OR OR - Gordon Lopez, 21, Portland, 3 Jan 1986

Just came across this doe on a facebookpost. What do you guys think? They’re so similar imo.found 3 days after Gordon went missing.

Post mortem at the link.

According to the Charley Project, Gordon's "favorite author was the Swiss/German poet and novelist Hermann Hesse."

Hermann Hesse attempted suicide at age 15, and although he later wrote against suicide, it seems like those feelings plagued him for the rest of his life, writing:

"All suicides are familiar with the struggle against the temptation of suicide. Every one of them knows very well in some corner of his soul that suicide, though a way out, is rather a mean and shabby one, and that it is nobler and finer to be felled by life than by one's own hand."

Given his troubled family history, maybe Gordon felt he had already been felled by life, so he sought the way out by his own hand.

Just came across this doe on a facebookpost. What do you guys think? They’re so similar imo.found 3 days after Gordon went missing.

Post mortem at the link.
I actually independently had submitted this as a possible match. There are freckles/ moles that match, particularly the one on the upper forehead.

I actually independently had submitted this as a possible match. There are freckles/ moles that match, particularly the one on the upper forehead.
Wow yeah, great observation—he looks EXACTLY like Gordon!

From the description, Gordon was well traveled, having connections to several states. I just wonder what connection, if any, he had to the Chicago area. It's a 31-hour drive from Portland, OR, where he was last seen. That assumes a straight drive, though he probably would've had to rest for one or two nights. This fits the time line perfectly, as Gordon was last seen on January 3, and UP14306 was found on January 6. So if it's him, he died pretty much as soon as he arrived in Chicago!

Wow yeah, great observation—he looks EXACTLY like Gordon!

From the description, Gordon was well traveled, having connections to several states. I just wonder what connection, if any, he had to the Chicago area. It's a 31-hour drive from Portland, OR, where he was last seen. That assumes a straight drive, though he probably would've had to rest for one or two nights. This fits the time line perfectly, as Gordon was last seen on January 3, and UP14306 was found on January 6. So if it's him, he died pretty much as soon as he arrived in Chicago!
Possibly answering my own question:

The place where UP14306 was found in Chicago is less than 10 miles away from where the Steppenwolf Theatre company was located from 1982 to 1991. The theatre was named after a novel by Hermann Hesse, Gordon's favorite author.

Was the theater company performing any plays at this time? Did Gordon want to see one before he died? If so, did other attendees notice or interact with him?

Possibly answering my own question:

The place where UP14306 was found in Chicago is less than 10 miles away from where the Steppenwolf Theatre company was located from 1982 to 1991. The theatre was named after a novel by Hermann Hesse, Gordon's favorite author.

Was the theater company performing any plays at this time? Did Gordon want to see one before he died? If so, did other attendees notice or interact with him?
That’s a great connection!
There was (still is) also a fairly popular train route that had daily trips between Portland and Chicago. Current time for the trip is about 45 hours. The address where the UID was found is an industrial building/factory next to train tracks. Maybe a stretch, but interesting.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back