Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

Anyone with knowledge of the crime that was about to take place that day who intentionally assisted in some way, even if they weren’t present, could be charged with Accessory to Murder.

“According to Alabama law, someone can be found guilty of being an accessory to a crime only if they assist another “with the intent to promote or assist the commission of the offense.”

This is Oklahoma not Alabama and I don't understand why some posters accuse the sitters of being in on the murder conspiracy.

One reason for this could be because the sitters participated in the Misfit meetings and let their house be used sometimes for meetings.

So if I participate in some type of group meetings and am asked by a group member to babysit over night and the guardian of the kids commits murder, I hope I am not accused of being involved in the murder conspiracy.

This is Oklahoma not Alabama and I don't understand why some posters accuse the sitters of being in on the murder conspiracy.

One reason for this could be because the sitters participated in the Misfit meetings and let their house be used sometimes for meetings.

So if I participate in some type of group meetings and am asked by a group member to babysit over night and the guardian of the kids commits murder, I hope I am not accused of being involved in the murder conspiracy.

It appears Accessory to Murder indictment is standard pretty much everywhere. But if there’s no proof of others knowingly facilitating the murdering plot which occurred….well, then there’s no evidence to base Accessory to Murder charges on.

Has LE announced they’ve concluded their investigation? I don’t think we know.

JMO

It appears Accessory to Murder indictment is standard pretty much everywhere. But if there’s no proof of others knowingly facilitating the murdering plot which occurred….well, then there’s no evidence to base Accessory to Murder charges on.

Has LE announced they’ve concluded their investigation? I don’t think we know.

JMO

I believe the investigation is on going. The prosecution gets all this charging information from LE and then they have their own investigators go out and interview witnesses and investigate all evidence like surveillance videos, police reports, medical reports, phone data, computer data...on and on

It would depend on what was discussed at the meeting. If they were at the planning meetings for this crime and agreed to babysit so TA could participate - they they could be considered part of the plot.

It would depend on what was discussed at the meeting. If they were at the planning meetings for this crime and agreed to babysit so TA could participate - they they could be considered part of the plot.

If the sitters knew nothing of the murder plot wouldn’t it be highly unusual, even worrisome, when the children weren’t picked up by TA for the regular visitation with their mother? Did they reach out to TA that morning? Otherwise I’d be curious about what arrangements were in place.

“Butler was granted court-ordered visitation every Saturday…”

Is it normal for a coop to advance someone that much money?
Yes. Farming is largely financed by loans. The loans get paid once the product is harvested and sold.

Better hurry and call in their loans, these defendants are not farming unless they have people farming for them.

If the sitters knew nothing of the murder plot wouldn’t it be highly unusual, even worrisome, when the children weren’t picked up by TA for the regular visitation with their mother? Did they reach out to TA that morning? Otherwise I’d be curious about what arrangements were in place.

“Butler was granted court-ordered visitation every Saturday…”

Adams lied and said that Butler called off the visitation according to the arrest affidavit.

Adams lied and said that Butler called off the visitation according to the arrest affidavit.

Yes according to TA that occurred during a call she made to VB at 9am but we don’t know if she passed on that same last minute lie on to the Cole’s or if it was prearranged that they wouldn’t be visiting their mother. I would expect this is another aspect that is being investigated. JMO

There woul
Yes according to TA that occurred during a call she made to VB at 9am but we don’t know if she passed on that same last minute lie on to the Cole’s or if it was prearranged that they wouldn’t be visiting their mother. I would expect this is another aspect that is being investigated. JMO
There would be a specific reason for Tifany to ask the Cole's to babysit overnight...Murder as we know it....but some excuse she would have given to the Cole's which I doubt was murder.

Too risky. Too risky one of the Cole's would have a conscience and be against murder and would call the cops.

Better to keep them out of the loop.

Apparently, a few people were aware that Tiffany would "take care of the problem" but knowing this isn't enough to charge them.

Too bad no one tried to stop her.

2 Cents

The babysitter's were the Cook's, not the Coles. :)

The affidavit also specifically names a "Barret and Lacy Cook," saying that Butler's kids stayed the night with them the day before she went missing. It also says that the group would regularly have their God's Misfits anti-government meetings at the Cooks' house.

Hearsay not proof
I personally think the Cooks knew what was going on, perhaps not the nitty gritty details, but the general plan. We know Cora was openly discussing it with or in front of her daughter and I can't believe that any of inner circle misfits were from similar discussions.

Whether there is an proof of this is another story, but I don't think we've heard the last of the Cooks. Perhaps they will be willing witnesses against the others or maybe they will testify on their behalf. Or maybe they, too, will be telling the court they can't afford an attorney while wearing orange jumpsuits.

Time will tell.

I personally think the Cooks knew what was going on, perhaps not the nitty gritty details, but the general plan. We know Cora was openly discussing it with or in front of her daughter and I can't believe that any of inner circle misfits were from similar discussions.

Whether there is an proof of this is another story, but I don't think we've heard the last of the Cooks. Perhaps they will be willing witnesses against the others or maybe they will testify on their behalf. Or maybe they, too, will be telling the court they can't afford an attorney while wearing orange jumpsuits.

Time will tell.

The one who knew is Wrangler, from what he said in the PCA....2 Cents

He denied he said it, thus it is hearsay

Better hurry and call in their loans, these defendants are not farming unless they have people farming for them.
The son and daughter could be managing the land, they may also have hired hands or other family members willing to oversee the cattle, crops and harvest. On the previously mentioned suit, they are usually not filed unless a payment or several have been missed. Charging fuel, seed and feed is not that unusual nor is the balance.

Won't the defendants still have access to the full report via their discovery requests to the prosecution? I'm under the impression that the motion to extend the time to withhold the full report is to withhold it from public access. If there are plea deals being negotiated, I don't see how the defendants could fully negotiate without having access to the full report...?
BBM
Can any of you speak to plea deals being negotiated this soon, without even the arraignments being held? Seems awfully quick, idk, I’m not in the legal field. Curious what others think. TIA
MOO

BBM
Can any of you speak to plea deals being negotiated this soon, without even the arraignments being held? Seems awfully quick, idk, I’m not in the legal field. Curious what others think. TIA
MOO
Well, I don't think we really know if there are any plea deals being negotiated. My comment earlier was just geared at the idea of defendants needing all information, if pleas were to be negotiated. That said, I don't know how quickly those discussions begin, if they begin at all in this case..

A few things that have caught my eye that haven't been discussed...

The prosecution has filed an *amended* motion to withhold the full medical examiner's report. I speculate that the only "amendment" to this is to also stipulate that the full report is also withheld from the family, not just the general public as in the original motion.

Also, there have been a few extra filings only in TA's case, which I assume mean her attorney filed these and not the prosecution. Anyone have these docs? Very interested in what the Motion to Prohibit Extrajudicial Statements says. The public defenders already have a policy of not speaking to the media...

05/10/2024 TEXTMOTION TO PRESERVE EVIDENCE
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
05/10/2024 TEXTMOTION TO PROHIBIT EXTRAJUDICIAL STATEMENTS
05/10/2024 TEXTMOTION TO SEAL WARRANTS

The babysitter's were the Cook's, not the Coles. :)

The affidavit also specifically names a "Barret and Lacy Cook," saying that Butler's kids stayed the night with them the day before she went missing. It also says that the group would regularly have their God's Misfits anti-government meetings at the Cooks' house.
Not only are the Cooks, (AKA the babysitters) members of the misfits, but are they not also in-laws to the Twomblys? I believe it was stated in an earlier post that their daughter is married to Cole T.’s son.

Also, there have been a few extra filings only in TA's case, which I assume mean her attorney filed these and not the prosecution. Anyone have these docs? Very interested in what the Motion to Prohibit Extrajudicial Statements says. The public defenders already have a policy of not speaking to the media...

I would assume this would be to make sure none of the other attorneys give interviews, answer reporters asking questions outside the courthouse, etc.

Three of the defendants have attorneys appointed, they are chosen through the OIDS system and likely already understand the policy of the OIDS, even if they may not be bound by it.

However, Tad has a private attorney who may well be the type who is inclined to disseminate information through interviews, statements on the courthouse steps, etc. This motion, if granted, will mean she will be absolutely barred from doing so and risks sanctions if it happens as will all other attorneys, their assistants, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann
Back