OR - Do you know these babies? Deputies look for camera owners

Raise of hands if you've ever had something stolen from you. Of those that have had that unfortuate experience, how many had any of the items returned, especially after 6 years? Personally, I have had a camera stolen from my car. I did not recover it. Yes, it had pictures of my children as babies, and fortunately they were not the only images I had of them. I would have never expected LE to have tracked me down by publically displaying some of my photos if my property HAD been found. I stand by my suspicion that there is more to the story than LE spending time and effort to simply do a good deed 6 years after the fact. I am not villifying nor criticising the victims of the original theft. It's just in my mind, the story doesn't fit with my albeit limited knowledge of police work. Hope that opinion doesn't get ME villified here.

I vaguely remember another case where pictures were also found of some children in a daycare and LE were looking for anyone who recognized the daycare or the children. If I find the story, I'll post it.

I don't think we were wrong in our assumptions. Very rarely do they expose pictures of children without some criminal connection looking for a perp.

This is the first for me.

Quoting myself:

This is the story I was referring to:

http://www.northescambia.com/2010/12/police-seek-daycare-photo-info-to-help-endangered-child

Websleuths thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123429"]FL - NW FL Authorities seek help identifying daycare - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I never once thought that there was something sinister going on. IIRC, in the daycare pics, they blurred the faces of the children to protect their identities. With so many adult faces in those pictures, they would have done the same with the babies if there was something more going on.

I never once thought that there was something sinister going on. IIRC, in the daycare pics, they blurred the faces of the children to protect their identities. With so many adult faces in those pictures, they would have done the same with the babies if there was something more going on.

Neither did I. Police clearly decided to do a good deed, but I disagree with police displaying the photos of children on the internet without having permission from parents. If my camera was stolen I wouldn't have wanted police to do that to find me. But there is no reason whatsoever to suspect these victims of theft of doing anything wrong.

Raise of hands if you've ever had something stolen from you. Of those that have had that unfortuate experience, how many had any of the items returned, especially after 6 years? Personally, I have had a camera stolen from my car. I did not recover it. Yes, it had pictures of my children as babies, and fortunately they were not the only images I had of them. I would have never expected LE to have tracked me down by publically displaying some of my photos if my property HAD been found. I stand by my suspicion that there is more to the story than LE spending time and effort to simply do a good deed 6 years after the fact. I am not villifying nor criticising the victims of the original theft. It's just in my mind, the story doesn't fit with my albeit limited knowledge of police work. Hope that opinion doesn't get ME villified here.

Yes, I had things stolen from me. And yes, police didn't do anything to find/return them (other than allowing me to file a report). But in this particular case police clearly decided to do a good deed. It happens sometimes.

As I said before, I get where some of you are coming from, but in the case you linked above the headlines clearly state "Police Seek Daycare Photo Info To Help Endangered Child" which is a big difference from wanting to return stolen camera and pics. To assume more must be going on, IMHO, is to assume the parents of the child(s) in the photos must be guilty of something based on very little.
It's the presumpsion on guilt over innocense that bothers me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back