Once Again

I would certainly be suspicious if someone called 911 and said there has been a kidnapping but please remember to come discreetly in unmarked cars and in plain clothes. Any mother who had the presence of mind to behave that way would be suspicious to me.
House wasn't really turned into Grand Central Station. The cops were controlling the doors anyway and could have had the people leave.
One aspect of the note was to make even the cops think the kid was no where nearby and so any "search" was really only half hearted anyway.
No one thought of it as a crime scene. Even that Victim's Advocate was cleaning the kitchen counter and putting out bagels and cream cheese.

Originally posted by sissi
Toth,these are the things that came out about Fleet in the beginning
My days are quiet,watching hubby in his effort to recover
I've no idea what 'these things' refer to. I'm really not interested in FW anyway. Good luck to you and hubby.

Originally posted by twilight
Sissi - FW has never spoken to anyone other than the police. The police have not released a book, other than ST, and ST does not report any of the stuff you have in your above post...so where are you getting all this stuff?

OOPS..I meant to address twilight

Toth,thanks for the good luck wishes:)

ajt, it's been suggested many times here at WS that the Ramseys may have initally planned to remove JonBenet's body from the house but, for any of a variety of reasons, changed their minds. Maybe they were afraid they'd be seen driving away, or that when LE arrived, they would notice the engine of one of the Rs' vehicles was warm. Maybe the Ramseys just couldn't bear the thought of dumping the body of their precious daughter. There are many reasons they might have changed their minds and decided to leave JonBenet's body in the house.

Regardless of whether they left the body in the house or removed it, they had to have some "evidence" to try to prove that an intruder was to blame for what happened to JonBenet. Without a note, there would be no way for them to deflect the finger of suspicion away from themselves. No note = no evidence of an intruder.

Originally posted by Toth
I would certainly be suspicious if someone called 911 and said there has been a kidnapping but please remember to come discreetly in unmarked cars and in plain clothes. Any mother who had the presence of mind to behave that way would be suspicious to me.
House wasn't really turned into Grand Central Station. The cops were controlling the doors anyway and could have had the people leave.
One aspect of the note was to make even the cops think the kid was no where nearby and so any "search" was really only half hearted anyway.
No one thought of it as a crime scene. Even that Victim's Advocate was cleaning the kitchen counter and putting out bagels and cream cheese.

Okay, I read the first book Cyril Wecht published about this crime and I agreed with him when he said that even though the parents are stating that is is a kidnapping, sometimes things are not akways what they seem. A search should have been done to gather all clues they could find. Is anyone saying no to this? Who knows what could have been gathered if the police had secured the crime scene? I guess we never will, huh?

Also, if the police are not even going to do a proper search the house, why would they think they would check the hood of the car? Also, the ransom note points right back to them......

Originally posted by lannie
...this is all so out ot character of them, with the word being ACTOR
Exactly, lannie.

why_nutt and twilight - great posts (as usual).

ajt, I believe the Ramseys thought the police would do a thorough search of the house. In fact, I think the Ramseys were counting on the police (or the Rs' friends) finding JonBenet's body very soon.

Btw, being afraid the police might notice the engine in one of their vehicles was warm is just one of the possible reasons I gave that the Rs might have decided to leave JonBenet's body in the house.

Originally posted by Ivy
...I believe the Ramseys thought the police would do a thorough search of the house. In fact, I think the Ramseys were counting on the police (or the Rs' friends) finding JonBenet's body very soon.
I agree, Ivy. No wonder John was getting so antsy and finally "found" the body himself.

Jeez, it's so hard to find good help. When you want something done right you've gotta do it yourself. :p

Toth and Ajt400 you don't understand my point...forget the BPD. I am talking of the parents reaction....the parents, not the cops.

My point is the PARENTS calling the friends over when the note said the Ramsey's were being monitored and JonBenet would be killed if they talked to a stray dog.

Would you call 911 and NOT stay on the line, waiting for instructions from the operator?

Would you call all your friends over if you were being monitored by your child's kidnapper who threatened to KILL her?

GREAT POSTS Whynut and Twilight!!!

Originally posted by shamu
Really? No matter that there were consequ-- oops! I forgot. They Ramseys didn't read the note. Why read a note when they could be calling their friends. Just because it was the only link to their daughter. Big deal. Why not call friends. Why read a note.

Well Shamu, I think you got it =)

JonBenet's body may have been left in the house for one simple reason. John and Patsy didn't think for an instant that anyone would suspect any one of the three of them. Then, there is the ransom note to back up the idea that it was a kidnapping-gone-bad. Remember back to their reactions from the very beginning. They went somewhere besides where the police wanted them to go, they requested and received extra time before being questioned because they were "a well-to-do" and respected family in the community. Maybe they just thought the police wouldn't really really suspect such a fine upstanding Christian family, especially if there was a ransom note from a small foreign faction left in their kitchen.

Originally posted by Show Me
Toth and Ajt400 you don't understand my point...forget the BPD. I am talking of the parents reaction....the parents, not the cops.

My point is the PARENTS calling the friends over when the note said the Ramsey's were being monitored and JonBenet would be killed if they talked to a stray dog.

Would you call 911 and NOT stay on the line, waiting for instructions from the operator?

Would you call all your friends over if you were being monitored by your child's kidnapper who threatened to KILL her?

GREAT POSTS Whynut and Twilight!!!

I am going to be honest and say that I don't know how I would react in that situation. I don't think anyone does. And, yes, I would call my friends, who wouldn't. Ransom notes always say not to contact the police, anyone lese, etc. This is nothing new. And I do believe most kidnappers threaten to hurt the child, too. What is the operator going to tell the R's that would have helped them? Not to touch anything? To read the letter over and over again?

And you don't get my point....this investigation was ruined because of the BPD and their juvenile attempt of solving a murder that could have been solved. Yes, I do hold the police responsible, if I lived in Boulder, I would be madder than hell! I am not saying the BPD is responsible for JBR's death, just that they should have been a bit more professional in the way they handled this investigation from the get-go. Oh, wait, I forgot, none of them had ever worked a homicide before, let's let them screw this one up.....it's just practice!

As far as parents reactions go, who is to say how you will react to something like this? You can't! And I amvery sure that they couldn't either. The Lindbergh's were long suspected in the kidnapping of their son because of the lack of emotion showed by both. We all know how that ended up, don't we.....

I don't believe the R's are guilty or innocent, the jury is still out as far as I am concerned. I just want to posee questions that I feel a jury of their peers will ask, and obviously what the Grand Jury asked themselves. Oh, and didn't they come back and say there was not enough evidence to bring them to trial? Oh, or were they paid off, too?:dontknow:

Ajt400...you would call all your friends over to comfort you, when the kidnappers who took your child, and are monitoring your every move, write they will KILL her if you so much as talk to a stray dog?

I wouldn't....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back