CANADA ON - Ottawa, WhtMale 2018047905, 30-45, Aug 2018, riding a mountain bike

Can’t find better pics but the picture of this guy, Elioth Stiven Gomez Vargas, looks well like our John Doe. The date matches but the place (he could have travelled) an his height/weight doesn’t match, but if this is the best pic they can find in this time&age (cellphones, social media,…) they might also have no accurate stats… just a wild guess.

Thinking about the pink cable-lock: Could he have stolen the bike, being under the influence and lost his balance, making him fall down?

Not of much help probably, but he had a scar on his left forearm, 3 centimeters in length.

I like that idea. Not trying to cast aspersions on the deceased but if he was homeless or a transient the bike may have been a crime of opportunity. But who would have a bike lock on their bikes and not lock it? If the bike was stolen then perhaps it was stolen from the owner's home, maybe in the driveway or in a garage with the door open. Or he was using a lock someone gave him. I doubt it was a girlfriend's bike. We'd know his name by now.

I think he was in the hospital for quite a while prior to passing away. Where they shaved his hairline it's has grown back about 1/4 inch.

He looks so young in the photo; in the artists rendition he looked like a biker gang member to me. If he was a biker, his accident occurred about km from a biker house on Ladoucer St.

The lack of tattoos or mention of them makes that a remote possibility, though. You can't always count on a criminal record with biker gang members. They include lawyers and accountants; these aren't your weekend warrior types who are usually well off professional who just like the bike culture.

As per link in post #1, "Biogeographic ancestry testing predicts he was of European ancestry". So, uh, not very specific but yes it has been done!
Thanks. I think that isn't going to help much, considering the amount of people with European ancestry in Canada. ):

Michael James Bosma, with some weight loss? I looked at people with blue eyes. My mother had gray eyes, but if you would ask people would say blue, grayish blue, etc., depending of the light. This picture is from his missing persons public group, run by his family Log in or sign up to view

1671877109487.png

I think his clothing was very consistent with a sportive "mountainbike-rider". He might have stolen the bike, but maybe that's less likely, rethinking.

1691651511068.png

Shoes​

Black, Brand: “Vans”; size: men’s 12; with black laces

1691651547027.png

Shorts​

Black, Basketball, Size: large; red and white stripe on the side; emblem on left leg

1691651588474.png

Socks​

Black, Grey emblem on toe

1691651646479.png

Underwear​

Red, Brand: “Adidas”; style: boxer brief; size: large

He was also wearing a shirt (from source above), but there is no picture of it.

Neither a picture of the bike or an example.

I was also wondering if the bike didn't have a serial number or was engraved with a code and registered against bicycle theft. I guess not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back