Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

Recap of what was found at burial site.
Inside (chest freezer) were the bodies of Veronica Butler and Jilian Kelley, who had been missing since March 30.
“Personal items" were located in the hole after the bodies were removed. "These items did not belong to Butler or Kelley," an OSBI agent wrote.

Seized as evidence at the burial site were
Wrangler blue jeans
sweatshirts
T-shirts
a black jacket
cloth gloves
ball caps
duct tape
a sheathed black KA-BAR knife
black saw handle
two ratchet straps
“black taser/flashlight"
electrical cord
small black tape

All were described as "with possible blood."
All of those items are a prosecution’s dream as far as DNA harvesting! Those 5 have left so darn much evidence, they couldn’t get out of these charges if they spent millions of dollars on lawyers!
MOO

Last edited:
But we have not heard the actual words, have we?
I wondered in the beginning if she would twist it up with the pedophile relative of VB

Taking responsibility is a legal term and it means what it says. She admits to committing the murders.

She implicated herself, whether or not she implicates others is also a posibility....2 Cents

Yes, I was wondering similar! Will be interested to know if that was a brand new purchased deep freezer…… with in-store video and receipts…… or, perhaps…… it has some prior history and needed to be ‘dumped’ for other reasons? Maybe some prior activities by TA and crew?

Unless maybe they thought the deep freezer would help with reducing or eliminating decomposition odor? But I thought IIRC that they placed the victims and items at the ‘dirtiest’ spot of that farm? (IANAL or a farmer….. so not sure of the correct terminology. But for the record, I have mucked a barn or two….. long time back.) MOO
I wouldn't put it past this group to have purchased a freezer just for this, but it's also likely that they used one that was already in their possession. Hunters and anyone who butchers their own meat (or has it done locally) would likely have a least one large freezer around, maybe more.

IMO I think they were using it to try to minimize decomp odors. The depth & location of the hole both seem to be aimed at deterring wild animals and/or search dogs from finding the bodies due the smell, a freezer might have been another attempt at this. From what I know of cadaver dogs I'm not sure their attempts would have thwarted them, but you never know.

And yes, sadly, if either of the victims was still alive at the time of the burial this would have ensured they couldn't dig their way out. I hate even thinking about that, but I wouldn't be surprised by anything they did at this point.

This case just gets more heinous as we go. I feel so sorry for VB & JK and their loved ones.

Inside (chest freezer) were the bodies of Veronica Butler and Jilian Kelley, who had been missing since March 30.
“Personal items" were located in the hole after the bodies were removed. "These items did not belong to Butler or Kelley," an OSBI agent wrote.

Wrangler blue jeans
sweatshirts
T-shirts
a black jacket
cloth gloves
ball caps
duct tape
black saw handle
two ratchet straps
“black taser/flashlight"
electrical cord
small black tape

All of those items are a prosecution’s dream as far as DNA harvesting! Those 5 have left so darn much evidence, they couldn’t get out of these charges if they spent millions of dollars on lawyers!
MOO

Good point.

I was thinking of the defendants' leaving fingerprints on some found items but yes you are correct that blood on the articles would harvest DNA.

So let's say VB's blood/DNA is found on the clothing, then LE can try to prove that this is the defendant's clothing. Or if found on the knife, then LE can try to tie the knife to the defendants, etc...

2 Cents

items at Burial Site. TASER? STUN GUN?

Wrangler blue jeans
sweatshirts
T-shirts
a black jacket
cloth gloves
ball caps
duct tape
black saw handle
two ratchet straps
“black taser/flashlight"
electrical cord
small black tape

MOO
@Error505 TYVM for your post w list of items LE recovered at the burial site.
Puzzling or interesting or both that today's DM* and todays's NN's story** did not mention the “black taser/flashlight." Or I missed it?

Caught my attn, as early on there was discussion about TA's STUN GUNS purchase. I recall some confusion in posts here about stun guns and TASERS, which are entirely diff weapons.

I wonder if reporter might have mistakenly written TASER instead of stun gun.
Or did list w “black taser/flashlight" come directly from LE written release?

Omission may have no significance. IDK

Regardless, recovery of those items is TERRIFIC for the prosecution. :)

** May 21 "Warrants stated that several items of note were found at the burial site,... include jeans, sweatshirts, tee shirts, a black jacket, cloth gloves, ball caps, duct tape and a sheathed black knife." (sbm)

I wonder if there's any significance to that, not being mentioned in DM or in NN. IDK. I did not compare lists item-for-item w ^ post or other sources.

The black ka-bar knife that was found is a fairly expensive knife. See sample pic of “black sheathed ka-bar knives”. Blades are up to 7 inches long, priced easily at $200-$300 and up. Ka-bar knives were standard issue to USMC (marines) until after WWII. Then a company in Canada got the contract.
And IIRC, isn’t Ka-Bar the same brand of knife which the accused suspect Bryan Kohberger is alleged to have used in the Idaho slayings of four (4) college students? MOO

Good point.

I was thinking of the defendants' leaving fingerprints on some found items but yes you are correct that blood on the articles would harvest DNA.

So let's say VB's blood/DNA is found on the clothing, then LE can try to prove that this is the defendant's clothing. Or if found on the knife, then LE can try to tie the knife to the defendants, etc...

2 Cents
I would think that whomever was wearing the clothing would have left their DNA on the inside of the garment. Just putting your clothes on leaves traces of skin cells, etc. I doubt these suspects were smart enough to think about sweat, skin cells and hairs and put on hazmat suits under their clothing.

I would think that whomever was wearing the clothing would have left their DNA on the inside of the garment. Just putting your clothes on leaves traces of skin cells, etc. I doubt these suspects were smart enough to think about sweat, skin cells and hairs and put on hazmat suits under their clothing.

Really good point....In that case I give it a 95% chance that a murderer left a DNA sample behind on a piece of their clothing.

This is Oklahoma not Alabama and I don't understand why some posters accuse the sitters of being in on the murder conspiracy.

One reason for this could be because the sitters participated in the Misfit meetings and let their house be used sometimes for meetings.

So if I participate in some type of group meetings and am asked by a group member to babysit over night and the guardian of the kids commits murder, I hope I am not accused of being involved in the murder conspiracy.
From OP's quoted post,

Anyone with knowledge of the crime that was about to take place that day who intentionally assisted in some way, even if they weren’t present, could be charged...

I believe the key words here are "intentionally assisted in some way."

Otherwise, pursuant to the Fifth Amendment, nationwide, it's generally not a criminal offense to remain silent about a crime, and no legal duty for the sitters, for example, to warn others of a crime. (Same does not apply to mandatory reporters).

To be clear, legal duty and moral duty are not one in the same. It's a fact that some individuals have no sense of morality whatsoever.

Also, while remaining silent is a constitutional right and not a criminal act, but if the sitters were later interviewed by LE, and provided false statements, lying to a government official is a crime and punishable according to the Statute. To my knowledge, there's no evidence tying the sitters to the murder conspiracy. MOO

Last edited:
I’m so taken aback by this freezer information.

As awful as this has been from the start, this aspect reveals so much, IMO, about how truly evil they all are. How they concocted this plot with so much venomous planning in advance.

Thank God the women were found and even though it was too late to save them, TA and her acolytes were discovered.

items at Burial Site. TASER? STUN GUN?

@Error505 TYVM for your post w list of items LE recovered at the burial site.
Puzzling or interesting or both that today's DM* and todays's NN's story** did not mention the “black taser/flashlight." Or I missed it?

Caught my attn, as early on there was discussion about TA's STUN GUNS purchase. I recall some confusion in posts here about stun guns and TASERS, which are entirely diff weapons.

I wonder if reporter might have mistakenly written TASER instead of stun gun.
Or did list w “black taser/flashlight" come directly from LE written release?

Omission may have no significance. IDK

Regardless, recovery of those items is TERRIFIC for the prosecution. :)

** May 21 "Warrants stated that several items of note were found at the burial site,... include jeans, sweatshirts, tee shirts, a black jacket, cloth gloves, ball caps, duct tape and a sheathed black knife." (sbm)

I wonder if there's any significance to that, not being mentioned in DM or in NN. IDK. I did not compare lists item-for-item w ^ post or other sources.
Nice catch @al66pine
“Black taser/flashlight” was listed in The Oklahoman article which AOL quoted. The Oklahoman is behind a paywall, only reason I didn’t reference it. I listed it below + a **ss of the list.
EBM **Screenshot isn’t loading, I’ll keep trying.
Check out this article from The Oklahoman:
Grisly new details emerge from Oklahoma Panhandle double-murder investigation
https://www.oklahoman.com/story/new...re-found-in-freezer-osbi-reveals/73721767007/

#Justice4Suzanne
#EndDomesticViolence

Last edited:
unless the point of burial in the freezer was to make sure a living victim(s) had enough time to suffer for their "sins" before dying I cannot for the life of me figure the use of the freezer in this mess of a crime. There is a reason the ME report is sealed to the public. Wondering if the freezer has anything to do with that. SPECULATION ONLY
I believe the bodies were stored in the deep freezer until night fall, and were later buried in darkness. MOO

unless the point of burial in the freezer was to make sure a living victim(s) had enough time to suffer for their "sins" before dying I cannot for the life of me figure the use of the freezer in this mess of a crime. There is a reason the ME report is sealed to the public. Wondering if the freezer has anything to do with that. SPECULATION ONLY

There is one very good reason for burying their victims in that freezer.

Cadaver dogs.

They used hay for cows to graze over the buried freezer. This was long thought out.

2 Cents

Sydney Batzlaff obtained 12 search warrants. Docs linked in article

This is interesting, and if we knew this already, I forgot it. "According to the documents, when Cullum was arrested at his home on April 13, Paul Grice was with him.
FBI agents spoke with Grice and noticed he had a bandaged pinky. Grice told officials he cut his finger while working on his pickup."

Also this: "Documents reveal Cora Twombly’s daughter was made to clean the interior of the pickup truck after Cora and Cole returned from the “mission.” A friend of the daughter’s also helped clean the pickup and observed a stain the friend thought might be blood."

That was the first I heard that a friend of the daughter was also involved in cleaning the pickup. So they not only made their own kid do it, but someone else's, too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back