Online stalker and bully after Toronto woman

This is his twitter. It's down now but it's the right one. A friend mentions msopinka on a tweet as telling her how to take a photo with the volume down button on an iphone. Looking for an instagram to see if there is another username for him.

https://twitter.com/msopinka

Hmm I'm seeing a profile for a Mike Sopinka in Ajax and it looks like this guy is a techie. This is of interest because Bruno traced an IP as coming from Ajax. I wonder if he had a office there.

Oh I see. It looks like someone has emptied his google+ account.

Just saw this thread Matou...what a :censored:

LinkedIn shows he's an experienced software engineer and web developer. No wonder he spends so much time harassing women on the internet. Scary dude.

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/michael-sopinka/84/a6/679

Can't believe he was using his actual name with the one young girl.

Just saw this thread Matou...what a :censored:

LinkedIn shows he's an experienced software engineer and web developer. No wonder he spends so much time harassing women on the internet. Scary dude.

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/michael-sopinka/84/a6/679

Can't believe he was using his actual name with the one young girl.

I know! WTF? Maybe he does have mental health issues.

IMO Police should be appealing to others in case he harassed them too and demanded breast photos, etc.

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/new...ine-harassment-case-against-stoney-creek-man/

that 'conversation' is fishy ... why not just block the creeper - why keep begging him to tell her how he found her and explaining how anxious he makes her feel ...

what a weird alternate reality some people live in online

I agree. Unfortunately, this kind of stuff happens all the time and this is mild compared to what I have seen. Most people that do this do not use their real identity. I question someone that has expertise in the area of computers, being bold enough to continue on using their real identity. A lot of times, there are people that have a grudge against someone and will steal that persons identity to defame them.

Because this kind of stuff is so prevalent, SM sites have added block features. Why is she not using these block features and continuing to communicate with him. One of the first things that they recommend a person to do when encountering a situation like this, is to ignore them.

I would want to dig deeper and get more than one perspective on this.

Ok, so it looks like he goes to court in Feb. and hopefully the investigators will be able to sort out if this is him doing this or someone using his identity. I would most likely feel very different about this, if I hadn't seen what I have online.

Although it's not uncalled for that a deranged individual would use their real identity to do this, usually they will try and mask that by using someone else's.

There are many ways a person can hide behind proxies to do this.

I have seen to many peoples names and photos stolen and used for this purpose. I want to see what the investigators find.

I am a strong advocate for victims. I would have to agree with the detectives about posting his name. If it is not him and someone else there could be repercussions for defamation. Let the investigators do their work first. If she is convinced it's him and it turns out not to be, then she may be opening herself up to a vulnerable situation, i.e. trusting the wrong person.

Although I agree with the concept of warning others or reaching out to others that may have been victims of this person, by doing so without proof of who it is, may provoke her stalker.

This situation is a little different than say a situation where you know who your attacker is for instance.

John Sopinka was a respected attorney on the Supreme Court of Canada. He passed away in 1997, but he has a very visible presence in the Stoney Creek/Hamilton area, even having a courthouse named after him. So I can understand why, if MS is related to him, the family would want to keep this quiet.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back