OR OR - Duane Fochtman, 15, Lincoln City, 22 July 1986

Does anyone know any other details about any of these missing teens?
Duane Foctman, July 22nd, 1986
Jeremy Doland Bright, August 14th, 1986
Kerby Allen Bessey, August 28th, 1986

I actually know someone who ran away from that town, around that time. The person does not go by any of those names. Does anyone know any other details about any of those teens. Family background, parents first names, where they were born. I know this person left on their own accord, and has not been in touch since. I have the information I was asking about, and wonder if any of those 3 names match it.

Wait, you know them in this day and age and they are alive? I wondere if it is one of these missing boys. I know no one has any idea what happened to Duane or Kerby. Kerby would be 57 right now and Duane would be 45. Jeremy is almost certainly dead. But if you actually know these people right now can you teell them to call the police? They don't have to ever talk to their family again, but there are so many people out there that are super worried about them. I know that I have never met any of these young men but I still think about them a lot. Just finding out that one of them is alive and well would be such a relief to so many people who hang out on these sites.

Bumping. Duane is my 3rd cousin. He went missing two years before I was born, and I don't know any of his immediate family, but he's still my family and I hope to see him found one day.

Bumping again...

It appears that his father died in 2012. That he never got any answers about what happened to his son is tragic...

Does anyone know how to go about having one's DNA run against any kind of Doe database? I'm uploaded on GEDMatch, but if police are not actively searching for Duane (or any particular case) then I'm not holding out hope for my profile triggering as a match for him. He has a DNA profile that's uploaded, but I do not know where. I would love to be able to find a way to compare his profile and/or mine to found and still unidentified Does. Ever since I discovered that I have a family member who went missing this has become a personal passion project of mine. I really hope to one day find out what happened to him.

Thank you!

How sad that law enforcement in the '80s thought he left of his own accord. He was a vulnerable 15-year-old.

NamUs link, photo of Duane, Age progression:

View attachment 351696View attachment 351697
When I look at the first photo, he appears to be with another person. In fact, it looks like another shoulder on the left side of the photo. Is there any way to gain a **full** picture?

At least one of my older brothers knew Duane. They were the same age, all went to school in Lincoln City. I remember some talk of him hitchhiking and not being seen again. My mom kept a newspaper clipping about Duane's disappearance for many, many years. I often wonder what happened. I wish for closure for his family and all who knew and loved him.

If Duane was hitchhiking, which is quite possible, was it ever speculated where he was heading? My guess woukd either be north to Portland or south to California. But it would be nice to know in what direction to look.

Duane really reminds me of a UID I've seen but of course now I can't find it. I do remember the clay facial reconstruction had a wig which looked exactly like his hair. It was probably a california doe...I'll keep Duane in mind if I come across it again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back