Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

From the newschannel10.com article above, and earlier mentions: "Documents state on April 18, a witness told authorities that Grice came to his house on April 17 and asked about several things, including processing DNA evidence, how long DNA would last in dirt and more. Grice also asked the witness “how to get a ‘guy and his family’ into Mexico.”"

What kind of friend does one have that one would think might know these things?

MAY 21, 2024
[...]

According to search warrants, OSBI also found bloody clothing, a k-bar knife, the handle of a saw and a taser.

Wrangler blue jeans with black belt with possible blood
Brown sweatshirt with possible blood
Black hooded sweatshirt with possible blood
Wrangler blue jeans with possible blood
Reddish-pink hooded sweatshirt with possible blood
Roll of duct tape with possible blood
Pair of white Ariat socks with possible blood
Grey t-shirt with possible blood
Black handle of saw
8 wet swabs
Two Ratchet straps
Carhart black jacket with possible blood
Cloth glove with possible blood
Black k-bar knife in sheath with possible blood
Grey ball cap with possible blood
Pair of cloth gloves with possible blood
Blue/grey Sketcher tennis shoes with possible blood
Tan Ariat shoes with possible blood
Black taser/flashlight
Grey Dickies t-shirt with possible blood
Electrical cord and small black tape

[...]

On April 18, a witness said Grice came to his home the day before and asked several peculiar questions ...

Grice told the witness he was concerned about his DNA being in the hole that Butler and Kelley were found in because he had been to the Twombly’s house.

OSBI received a tip on April 19 from someone who said he saw Grice on March 30-31 with a bandaged right hand. Grice told him that he cut it while cutting fencing.

[...]

And IIRC, isn’t Ka-Bar the same brand of knife which the accused suspect Bryan Kohberger is alleged to have used in the Idaho slayings of four (4) college students? MOO
Yes.
FYI: I’m an occasional USMC store shopper and recently noticed you can no longer just order a Ka-Bar from the uniform shop, you have to call them. Sounds like they may be screening customers.

Yes.
FYI: I’m an occasional USMC store shopper and recently noticed you can no longer just order a Ka-Bar from the uniform shop, you have to call them. Sounds like they may be screening customers.
I tried buying sunscreen at Target today, and that's all locked up too. I only have an hour lunch and gave up! JMO

MAY 21, 2024
[...]

According to search warrants, OSBI also found bloody clothing, a k-bar knife, the handle of a saw and a taser.

Black handle of saw

I wonder what happened to the blade of that saw?

MAY 21, 2024
[...]

Black handle of saw
8 wet swabs
Two Ratchet straps
Black taser/flashlight

[...]

On April 18, a witness said Grice came to his home the day before and asked several peculiar questions ...

Grice told the witness he was concerned about his DNA being in the hole that Butler and Kelley were found in because he had been to the Twombly’s house.

OSBI received a tip on April 19 from someone who said he saw Grice on March 30-31 with a bandaged right hand. Grice told him that he cut it while cutting fencing.

[...]
So Paul Grice was not only still hanging out with the other misfits when they were getting arrested, but then goes to another friend and essentially implicates himself with his oh-so-casual questions about his DNA at the burial site and options for fleeing to Mexico?!?

There should be extra charges for these misfits just for sheer stupidity. So far we discovered they shopped locally for weapons, didn't understand what "burner phones" are or how cell phones are tracked, told lies that were ridiculously easy to disprove, googled a variety of elements of the murders as well as other attempted crimes, talked openly about the murder plot & their actions in front of others and had other people clean up potential evidence. And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I've missed some of their other brilliant moves.

What kind of friend does one have that one would think might know these things?
sbm -- a Websleuths member?

The items found tells a whole story and is bad enough, but something is even worse that they won't release it for six months. I'm wondering if they were tortured but the actual cause of death was suffocation. I've been expecting the worst since the girls were found knowing these cold evil dumba33e3 were responsible :(

I wonder what happened to the blade of that saw?
Interesting question.
There is also the mystery of the pistol that belonged to the magazine that was found at the abduction site.
The search warrant affidavit listed above for the burial site lists a Taurus Handgun, .380 cal with silver slide and black handle supposedly loaded with a shell in the chamber and full magazine of 380 JHP cartridges but no mention is made of it being listed among the items recovered. That could logically be the gun that Kelley was carrying IMO.

Last edited:

From SW 2024-6 (Beasley Property leased by Tad Cullum):​

1716369112315.png

What Is a Deadly Weapon in Oklahoma?​

Oklahoma defines deadly weapons as any instrument designed or constructed to cause death or great bodily injuries. This includes a pistol, revolver, dagger, Bowie knife, dirk knife, switchblade or some type of spring type knife, sword cane, knife having a blade which opens automatically, Black Jack or loaded cane, billy club, or metal knuckles.

The entire point or purpose of the use of the deadly weapon is to cause death or great bodily injury. That's one of the big differences that we see in the assault and battery with a deadly weapon, as compared to assault battery with a dangerous weapon.

Interesting question.
There is also the mystery of the pistol that belonged to the magazine that was found at the abduction site.
The search warrant affidavit listed above for the burial site lists a Taurus Handgun, .380 cal with silver slide and black handle supposedly loaded with a shell in the chamber and full magazine of 380 JHP cartridges but no mention is made of it being listed among the items recovered. That could logically be the gun that Kelley was carrying IMO.

I agree. From the return warrant (and the AA), only a stun gun was confirmed recovered from the burial location:

1716370196842.png

I wouldn't put it past this group to have purchased a freezer just for this, but it's also likely that they used one that was already in their possession. Hunters and anyone who butchers their own meat (or has it done locally) would likely have a least one large freezer around, maybe more.

IMO I think they were using it to try to minimize decomp odors. The depth & location of the hole both seem to be aimed at deterring wild animals and/or search dogs from finding the bodies due the smell, a freezer might have been another attempt at this. From what I know of cadaver dogs I'm not sure their attempts would have thwarted them, but you never know.

And yes, sadly, if either of the victims was still alive at the time of the burial this would have ensured they couldn't dig their way out. I hate even thinking about that, but I wouldn't be surprised by anything they did at this point.

This case just gets more heinous as we go. I feel so sorry for VB & JK and their loved ones.
Farmers and ranchers often keep old broken chest type freezer in the barn to store feed for horses and livestock. It keeps the feed safe from varmints.

All we need is for one of them to have left a finger print ... Just one print.

Game over. Expect pleas....2 Cents
With all the blood evidence found buried in the freezer that didn't belong to victims, they won't need a fingerprint IMO. They'll have all the DNA they need to put this group of devilish misfits away forever. Of course we also know they weren't smart enough to wipe anything down either so they will have finger prints no doubt.

JMO

Interesting question.

Thanks ksfarmer8 for the nice summary. I too, have been wondering of the supposed pistol JK was believed to be carrying. Now reading your summary again, I wonder if JK did have it with her that day, and TA and the gang might have kept it? I won’t speculate why here. :( MOO

Interesting question.

That pistol must be hidden in Tifany’s or Tad’s hay barn. Someone needs to take a metal detector and climb through the bales. The greedy monsters just couldn’t throw it away.

That pistol must be hidden in Tifany’s or Tad’s hay barn. Someone needs to take a metal detector and climb through the bales. The greedy monsters just couldn’t throw it away.
Or it was taken and sold as an individual to an individual. Where I live handguns can be sold between individuals without registration of serial numbers, etc. so no records through an FFL. A hay barn might be a good hiding place, but I suspect the homes of the 5 have been searched. So, if it has not been found, I suspect it has been passed on - gifted or sold. You'd think this description might make someone come forward. OR, equally, I suppose, alert the recipient the gun is hot and make them pass it along or keep hidden well.

MAY 21, 2024
[...]

Black handle of saw
8 wet swabs
Two Ratchet straps
Black taser/flashlight

[...]

[...]
Wasn’t it Grice that worked as a butcher? My mind can’t go here, but I doubt those ladies both fit intact into that freezer.

Near the property, which was around 8.5 miles from where Butler's abandoned car was found, a hole had been dug and filled in with concrete. On April 14, the freezer was found near the site with the bodies inside it.

Grice told the agents he hurt himself working on his truck, according to KATV.

A witness came forward on April 18 and told law enforcement that Grice asked several specific questions including:
  • How long would it take to process DNA evidence?
  • How long would DNA last in dirt if it was being “churned?”
  • Do you know how to get a “guy and his family” into Mexico?
Grice told the witness he was concerned his DNA would be in the hole with the bodies because he was in the Twombly’s home, the outlet reported, citing the court records

I can't stop thinking about that Saturday night. None of it is literal, just my imagination running away with this atrocious crime because I still cannot fathom who these people think they are.

On Saturday morning, this miscreant 5 had gathered up their equipment, donned their murder garb and set out on their kill mission, each according to their assigned role. In short order, they intercepted the blue Kia, kidnapped VB and JK, apparently with much violence and bloodshed, then confined them in another vehicle and transported them, along with - or perhaps inside of - a chest freezer, to a large and deep pre-dug hole on rented pasture land 8 miles away.

Once there, the miscreant 5 first stripped out of their murder garb and tossed it and most of the assorted tools, implements and accessories of mayhem, torture and murder into the hole.

(I mean, were they all standing around the edge in their underwear, or was that handy stock trailer not only hiding the chest freezer but also acting as a changing room?)

The kill mission then wrapped up with the chest freezer, now a coffin, being pushed, pulled, dumped or leveraged into the hole. Backfilling was completed and hay was scattered loosely over the fresh soil.

All in a day's work. Not even a day. Planned for weeks, accomplished in hours.

How do you go on with your day? How did that Saturday end?

I see them sitting around in the same space that night, bluffing it up, preaching the moral high ground, swelling with righteousness, assuring each other. Reliving the big plays, talking could've, would've, should've. Didn't go quite as planned, but still knocked it out of the park. Plus we buried all the evidence, too. Powerful BS, that.

Were Veronica's children sound asleep in another room?

The only truth is those horrifying things they'll never be able to unsee, unhear or undo. There is no other truth. JMO.

I don't know what I'm trying to say. It's so hard to accept that people like this exist. I wish they didn't.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craftymom74
Back