OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I have so many questions…Was it common for JK to accompany other women for supervised visits? How did she know VB? How far ahead was this visitation planned? It seems to be an assumption that VB was the target, but maybe she wasn’t. The information released so far could apply to two very different angles…VB as the target, but also JK being the target.

I wondered this too...Was JK's job a paid gig? Or was this a type of ministry she did?

I have so many questions…Was it common for JK to accompany other women for supervised visits? How did she know VB? How far ahead was this visitation planned? It seems to be an assumption that VB was the target, but maybe she wasn’t. The information released so far could apply to two very different angles…VB as the target, but also JK being the target.

She was a preachers wife. It is completely normal for individuals in that position to help people out. Sometimes even when they probably shouldn't. Most people would probably look at the situation Veronica was in and say they wouldn't want to be anywhere near that drama. But with Jillian being in the position that she was within her community she probably felt it was her obligation to help out.

This is more just curiosity on my part - Would Jilian have been paid to accompany Veronica? Or was child supervision a type of ministry she performed? It does not seem that the two were friends, just acquaintances.
That’s what I had remembered hearing, too … Heard it stated V & J were not friends, I mean.

That being the case, isn’t it possible Grandma may not even have known J’s phone number (to have potentially made that call to J, specifically)?

All speculation & MOO.

Two true-crime YouTubers, known by their channel “Rock_Chalk_Jayhawks,” recently searched an abandoned home, saying someone sent them a tip about checking a property in that area.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that people are out there looking since there seem to be so few physical searches. But I have big, big concerns about the way any old rabid rumor they come across is presented as fact on their livestreams (yes, they claim to be presenting opinion, but it's more than obvious to me they believe what they are repeating in the livestreams and many of their viewers also believe them). I suppose I can't get into detail here -- but watch out if you seek out their content. I don't love that they're getting attention in MSM.

Is it possible shots were fired while the vehicle was moving? Like one car pulled along side the other and fired into the driver's window?

I have no idea how hard this would actually be do accomplish. It happens all the time in movies. Ha Ha.

FWIW - I don't think the assailant drove the car after the women were removed. I don't think the assailant would want to sit in the driver's seat with broken glass.

That’s what I had remembered hearing, too … Heard it stated V & J were not friends, I mean.
I'm of the impression that JK wore two different hats: one as the minister's wife who could be there for VB thick and thin, and possibly start a lasting friendship, the other as a court-appointed supervisor whose presence with VB was strictly business, to make sure the visit went according to what the courts ordered. I believe it was the latter hat that JK was wearing, an observer who, while she did not want to see VB come to harm, JK could not, and would not, take sides.
MOO

Edited to snip for focus

Is it possible shots were fired while the vehicle was moving? Like one car pulled along side the other and fired into the driver's window?

I have no idea how hard this would actually be do accomplish. It happens all the time in movies. Ha Ha.

FWIW - I don't think the assailant drove the car after the women were removed. I don't think the assailant would want to sit in the driver's seat with broken glass.
We are thinking pretty much along the same lines.
In my opinion the crime was not random but committed by someone that had a lot of knowledge about the time and location of the trip and I also believe the number of people with that knowledge is very limited.

I also believe, IMO, it could have been committed by one person under the following circumstances. A pickup with a stock trailer could have been pulled across hwy 95 just south of the “L” intersection blocking the highway and the victims were either directed or took to road “L” for a detour. The same PU and trailer forced the victim’s car off the road some 1000 ft west of the intersection. The perp would have approached the victim’s car and threatened them with a firearm or possibly fired a shot through the driver’s window to force the victims out of the vehicle and into the trailer. They were probably shot at that time and the trailer gate was then shut and the victims could have been taken anywhere from there for disposal, even maybe a hundred miles away.

All this only takes a very few minutes and traffic along hwy 95, if any, would think someone was helping a broke down neighbor and never considering anything so heinous was taking place.

Just MY Opinion and Speculation.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that people are out there looking since there seem to be so few physical searches. But I have big, big concerns about the way any old rabid rumor they come across is presented as fact on their livestreams (yes, they claim to be presenting opinion, but it's more than obvious to me they believe what they are repeating in the livestreams and many of their viewers also believe them). I suppose I can't get into detail here -- but watch out if you seek out their content. I don't love that they're getting attention in MSM.
Agree 100%. Seems a little pretentious to think they are going to search places LE wouldn't have thought of or excluded for a reason.

I might have to eat my hat later, but at this point- I think LE has this investigation under control and are busy putting the pieces together. They aren't asking for search help from the public for a reason, JMO.

Most of me wants to go with the obvious. I think it’s the obvious since LE is so quiet. But there is a chance, however small, it’s something else.

I don’t think I could ever live in a rural area. My parents were from rural Mississippi but I’ve been near Philadelphia my whole life (until this summer when we move to Florida). It’s a different kind of life.

Most of me wants to go with the obvious. I think it’s the obvious since LE is so quiet. But there is a chance, however small, it’s something else.

I don’t think I could ever live in a rural area. My parents were from rural Mississippi but I’ve been near Philadelphia my whole life (until this summer when we move to Florida). It’s a different kind of life.

Which is why many of the rural communities are dying these days. It's sad to drive through many of them and see all the vacant buildings.

The lack of searches does seem abnormal. Even if they don't want volunteers helping out for some reason, why are LE not out pounding the pavement themselves, as it were, searching for these two women (likely for their remains)?

Several people in the thread have made a point of saying "property owners might not consent to have their fields searched," but when you've got missing (likely deceased) people in the area, does LE really have zero recourse in that regard? Can't they just get a warrant if they have to, like literally every other time they want to search somewhere?
Usually searchers have to show probably cause for a warrant, and it sure seems there's no evidence connected to any particular property. I wonder about the property renters and owners if they are comfortable with a search. OK is one of the most conservative states with plenty of government non-trust and staying as far away from intrusions as possible. Renters may say no, meaning LE would need to go through land owners who could very well say okay to a search. Maybe too the disappearance and circumstances have area people a bit frightened to say much.

Assume fingerprints were taken on the car?
I would assume that the vehicle underwent forensic processing by the OSBI which would include not only fingerprints, but photographs inside and out, DNA swabs of steering wheel, door handles, seat belt buckles, evidence collection - bagged, tagged, logged, etc. etc. etc. MOO

I would assume that the vehicle underwent forensic processing by the OSBI which would include not only fingerprints, but photographs inside and out, DNA swabs of steering wheel, door handles, seat belt buckles, evidence collection - bagged, tagged, logged, etc. etc. etc. MOO
And forensic testing takes time. To me, this is one of the most frustrating parts of criminal investigations. I know advancements have been made since 2010, but back then it took OSBI labs over 100 days to complete most testing, like DNA or firearms. Even now, a sexual assault kit in Oklahoma can take 3-6 months.

I could be wrong (and it wouldn't be the first time) but I think authorities have a good idea what happened. Even so, knowing what happened and being able to prove what happened are two different beasts.

I'm starting to wonder whether they might have been accosted and taken earlier in the trip, and somebody just dumped the damaged, possibly bloody vehicle.
It’s possible but today I changed my mind a bit after seeing what look to be dug up holes around the area where the car was found. Unless another crime scene is found by LE I believe that where the car was found was the crime scene.

Idk if this apparent hole digging was done by OSBI for evidence collection or the perps to remove evidence. We just don’t know yet.

Also, what was up with the kitty litter seen around the scene? Was this left by OSBI or perps?

The images I’m referring to were on the news nation video of the vehicle location near where the white cross was posted.

Moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads