OR OR - David 'Dave' Lewis, 46, Ashland, 4 September 2008

On the local Medford, Oregon KTVL 10 news tonight, the Sheriff Dept. announced that it has dedicated two employees to investigate cold cases. Dave Lewis is one of the first two that will be re-investigated. Troy Carney, who was murdered the same day, is the other. Good news!

*These may be volunteers, come to think of it. They both (a man and a woman) looked close to or past retirement age and are said to have many years experience in LE. The man said they would look for anything that may have been missed and interview people in hopes they might remember something.

I found the video! KTVL CBS Channel 10 :: News - Top Stories - Cold case unit started in Jackson County

Last edited by a moderator:
Israel Keyes was in the Western US around that time... murder and arson were a favorite combination of his.
From <modsnip: broken link>:

July 3, 2008, to July 7, 2008: Western U.S.

Sept. 16, 2008, to Sept. 24, 2008: Western U.S.

But... I think the Ashland murders/missing may be the responsibility of someone local. Just throwing the Keyes info out there.

Israel Keyes was in the Western US around that time... murder and arson were a favorite combination of his.
From <modsnip: broken link>:

July 3, 2008, to July 7, 2008: Western U.S.

Sept. 16, 2008, to Sept. 24, 2008: Western U.S.

But... I think the Ashland murders/missing may be the responsibility of someone local. Just throwing the Keyes info out there.

Thanks for that info. I think it was someone local too, but anything is possible. I'm really glad they are looking into these cases again.

According to the local news article and video quoted and linked below, the cold case investigators have now decided that the murder of Dave Lewis and Troy Carney are not connected. They are concentrating on Dave's case because they believe it will be easier to solve.

"Lewis&#8217;s body was found in the charred rubble of his home on the summit of Dead Indian Memorial Road. That same day, another body was found, belonging to transient man Troy Carney. The deaths fueled speculation that the two were connected, but investigators say new evidence suggests otherwise.
&#8220;We can find absolutely no connection between the two investigations, because of that we are now treating them as separate homicide investigations,&#8221; Pollock added.
Now the immediate focus is on Lewis, a case considered to be more solvable. Lewis had a tumultuous history with law enforcement, but was loved by many and now that five years have passed, investigators say emotions of those close to him have settled, and that&#8217;s playing to their advantage.

It will be six years September 4 since Dave Lewis was murdered. I hope there will be some kind of news update about the cold case investigation. His sons deserve answers and need to know that their Dad has not been forgotten.

Roma Villavicencio of KOBI Channel 5 did two stories about Dave Lewis near the anniversary of his murder. Thank you Roma!

Videos at links. The first story is about the investigation. The second deals with the impact on Dave's family. His sister has offered a $20K reward.

"It's an ongoing investigation. It's a giant puzzle we're trying. We've talked to hundreds if not dozens since we investigated," said Woodrow Pollock, one of several Sheriff's Investigators with the Cold Case Unit.

Pollock is trying to find out who killed 46-year-old Dave Lewis that day near Hyatt Lake.

"It's unusual that we can't get more people to comment of Dave Lewis' death."

Pollock said since Lewis' death they've had no suspects, but they do know someone burned down his house and another cabin nearby minutes later.

"We're still no closer to solving this case. One of the biggest problems in this case is forensic evidence."

Medford, Ore.-- Dave Lewis loved to fish and boat. His family members said the last six years without him have been hard to bare.

Lewis' relative wanted to remain anonymous but said, "He's missed without a doubt you know. He still lives in the household in commentary and you know it's part of a daily routine. It's a great deal of sadness having someone taken away from you."

On September 4, 2008 the Jackson County Sheriff's Office said Lewis' Ashland house on Dead Indian Memorial was burned to the ground with Lewis inside.

Eight years yesterday, September 4. More condolences to Dave's kids and family.

Who is walking free in our community? Again, the only thing to say is...
image.jpeg

Now do the right thing.

September 4, 2008--Nine years since Dave was murdered.

Still unsolved. Does a killer walk among us? My thoughts go out to his family, especially his three sons.

I missed the 10 year mark in September. Bumping for Dave. I didn’t find any recent articles to post.

So many unsolved cases in the area. :(
<modsnip: broken link>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member