**Old thread**Focusing solely on George Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
On thing I would really like to clear up where George is concerned is just how much of a LE background he really has. I remember early on in this case his background in LE was more fully explored, and it was determined that he was a deputy in the Sheriff's Department for a little while, but was actually not much more than a Barney Fife in his small Ohio town. I've heard Cindy and others refer to him as an ex homicide detective, but in actuality I don't think he ever held a position anything like that. In the town where I live Sheriff's Department employees are beneath the true police department, and they consider it a big step up if they can get to the police academy and then be hired by the police department. So, what really is the extent of George's background, some twenty odd years ago, as a "cop"?
The instinct of an LE do not get fired, or change. those instincts stay with you
regarding to what title you may or may not have had.

Thanks for this thread.
I was a reporter for one of the two local daily papers covering Trumbull County Ohio...probably during the time George was a deputy and he and Cindy lived there (in Niles, I believe). I lived in the area from 1979 through 1989.
The largest cities in the county would include Warren, Niles and Girard. I covered a few communities in the county and all but one were incorporated and had their own police departments. The one without its own department contracted with the County Sheriff's department for safety services. The township would be assigned deputies who work almost exclusively in that township. One of the sheriff's deputies assigned to this particular community while I covered it, is now the sheriff and has commented in the local paper that he remembers George and thought highly of him. But the good Sheriff, was and probably still is, just a really nice guy who understands how the world works, and would never never say if he didn't think highly of someone, especially if he was being quoted for an article.

Anyway, if the deputies weren't patrolling one specific community, they would be trolling the roads looking for drunk drivers and speeders. Drunken driving was a major issue in the area at that time. Also, I once covered a "sting", conducted by the Sheriff's Office, of a truck wash that was a cover for a prostitution ring. That was big stuff. Not a high crime county at the time, although I think it's gotten worse, due to its proximity to Mahoning County which contains Youngstown.

George, to my knowledge, was a rank and file deputy not an investigator.

GREAT THREAD....:clap::clap: Thank you
I have been saying for a very long time keep your eyes on GA LE does not stand for "Little Experience" he is the center of the entire case.

I have had my eye on GA since the jail house and his interview video were released. I have read all you speculation post on GA. I do have my own ideas bout ole G. boy but haven't written them all down yet. Maybe I have hinted here and there but don't wanna lay it all on the table yet.

I don't think he and KC were into anythang crooked together. They had their own unlawful agendas. Whether it's from lying/cover-up/KC stripping at bachelor parties---giving lap dances. I don't think either of them were into organized crime with big bosses as in mobs/gangs. They were into small potatoes.

I also think LE is well aware of what KC and GA were into. See my Siggy as a reference. I also think that LE isn't ready to bring all this stuff out into the open yet. I do think that we are in for a few nice surprises during the trial.

KC carried her almost 3 year old little girl around. All mommies are capable of lifting our babies and toddlers in and out of car seats, grocery carts, in and out of cribs and yes, through the mall after a long day of shopping loaded with bags. KC had been doing it Caylee's whole short life.

The average weight of a 3 year old child is 25-44 pounds. Caylee was not large at almost 3, meaning she probably fell in the mid range at about 30-35 pounds. If need be, KC most definately could lift her broken, lifeless, little body out of the trunk and into the woods a few yards away. Sadly, I am sure that it was some of the easiest lifting of Caylee she had ever done.

Very interesting thread Little Bitty. I hope that you are doing well through your chemo :blowkiss:

I have definitely changed my view on GA during the past few months, however, I'm not sure if he's directly involved in assisting with disposing with Caylee's remains. The problem that I have is the way that she was disposed.. i.e. duct tape over her mouth, and bagged in trash bags. Right now, (and I may change as time goes on) I can't see him assisting KC with disposing of Caylee in that manner. The duct tape over her mouth with the heart sticker really bothers me. I may be wrong though. Also, KC's pants had decomposition fluid on them and CA washed them. Why wouldn't GA take KC's clothes and wash them with his? If he assisted, his clothes had to have the fluid on them.

As far as KC having help in disposing of Caylee's body from someone, I'm not sure. After someone dies, the weight of their body is significantly heavier than when they are alive, hence the term "dead weight." So if Caylee weighed 30 lbs., it would have felt as if she weighed about 50 or 60 lbs to pull her out of the trunk because of the complete stillness and inflexibility of the body.

I believe that GA knows that KC did this to Caylee and knew it when he drove the car home. The smell of human decomposition is distinct, and there is absolutely no other smell like it. So he knew when he went to that car what had happened and he knew then that it had been Caylee in that car. He put 2 and 2 together on that day. But as far as helping her with disposal....maybe. It's possible...I can't get myself there yet. Not with the duct tape and the garbage bags. It's hard enough the think that a mother would do that, but for a grandfather to assist...

On the other hand....I'm sitting here thinking that it could be possible that he assisted her after she already had her bagged and then he found out about the duct tape and heart sticker and that's what drove him to suicide. I don't know....

This is an interesting thread. Alot to think about for sure!!!

Thanks for this thread.
I was a reporter for one of the two local daily papers covering Trumbull County Ohio...probably during the time George was a deputy and he and Cindy lived there (in Niles, I believe). I lived in the area from 1979 through 1989.
The largest cities in the county would include Warren, Niles and Girard. I covered a few communities in the county and all but one were incorporated and had their own police departments. The one without its own department contracted with the County Sheriff's department for safety services. The township would be assigned deputies who work almost exclusively in that township. One of the sheriff's deputies assigned to this particular community while I covered it, is now the sheriff and has commented in the local paper that he remembers George and thought highly of him. But the good Sheriff, was and probably still is, just a really nice guy who understands how the world works, and would never never say if he didn't think highly of someone, especially if he was being quoted for an article.

Anyway, if the deputies weren't patrolling one specific community, they would be trolling the roads looking for drunk drivers and speeders. Drunken driving was a major issue in the area at that time. Also, I once covered a "sting", conducted by the Sheriff's Office, of a truck wash that was a cover for a prostitution ring. That was big stuff. Not a high crime county at the time, although I think it's gotten worse, due to its proximity to Mahoning County which contains Youngstown.

George, to my knowledge, was a rank and file deputy not an investigator.

WOW! Thanks for sharing with us. So you live in the same town as some of these peeps who might have known GA?

Hmmmmmm. Are you in anyway position where----like could you----well, poot---here it is----can you nose around and find any goodies?

That pros. ring thang----so GA was working there then? Nice learning tips for somebody---later down the road. Sorry, just filing lil tid-bits on my shelf.

Can you find out if he quit or fired~~~~maybe even have coffee downtown and ask questions of the locals.

Not clear...that only GA and KC have a secret.
It was CA that said to KC during her first visit "You did not tell them"
I THINK this entire cover up is a family affair.

I thought she was referring to the fight on the 15th.

It snowballs from there.

Very interesting thread Little Bitty. I hope that you are doing well through your chemo :blowkiss:

I have definitely changed my view on GA during the past few months, however, I'm not sure if he's directly involved in assisting with disposing with Caylee's remains. The problem that I have is the way that she was disposed.. i.e. duct tape over her mouth, and bagged in trash bags. Right now, (and I may change as time goes on) I can't see him assisting KC with disposing of Caylee in that manner. The duct tape over her mouth with the heart sticker really bothers me. I may be wrong though. Also, KC's pants had decomposition fluid on them and CA washed them. Why wouldn't GA take KC's clothes and wash them with his? If he assisted, his clothes had to have the fluid on them.

As far as KC having help in disposing of Caylee's body from someone, I'm not sure. After someone dies, the weight of their body is significantly heavier than when they are alive, hence the term "dead weight." So if Caylee weighed 30 lbs., it would have felt as if she weighed about 50 or 60 lbs to pull her out of the trunk because of the complete stillness and inflexibility of the body.

I believe that GA knows that KC did this to Caylee and knew it when he drove the car home. The smell of human decomposition is distinct, and there is absolutely no other smell like it. So he knew when he went to that car what had happened and he knew then that it had been Caylee in that car. He put 2 and 2 together on that day. But as far as helping her with disposal....maybe. It's possible...I can't get myself there yet. Not with the duct tape and the garbage bags. It's hard enough the think that a mother would do that, but for a grandfather to assist...

On the other hand....I'm sitting here thinking that it could be possible that he assisted her after she already had her bagged and then he found out about the duct tape and heart sticker and that's what drove him to suicide. I don't know....

This is an interesting thread. Alot to think about for sure!!!

Your post is sounding like what is in my brain---only have had more time to focus in a little deeper.

I think he smelled the car on the 24th---started his own investigation---CA didn't know what was going on at this time-but they were looking for her. At this time GA knew Caylee was dead. He found out she hadn't worked for 2 years (via FBI interview)---most of his investigation was told by him in this interview----stuff he had put together---money stolen CA/Caylee's piggy bank---the way she acted.

Now--on to the car pick up---he was afraid the body was in the wheel well, because not even an idiot would flop it in the trunk---when he got the tow guy to "witness" him opening the trunk---he then had to hurry and git the guys mind off the smell----off with the trash, hoping the guy would remember the smell must have been that trash.

When they got home he sent CA to work----he removed the body from the wheel well and put it in the laundry bag----------the body had been duct taped/heart sticker/in double trash bags, by KC----GA didn't see the duct tape or heart.

I get stuck right here---did he take the body down the road right then or did he hid it from CA until much later----say, on his way to work. All that would explain why they had to go to work at all. If there weren't any cleaning up to do and disposing of a dead grand daughter---they would have called 911 RAT NOW. But they didn't.

Just bits and pieces that have run thru my brain and coagulated into one spot.

WOW! Thanks for sharing with us. So you live in the same town as some of these peeps who might have known GA?

Hmmmmmm. Are you in anyway position where----like could you----well, poot---here it is----can you nose around and find any goodies?

That pros. ring thang----so GA was working there then? Nice learning tips for somebody---later down the road. Sorry, just filing lil tid-bits on my shelf.

Can you find out if he quit or fired~~~~maybe even have coffee downtown and ask questions of the locals.

I have asked my friends to check into George's empoyment, but they aren't reporters and aren't as "involved" in the case as I am. And people who might be able to get information for me, I haven't talked to forever and would be embarassed to call for a favor. Plus, I think it's almost impossible to get any employment record, especially of someone in LE. Even in the Trumbull County Sheriff's Department, there's a "thin blue line."

I moved out of the area in '89. I was a "newcomer" since I moved there in 1979. The area is extremely close-knit and was built around steel mills and heavy manufacturing plants. Many of the large steel mills and largest employers throughout the Mahoning Valley went out of business or were on their way out in the 70's and 80's. (Man, I sound like an old-timer). The job situation was bleak. But it seemed no one ever left or leaves the area for greener pastures. Really, everyone I ever met there...is still there!!! If people move away, they move back. Why, I don't know, because it is the most bleak, desolate, depressing place I've ever been. (Sorry, anybody from the Valley, but you know it's true). People live down the street from their mother and two aunts. One town I covered had a mayor with the same last name since 1979! Three different guys, same family. Family roots are very deep.

Sooooo...since both George and Cindy's families are from there and many still live there, it's unusual that George and Cindy left. I think George joined his father's business because he didn't like being a deputy. He didn't get paid much, I'm sure. But I think he doesn't have the proper temprement to be in law enforcement. I don't think he understands people well enough.

I have asked my friends to check into George's empoyment, but they aren't reporters and aren't as "involved" in the case as I am. And people who might be able to get information for me, I haven't talked to forever and would be embarassed to call for a favor. Plus, I think it's almost impossible to get any employment record, especially of someone in LE. Even in the Trumbull County Sheriff's Department, there's a "thin blue line."

I moved out of the area in '89. I was a "newcomer" since I moved there in 1979. The area is extremely close-knit and was built around steel mills and heavy manufacturing plants. Many of the large steel mills and largest employers throughout the Mahoning Valley went out of business or were on their way out in the 70's and 80's. (Man, I sound like an old-timer). The job situation was bleak. But it seemed no one ever left or leaves the area for greener pastures. Really, everyone I ever met there...is still there!!! If people move away, they move back. Why, I don't know, because it is the most bleak, desolate, depressing place I've ever been. (Sorry, anybody from the Valley, but you know it's true). People live down the street from their mother and two aunts. One town I covered had a mayor with the same last name since 1979! Three different guys, same family. Family roots are very deep.

Sooooo...since both George and Cindy's families are from there and many still live there, it's unusual that George and Cindy left. I think George joined his father's business because he didn't like being a deputy. He didn't get paid much, I'm sure. But I think he doesn't have the proper temprement to be in law enforcement. I don't think he understands people well enough.

BUMMER! LOL Was gonna ask you to give me a place to lay my head at night and me n you could track this stuff down. LOL NOT! I have nuff trouble trackin it to the potty. Day Dreamin here

But, very interesting. You are right---the bolded. Amen!

I may have been the one you're thinking of who wondered in a post if KC could have exited through her back yard with Caylee and then walked along the fence line of the fifteen houses to the ultimate "dump site." However, after investigation I learned that there was no exit in the A's back yard, and that no trail existed along the fenceline. Far from it. In fact the "jungle" had grown up tight along those back fences and she couldn't have gotten through without a huge, time-consuming, and very unpleasant effort.

As far as managing Caylee's 30 pound weight, as many posters pointed out, young mothers of all heights hoist their toddlers around quite easily, frequently carrying them in only one arm.

Bold mine.

I was going to say the same thing. My sister is the same size as Casey - actually a little more petite. Yet she carried her 5 year old son around frequently, with a huge purse over the other arm and pushing an overloaded stroller in front of her with her free hand. And my sister has hip problems so you could even say she is slighlty handicapped yet manages to physically do so much.

I have no problem at all imagining Casey disposing of Caylee all by herself. In fact I believe she walked to the edge of the dumpsite where the plant life began and then just heaved Caylee's body in as far as she could.

Littlebitty, I hope that you recover soon, my prayers are with you.

As for George...I don't believe he held any real significant position within the Sheriff's Dept back in Ohio, certainly NOT a homicide Detective. No way, no how. His record of off and on employment, questionable integrity leads me to believe something happened in Ohio that lead to his separation from LE. Just an opinion.

I don't believe George had a part in the death of Caylee. I think that was ALL Casey's doing, from start to finish, to include the disposal. I do think George knew something on the 24th of June, I believe he did smell the odor of decomposiition on the 24th, when he confronted Casey about the gas cans. I don't know for sure what he did with that knowledge after Casey drove off, but I think he tossed it around in his mind for days, and I do think he might have told Cindy, when IDK. I don't think he told her that it was without question the smell of decomp, but rather that he thought it smelled weird, could be, might be, but I don't think he gave the info to his wife as a matter of fact finding. I believe they both, C & G, had an idea, a slight thought, in the back of their mind, before the end of June that something MAY have happened...I believed they also spent a lot of time trying to replace those thoughts with reassurance that all was well...

I don't like the fact that George doesn't call 911 at the tow lot, I don't like the fact that he goes to work after finding this car that smelled like death...even he admits that he was hoping a deceased Caylee was not in the trunk, yet he doesn't call the cops, he goes to work after he drives car, which smells like death, home. First day on the job or not, that is NOT the time to go to work, IMO.

Cindy goes back to work telling co-workers about the smell in the car, she used the words "smelled like there was a dead body in there". Co-workers try to get Cindy to call the police at work, but she says no "I'm going to give Casey a chance to EXPLAIN". Explain what, the smell of death in her trunk and the fact that she hasn't seen or heard from her Granddaughter in a month ? At this point Cindy KNOWS Casey is allright, but her Granddaughter could be dead...but still she needs to give Casey a chance to explain.

George tells LE in several interviews exactly what the smell in the trunk reminded him of...decomposition. How George, knowing these statements are on tape and have been disseminated worldwide, can say that now he realizes it was the smell of food in Casey's trunk, is way beyond my comprehension. All you have to do is put a tape in and push play to prove that his statements are lies, but that doesn't seem to matter to him... when Cindy is near. You can do the same with Cindy, but it doesnt seem to matter to her either. I have no clue as to what kind of advice they are getting from their atty, but if it's good advice, they aren't following it. I think I went OT...sorry for drifting.

Bold mine.

I agree with your post. Just wanted to comment that GA probably didn't dare call the police or stay home from work. Can you imagine the chit storm that would have come down on him from CA if GA had decided on his own to call the police? No - he stuck with the safe route and went home to let "the boss" decide what to do.

Bold mine.

I agree with your post. Just wanted to comment that GA probably didn't dare call the police or stay home from work. Can you imagine the chit storm that would have come down on him from CA if GA had decided on his own to call the police? No - he stuck with the safe route and went home to let "the boss" decide what to do.
Yes you are right, George was taking orders from the one in charge. Reminds me of his appearance on LK when he sheepishly said "I didn't get to talk to her like I wanted to", referring to Casey...I thought Cindy was going to annihilate him.

Verité;3815525 said:
To me, GA has always seemed "the good guy," or a sad man who is always on the periphery of the family looking in as the others interact; or, the
seeker who perhaps never lived up to his own cop-dad's expectations; or, the naive speculator who tried to overcome failure in get-rich-quick schemes.

And, because I'm somewhat like MamaBear who "lubs" LP, I absorbed that early impression from LP that GA is "OK." But your #7 above, where LP
gives a somewhat different impression, will lead me back to review some of the earlier videos and interviews. Thanks for such a clear presentation.

Finally, Bless you in your chemo, and know that I for sure relate personally to the physical suffering of such humbling life/death struggles.

George is a huge liar- lies to his family all the time. Sneaks around (even during this case, we saw him sneaking to speak with LE), steals from his wife, from his family! Dude's not only a coward, he has no "self". Loser.

But regardless, if he had a hand in this, it ill haunt him for the rest of his life.

Yes you are right, George was taking orders from the one in charge. Reminds me of his appearance on LK when he sheepishly said "I didn't get to talk to her like I wanted to", referring to Casey...I thought Cindy was going to annihilate him.

haha ITA- I think he's still being punished for that one! She wasn't even walking with him into court the other day.

Your word: "training". That was another subject that was explored almost a year ago. Apparently George didn't get any formal training at all in order to get a job with that little Sheriff's Department many years ago. I just think too much has been made of the fact that he was in LE many years ago. The dispatcher could say that too, and make a giant leap from being a phone answerer to being a homicide detective. Yes! George IS weak, poor thing.

Yeah, I grew up in a small beach town and we used to have some LE that were local dentists and stuff. Had no training, couldn't have guns but they pulled ppl over and gave tickets, etc.

I think the fact that George hasn't held steady employment in some twenty years, speaks volumes ..

ITA. I think that Cindy "allowing" it to continue also speaks volumes!

The main thing for me...is how did Caylee wind up where she did? Clearly, KC didn't toss her out the window of the car...(this whole thing sickens me)...but did KC, herself, carry Caylee from the A house to Caylee's ultimate resting place? Or was a car parked outside that area and then did someone take her body (hate this) out of the trunk and dump her there? This bears weight only if, and only if it would have been some task. Even though we can't really comment on appearances...before all of the jail treats...KC was a small person. I don't know what her height is...or weight was at the time...but judging by photos she appears to be fairly smalll...cute little figure...I just keep trying to tell myself...or at least someone posted on here that there was some kind of trail Caylee type trail from the house to the spot where she was so caulously dumped...if that is true...how in the world...granted stress and self preservation make one do some weird things...could KC have carried her that far? I just...think that there is more to the dumping, however horrible...that could shed some light on this...if KC dumped her during the day how didn't anyone see or notice anything? If it was at night...was it by car or through the woods? I read something in this board about a trail...but if that were true I would think it would be everywhere by now...unless that is the last bit of stuff LE is releasing...I am just thinking 50 pound or so riggamortis child...sorry for the thought.
I am just thinking that someone larger than KC had to dispose of her body and likely on the night of the 24th. JMO, but I think it was GA and I think Caylee was dumped there on the night of the 24th. The day of the effing gas can fight. I could be totally wrong. And both of them deserve the presumption of innocence.

Since Caylee's decomp was found in the trunk logic dictates Caylee was in the trunk. If Casey killed Caylee at home and carried her directly to the woods there would not have been Caylee's decomp in the trunk. I think it probably happened in the home or in the car and then Caylee was dumped from the car.

The Sunfire could have EASILY been parked there at the street at Surburban and Casey only would have to take about a couple of dozen steps into the shady and wooded area to dump Caylee. If you look at the crime scene photos from the location of the body to the street you see how close it really was (but likely under water and definitely very wooded). Casey was just so lazy and the Hurricane worked in her favor by further flooding the area later.

Casey is about 5'1" and was fit when she was arrested (and she reportedly was a jogger). Casey also would hold/carry Caylee so we know she can lift her up. Caylee would not have been in rigor mortis by the time she was dumped (according the level of decomp in the trunk of 3 days) as rigor sets in and then leaves the body.

I absolutely have no problems believing Casey could handle Caylee's remains and if she had not been so damn lazy could have carried her much further and even buried her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member