OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarbrough School sent this letter home to the parents on Monday, April 1. The vehicle was found abandoned very nearby the school, and Veronica Butler graduated from this school in 2015. With so little info being released, as a precaution, the school is on lock down.
View attachment 494339
For clarification, police report the vehicle was located South of Elkhart, KS at Road L and OK Hwy 95, and the school is located as follows:

Physical Address:
8 MI S ON HWY 95
GOODWELL, OK 73939-9601

Mailing Address:
RT 1 BOX 31
GOODWELL, OK 73939-9601

ETA: To get a feel for the area, I drove the Google Car from intersection of Road L/OK Hwy 95 to Yarbrough School and there is nothing in sight to come to the aid of the missing women. :(

It seems at this point, it would be helpful for LE to release the exact location in Four Corners OK where the exchange of the children was to take place, so any witnesses could recall if they saw anything. Usually these exchanges take place in public - often at a CPS office, but also often at a restaurant or other building where others are present.

Children aren't exchanged somewhere out on an abandoned roadway, like where the car was located.

These OCSN files (link below) are almost...unbearable. ya know.... those times when we actually feel "dirty" after reading..

The case that begins way back in 2019..... these parents were basically kids. So some behaviors are pretty understandable.

BUT There is SO much legal activity and spending. My guess is that the father of VB children is getting massive amounts of money and influence from someone who has lots of lawyer friends.

In the end, imo, this woman VB was "legally abused".

I don't know that I entirely agree, after reading through the documents, I would have spent massive amounts of money as well even if I didn't have it, there was an order being ignored by VB that 100% should not have been. I get why the father was concerned and he seemed more than capable of dragging everything through court things were going his way why stop.

It seems at this point, it would be helpful for LE to release the exact location in Four Corners OK where the exchange of the children was to take place, so any witnesses could recall if they saw anything. Usually these exchanges take place in public - often at a CPS office, but also often at a restaurant or other building where others are present.

Children aren't exchanged somewhere out on an abandoned roadway, like where the car was located.

It's baffling to me, considering there are small towns a few miles down the road, that they would have chosen some completely vacant intersection to exchange children in a very contested custody case. But even so, how about a time when the exchange was to take place, and a description of BOTH cars involved? So there's some hope someone else might have witnessed what happened?

edited to add: apparently they were going to a home, not just to the side of the highway, per this recent article:

Last edited:
Reading through the custody battle documents kept me on my exercise bike an entire hour. Wow. What a mess. I agree with @MassGuy a big change in the custody arrangement was likely to be occurring in 2 weeks… perhaps Veronica no longer required supervision when with her children. I can only see a tragic outcome. Makes me so angry.
ETA I know I’m jumping to conclusions but stranger abduction/murder is far less likely than being murdered by someone that we know.

It's baffling to me, considering there are small towns a few miles down the road, that they would have chosen some completely vacant intersection to exchange children in a very contested custody case. But even so, how about a time when the exchange was to take place, and a description of BOTH cars involved? So there's some hope someone else might have witnessed what happened?

edited to add: apparently they were going to a home, not just to the side of the highway, per this recent article:
Possibly the home they were going to was down a really rough or muddy dirt road nearby and the residents of the home volunteered to bring the kids out to the main road for the exchange so the women didn't have to negotiate the un-maintained road in a small car? That's about the only reason I can imagine that they would have intentionally decided to do the exchange there at the intersection.

Possibly the home they were going to was down a really rough or muddy dirt road nearby and the residents of the home volunteered to bring the kids out to the main road for the exchange so the women didn't have to negotiate the un-maintained road in a small car? That's about the only reason I can imagine that they would have intentionally decided to do the exchange there at the intersection.
The 11-30-2023 Order entered by the Court specifies Four Corners as the pickup location. See: OSCN Case Details

Yeah I think there is a lot of misinformation going on. Them just picking the kids up at the guardians house makes a whole lot more sense than them just meeting at a location just a few miles away from the house.

I hope one of them had a phone with them, and the authorities are trying to locate pings. IMO, I don't think this will have a good outcome. I'd like to know more details about who the children are with and the reason behind getting a supervised visit. Was this her first planned supervised visit? Tight-lipped law makes me think they know more than they can tell and are working hard to solve this.
Contested child custody, very dangerous. Assume they are looking at the father.

The 11-30-2023 Order entered by the Court specifies Four Corners as the pickup location. See: OSCN Case Details
<modsnip: no link no discussion>. I cannot link the document, because now the links (for me) are showing 'case does not exist'. Are you still able to get in?
Weird... the FB page I pulled for VB last night is also gone now.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: no link no discussion>. I cannot link the document, because now the links (for me) are showing 'case does not exist'. Are you still able to get in?
I still have my tab open, do you remember the date?

There are a couple of homes and what looks like a business or two at Four Corners.
FWIW I do not think anything happened right there.
If the exact meeting location was further off the road, and something happened to them there, the Kia may have been driven up to where it was found. This would be extremely risky as, of course LE would be going to the drop off location to see if Butler and Kelley had ever arrived and the time. The children would also be questioned. If LE was told the children were not there, there would have to be an explanation for that.
I don’t think they ever made it that far. I think Butler and Kelley were accosted closer to where the vehicle was found.
Hopefully, vehicle, watch, and cellphone data will soon provide more answers.

This article now says the vehicle was found abandoned NEAR Hwy 95.

What is the source for the 9:30 a.m. time? Is that when they left Hugoton?

Who saw them last and where?

From the article:

"...last seen together in a vehicle later found abandoned in a rural area near the highway."

Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP) reported an Endangered Missing Advisory on Saturday around 6:15 P.M.

The link that's been shared here on case details is now showing

"CASE NOT FOUND" - case number is invalid or does not exist.

It seems the last few years of court info has been blocked from viewing now. What I read was legal ping pong. My parents did this. It got old quickly. I hope everyone is found safe and sound but I have a bad feeling. The poor children. Ugh

It seems the last few years of court info has been blocked from viewing now. What I read was legal ping pong. My parents did this. It got old quickly. I hope everyone is found safe and sound but I have a bad feeling. The poor children. Ugh
Absolutely. Not to mention Ms. Kelley, whose only sin it seems was to try to mediate visitation. I need a stiff drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member