GUILTY OK - Young girl, 8, Tulsa, 4 May 2014

OMG! Reading the details of what went on that night is astonishing and the courage and determination demonstrated by the officer is awe-inspiring. Kudos to the Dollar General clerk for reporting the suspicious behavior and the Whataburger employee for his role, too. They should all get a medal!

I wonder if Slatton's behavior was strange enough on its own to warrant reporting or if the impetus to report came when the clerk saw the SO stamp?

I think it was a combinatoin of SO stamp, behavior and buying coloring books and crayons. That makes it look like an SO has a child in their hands

The Dollar Store employee is such a hero IMO. Many other people would ignore that type of thing.

So happy that she was found alive.

that one article says that the store clerk saw the S.O. designation on Slatton's driver's license

why would the Dollar General clerk have seen Slatton's driver license? why would he have needed to show his license at a dollar store? or was it on his license plate???

that one article says that the store clerk saw the S.O. designation on Slatton's driver's license

why would the Dollar General clerk have seen Slatton's driver license? why would he have needed to show his license at a dollar store? or was it on his license plate???

Some places require a photo id to be presented if a credit card is being used, to make sure the name on the dl matches the cc and its not stolen. For example, Hot Topic, requires this.

I'm sorry little lady had to endure any of it and just pray it was not as bad as bad can get. Be well young one :)
Thank you LE and clerks and thank you to whoever decided RSO's need sex offender on their driver's license ! Great , great, great and necessary law !

I think it was a combinatoin of SO stamp, behavior and buying coloring books and crayons. That makes it look like an SO has a child in their hands

I'm sure it was the combination of things which made the clerk report Slatton to the police. I'm just wondering if the stamp is what sealed the deal. What if Slatton had paid cash for the items? Would the clerk still have called it in?

I'm just wondering for no other purpose than wondering's sake.

Maybe we can tattoo "SEX OFFENDER" on a perp's forehead so they can can always be detect, whether they pay by credit card or cash?

MOW(ondering)O

Some dollar stores sell cigs and sometimes beer.

Some places require a photo id to be presented if a credit card is being used, to make sure the name on the dl matches the cc and its not stolen. For example, Hot Topic, requires this.

Did he write a check? If so, he would have had to present a driver's license.

http://www.news9.com/story/25507040/claremore-man-charged-in-kidnapping-that-led-to-amber-alert

Full list of charges. Sorry, I don't feel like doing the copy/paste this time. Too heartbreaking.

There's also a list of evidence seized from Slatton's house and car.

This really is heartbreaking. I was so hopeful that she was minimally injured by MS. What at !

The bra listed as having been in the trunk is a bit disconcerting, too. This young girl is most likely too young for it to have been hers, IMO.

Video at link:

http://www.newson6.com/story/26350796/creek-county-deputy-earns-medal-of-valor-award

A Creek County deputy earned the Medal of Valor from the Oklahoma Sheriff's Association. Deputy Ron Teel received the award for his part in capturing a man accused of kidnapping and raping an 8-year-old girl...

Deputy Ron Teel has been in law enforcement more than 30 years. Like all cops, he lives for that moment when you can catch a bad guy and save a life...

Deputy Teel's knee was torn up, he had road rash on his arms, part of his scalp missing, but he still made sure to see which way Slatton went and refused medical help until Slatton was captured... They believe his encounter with Deputy Teel pressured Slatton into dumping the girl in a nearby wooded area, where they found her alive.

From last week:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/cour...cle_fa878447-e17c-556a-af24-b56eae573ff8.html

Michael Slatton, 34, is competent to undergo further criminal proceedings, jurors told Special Judge Martha Rupp Carter.

Slatton’s competency trial stemmed from his contesting two evaluations, both of which concluded that he was competent. A forensic psychologist who conducted one of his competency evaluations testified Friday that some of Slatton’s responses during the evaluation were so outlandish that they indicated he was feigning incompetency, rather than actually exhibiting it...

Slatton had just finished testifying at his competency trial Wednesday when he picked up a plastic water pitcher from the judge’s stand and threw it at prosecutors. Slatton was wearing handcuffs and ankle shackles at the time... The pitcher hit Assistant District Attorney Katie Koljack in the face, splitting her lip and breaking her tooth... Slatton could only be subdued after deputies leaped onto him and used a stun gun.

http://www.news9.com/story/31292943...contest-to-kidnapping-rape-of-8-year-old-girl

A Claremore man pleaded no contest in the kidnapping and rape of a child in May 2014.

Michael Slatton faced 10 charges connected to that crime, including first-degree rape, rape by instrumentation, kidnapping and assault and battery on a police officer...

Next up will be a pre-sentencing investigation, and then a judge will decide what punishment Slatton will get in April. The maximum sentence he could receive is life without parole.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/claremore-man-gets-120-years-child-rape-case/nrCbZ/

A man accused of kidnapping and raping an 8-year old Tulsa girl gets a 120-year prison sentence on Tuesday.

You guys, I was online the night this terrible story unfolded - several anxious hours until word came that this precious child was found alive. If you haven't read through this thread and the scanner thread downstairs yet, I recommend that you do. The amazing stories that came out afterward fill in the blanks and really show law enforcement at its finest. The local citizens were pretty awesome, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back