. Nothing on this one yet. I get it though, LE are very busy and will get to it when they can. Who knows, they may just be waiting on DNA results.

I turned in matches with the Palm Beach Jane Doe including Babette Alberti and Angela Ambrocio. Both were declined by Doe Network. I kind of get why in Babette's case but I don't understand why in Angela's.

I sent in a match between the Tucson Jane Doe and Pinky Redman. This match was submitted years ago but not followed up on due to mismatched identifiers. We finally got her ruled out in January and this was added to NamUs.

I submitted a match between The Cheerleader in the Trunk and Janice Fullam, I am emailing Doe Network to see if it was sent to LE or not. Hope it was.

I sent a match between Little Miss X and Carol Batterman, this was ruled out by dentals.

That's all the large updates. Back to Sheryl now. I got an email back from NamUs and it's the usual email you get which means they'll look into it. Also, may I ask who you submitted as Christmas Doe?

I turned in a match between Eklutna Annie and Lisa Sprague mainly due to a stunning resemblance, you can view it on her thread. I knew there was a large height difference but an exclusion never hurts. Nothing back yet.

I turned in a match with Andria Bailey and the Valencia Jane Doe. Nothing on this one yet. I get it though, LE are very busy and will get to it when they can. Who knows, they may just be waiting on DNA results.

I turned in matches with the Palm Beach Jane Doe including Babette Alberti and Angela Ambrocio. Both were declined by Doe Network. I kind of get why in Babette's case but I don't understand why in Angela's.

I sent in a match between the Tucson Jane Doe and Pinky Redman. This match was submitted years ago but not followed up on due to mismatched identifiers. We finally got her ruled out in January and this was added to NamUs.

I submitted a match between The Cheerleader in the Trunk and Janice Fullam, I am emailing Doe Network to see if it was sent to LE or not. Hope it was.

I sent a match between Little Miss X and Carol Batterman, this was ruled out by dentals.

That's all the large updates. Back to Sheryl now. I got an email back from NamUs and it's the usual email you get which means they'll look into it. Also, may I ask who you submitted as Christmas Doe?
I’m local to where Janice Fullam disappeared from in 1981. I doubt she’s a Jane Doe and I think her “friends” know where she is, I don’t think she ever left Smithtown

I’m local to where Janice Fullam disappeared from in 1981. I doubt she’s a Jane Doe and I think her “friends” know where she is, I don’t think she ever left Smithtown
Yeah I heard back and it's probably not her, due to dental inconsistencies. They also said "Janice's case reads more like foul play closer to home". Not sure what that means. I'll post this on Janice's thread then. In terms of other Jane Doe's, I think it's safe not to make assumptions as who knows, she could be alive but she couldn't either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back