OR - 13 year old boy sexually assaulted in Park

Bumped up for this little boy.Have they found out any more of who this guy could be?

Not that I'm aware of and I've checked everyday. This bothers me greatly as my adult son and his fiance live within blocks of this park. They are expecting their first child (any second now) and have stated that they don't feel comfortable being near the park with their new baby. I'll post if I see anything at all.

FWIW, I was never able to recall the other man arrested and charged with a similar crime. There was a mug shot of him and I believe it was in a neighboring state. If anyone can come up with that case, please post.

There use to be a thread on this.I can't find it.I'm sorry.

http://beavertonpolice.org/publicati...Updategpsa.pdf

This link is not coming up to this sexual predators page any more in the link above.I've been praying for this little boy.This is important me please.Did they find out who he was?Can anyone find out?

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/....html#comments

more at link

fanno-creek-park-sex-assault-suspectpng-b9149fe2c714668d_small.png

Beaverton Police DepartmentPolice have released a sketch of the suspect in a sexual assault in Fanno Creek Park Monday.
BEAVERTON -- Police today released a composite sketch of a suspect in a sexual assault case against a 13-year-old boy in
Fanno Creek Park

Monday afternoon.

At about 2:35 p.m. Monday, police received a report that while the boy was picking blackberries in the park, he was approached by a 50- to 60-year-old man and sexually assaulted about 150 yards south of Denney Road, said Pam Yazzolino, Beaverton police
spokeswoman. Police Tuesday had said the assault occurred in
Greenway Park

, but today corrected the location to Fanno Creek Park.

Immediately after the assault, the boy ran from the park and told his mother, who reported the incident to police.

Police searched the area using a tracking dog along with car and foot patrols, but were unable to locate the suspect, who was described as having balding white hair.
Police said today that the man was also described as being about 6 feet 1 inch tall and of average weight.

Ms Suzanne--I remember the case well. I live in Oregon (Ashland) but have adult kids and a grandchild in Beaverton. Let me see if I can find our thread. I've never forgotten the case either and I think I've brought it up a few times on other threads.

There was an incident with an attempted abduction of a little boy in Tualatin or Tigard and then the horrid guys from the Silverdaddies site who lured a boy down here in Medford. One of those guys was an administrator for the hospital in Tualatin.

Let me look.....

I just read our earlier thread and also asked a mod to move this one to the earlier one. I see now that you addressed me, Ms Suzanne, about the information I'd forgotten. No, that was not what I was thinking of. I followed the Boy Scout case closely and posted about it. That article ran in April 2010. The boy was assaulted in Beaverton in August and in late August or very early September, I saw something in an article (a mug shot, I believe) that made me think of the guy in Beaverton.

I check the Oregonian and the Register Guard each morning and run a Google News search on child *advertiser censored* and child rape several times each day. It must have been a story that not only had a photo but was also fairly nearby and had a similar MO. I could kick myself as I typically keep notes. I spent a good bit of time trying to find what I'd seen and I never did. I'll look again tonight.

I just spent over an hour researching arrests made in the Western states between Aug. 19th, when the police sketch was released, and my post on Sept. 4th. I looked for abductions, attempted abductions and stranger assaults on boys. I even checked out the child *advertiser censored* arrests for that time frame. I looked again at the photo of Timur Dykes and I don't believe that's the photo I saw. I'd seen Dykes photo in the Oregonian while the trial was going on earlier in the year. I don't see any August or September reprinting of Dykes photo.

What I recall is that a 50s-60s man had been arrested in one of the Western states and in looking at a mug shot of him, I recalled the police sketch of the guy in Beaverton. The arrested man looked somehow "dignified", either just by his appearance or by his appearance and his position. That particular sketch stayed with me as it closely resembles a person I know. But I happen to know that that man was not in Beaverton at the time. I'm very disappointed with myself as I'm usually much more careful with possible tips.

Thank you.I'm just wondering since his page doesn't come up on that link.If they ever found out who he was and who is he and if anyone can find out.

Suzanne--If I were you, I'd call a detective in Beaverton. Surely they can update you on the situation. If you have any tips, they'd be happy to listen. I've found LE to be very gracious every time I call with a tip or to get an update. And can you clarify what link doesn't work, please.

As far as I can tell, the man hasn't been apprehended. One of the things I noticed is that he assaulted the child around lunchtime. He might work nearby or have been cruising around on his lunch hour. It's surprising to me that he hasn't struck again. What worries me is that boys and male teens are notoriously poor reporters of sex abuse. This little guy was the exception. He's a brave boy, indeed, to run home and tell his mother. Most boys try to simply forget about the assault and that never works.

This guy needs to be found. These things don't happen just once.

I went back and looked and I see now that the first link on this thread doesn't work but the others do. I also found a Youtube video concerning the incident and a description. The man's shirt is described as a blue Hawaiian shirt with white flowers and leaves. Not that many guys in the Portland area wear Hawaiian shirts. That should be an excellent factor in someone recognizing a person they know. If he was a transient, I'd think that LE would recognize him. The child was attacked around 2 pm on a Monday in August, so during a work week and before schools are in session. The boy was picking berries, blackberries, I imagine. They are extremely prolific in Oregon in August. The Youtube video is also here:

http://beaverton.katu.com/content/did-you-see-man-around-beaverton-monday

There's no mention of facial hair but the sketch makes it seem as if he had a small beard or goatee. The brown boots make me wonder if he wasn't working construction somewhere in the area and drove by and saw the boy. I'm kind of curious as to where he assaulted the child as our Oregon blackberry bushes are brutal. You simply cannot crawl under them or even get too close. The thorns are vicious.

I do not have a phone to call.

Suzanne--If I were you, I'd call a detective in Beaverton. Surely they can update you on the situation. If you have any tips, they'd be happy to listen. I've found LE to be very gracious every time I call with a tip or to get an update. And can you clarify what link doesn't work, please.

As far as I can tell, the man hasn't been apprehended. One of the things I noticed is that he assaulted the child around lunchtime. He might work nearby or have been cruising around on his lunch hour. It's surprising to me that he hasn't struck again. What worries me is that boys and male teens are notoriously poor reporters of sex abuse. This little guy was the exception. He's a brave boy, indeed, to run home and tell his mother. Most boys try to simply forget about the assault and that never works.

This guy needs to be found. These things don't happen just once.

I highly suggest, for your own peace of mind, that you call the Beaverton Police and inquire. I'm not sure if you know the victim or are a citizen of Oregon, but you surely are a concerned citizen. You have every right to know the status of the case. Please let us know what they say.

I highly suggest, for your own peace of mind, that you call the Beaverton Police and inquire. I'm not sure if you know the victim or are a citizen of Oregon, but you surely are a concerned citizen. You have every right to know the status of the case. Please let us know what they say.
I do not have a phone to call them and I cannot afford it.If any one finds out please let me and us know.

Suzanne--You've contacted Beaverton Police and they won't release information or they replied that they haven't caught the perp? Can you clarify, please. Usually, LE is quite good at giving the public simple updates on specific high profile crimes--especially those involving the safety of children. If you live in the area or you frequent that park (or someone you love does), please check again or contact a city council person. That's outrageous to not answer if you are looking for a simple answer.

I just posted above that I tried to email them and have not heard back from them.If anyone else finds out please let me and us know ok?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back