OR OR - Brandon Perdue, 18, Medford, 13 June 2008

Seems like it would be kind of difficult to make a car dissapear. Sell it to a chopshop, or drive it out of state and park it illegaly, let it get towed, maybe?
I've often wondered, in missing person cases, when the MP's car is found, often with the keys in it, if the perp left it hoping a car thief would steal it. I used to work for a guy at a limo company that pulled that with an awful lemmon of a Cadillac sedan. He drove it to somewhere in the Bronx, left the keys in it, came back a few days later to confirm it was gone, and reported it stolen.
I can't imagine, after 4 years, that hunters/hikers/teenagers partying wouldn't have come across it.

Medford missing persons cases reach eight in 2012

[snip]

Since 1978, eight people have gone missing in Medford. Two of those cases happened just last year.

[snip]

In three of these cases, a car could give police answers, but no vehicle is showing up.

"I understand the ability to maybe hide a person or be able to, if you want to, kill yourself and not be found. I do not get how we did not find a car in any of these three cases cause the car is out there," says Lt. Budreau.

[snip]

Brandon Edward Perdue was reported missing in June of 2008.

More: http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_4625.shtml?wap=0

I wish some MSM in the area ran some coverage of this....but this is the one local case I have heard no one talk about. :(

Thinking of Brandon and his loved ones. It's been 5 years.

I just hope he didn't harm himself...

Missing since 2008: Brandon Perdue

http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_9490.shtml?wap=0

New picture

NCMA1098922c1.jpg

I've been worried about this young man since I first learned about his disappearance. I just hope he's safe and okay.

I wonder if he just drove his car into a rather deep body of water in a remote area, perhaps off a boat dock or boat launch---either with him still inside, or not. Cars don't float.

Let's hope he ditched his car and is living and working somewhere more to his liking.

I had not heard of this case but just saw a good sized ad for him in USA Today.

I came across Brandon's case while researching another case. There doesn't seem to be much info on Brandon besides the fact he was last seen at a Dairy Queen and he was suicidal. His car was never found which I think is odd however he could have parked it deep in the forest or near an old logging road neither of which are frequented by people often. Without more information I can't conclude a theory that i'm satisfied with. I can't seem to find an official facebook page or anything similar for him. Perhaps his family is not too internet savvy - I don't want to accuse them of not looking but I find it a bit odd there doesn't seem to be many articles or pages dedicated to him when I search his name.

I wish I could research this case more but like I said there just doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there. I hope Brandon will be found soon and I wish there was more that I could do. If anyone has any recent information or theories or anything at all I'd love to know.

I'm sorry for posting here twice in a row but I literally cannot stop thinking about this young man. It makes me real sad to think he might have committed suicide. I've google mapped the area his cell phone last pinged - such a vast labyrinth that one could very easily get lost in. I wonder if perhaps Brandon drove his car into a lake somewhere and that's why the car has never been found?

I was wondering if anyone could contact his case manager or the detective agency working on his case - I am incredibly shy and would never have the guts to do so myself but I have seen people here do things like that before. There are no recent news articles on this case and I was just wondering if there could be any update at all that we don't know about.

I really hope that Brandon is still alive although I really doubt it. Something about his picture just makes me really care about him.

Medford Man Still Missing After Exactly 10 Years
On June 13, 2008, Perdue was at home and had been texting with his family and friends. He suddenly left his house, dressed in "casual clothing," and drove off in his car. MPD says that Perdue was texting that he was considering harming himself. He continued texting until his cell phone was "deactivated"—probably from a drained battery, MPD says.

The last reported contact with Perdue was a text message received by one of his friends just before 9 p.m. that night. No one has heard from him since.

Now, 10 years after Perdue's disappearance, MPD are asking for public assistance to close the case:

"We are asking for the public’s help in locating Brandon Perdue and or his vehicle. The vehicle is very important to locate. This vehicle may have already been found and recovered. We ask that wrecking yards, tow companies in the Southern Oregon, Northern California region to check their tow records and check their inventory for the Perdue vehicle.

Medford Police

Ten years later and still no sign of Brandon Perdue, nor his vehicle. Please read this to help us with this mystery.

On 061308 at about 6:30 pm Brandon Perdue, then 18, was home and had been texting with family and friends. Brandon Perdue left his home abruptly, dressed in casual clothing, in his red 1998 Honda Civic (Oregon license XVB-615). He was texting that he was considering harming himself. Brandon Perdue continued to text until his cell phone was deactivated, likely a drained battery. We determined that the last contact with Brandon was a text message received by a friend at about 8:54 pm. There have been no confirmed contacts with family or friends since.

Cell phone data was received and analyzed by forensic analysts in June 2008. After evaluating the data we determined that Brandon Perdue, after leaving his home, drove north on Highway 62 to Eagle Point then traveled east, through Eagle Point to Highway 140 continuing east. A cell tower located on Robinson Butte was the last tower to receive cellular activity that we have identified; those calls were documented at 7:46 pm. The Robinson Butte cell site is located just south of Highway 140 between Fish Lake and Lake of the Woods.

The vehicle is very important to locate. This vehicle may have already been found and recovered by a private citizen. We ask that wrecking yards, tow companies in the Southern Oregon, Northern California region to check their tow records and check their inventory for the Perdue vehicle. We ask anyone who while hunting, hiking or recreating may have seen or recovered the vehicle please contact Medford Police. Any information should be forwarded to Medford Police, Medford Oregon by phone, e mail or Facebook.

Attached photo is an enhanced likeliness of what Brandon Purdue would look like now. The photo of the car is of a similar vehicle.

B89513B4-7326-4DC4-9C4F-81B5D50879AA.jpeg 62C049D1-7A17-4542-9952-17C59D9FE43E.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back