OR OR - Jeremy Bright, 14, Myrtle Point, 14 Aug 1986

Thank you for the welcome. I too wish that it was not under these circumstances. It's always great to find places where there are people who care enough to do what you all do. We hope that some day soon we get the answers in Jeremy's disappearance. We have not given up hope and know that someone out there has to know something. My goal is to find that someone.

I added the link to Jeremy's photos on the Pacific Northwest site to his Facebook page. His page has allowed me reconnect with several people from back home and while only a few have chatted with me personally I hope that it gets people talking to each other. The more they talk the greater the chance that information will come out of that talking.

If anyone has any questions to that they would like to ask or ideas please feel free to ask. It's hard to read through some of this stuff but my goal in doing so is to bring my brother home and lay him to rest in peace and give my Mom the closure that she deserves. No parent should ever have to live so many years without knowing where their child is.

There were a few "rumors" or "theories" on what happened to Jeremy presented in the Unsolved Mysteries show. If it's not too personal, which theory do you believe? What do you feel happened to Jeremy?

Also, is there anything that you would like us, as sleuthers, to have a look at? Keep in mind that we can't "sleuth" anyone who has not been named a suspect or person of interest by LE or the media. But we can look at those that have been named, at connections between cases, or other ideas.

Honestly I don't think any of them are very accurate to what happened. I have been talking to many people, gathering info from here and there and I'm starting to put some pieces together. Is there a way for me to share the information without it being accessible to the general public?

There were a few "rumors" or "theories" on what happened to Jeremy presented in the Unsolved Mysteries show. If it's not too personal, which theory do you believe? What do you feel happened to Jeremy?

Also, is there anything that you would like us, as sleuthers, to have a look at? Keep in mind that we can't "sleuth" anyone who has not been named a suspect or person of interest by LE or the media. But we can look at those that have been named, at connections between cases, or other ideas.

People are talking and I am getting information. I am hoping that soon we will have answers

Honestly I don't think any of them are very accurate to what happened. I have been talking to many people, gathering info from here and there and I'm starting to put some pieces together. Is there a way for me to share the information without it being accessible to the general public?

We do have private forums here at Websleuths, where only members can read. However, I would remind you that almost anyone can become a registered member here and be able to read what you post. If there is any chance that what you would share would compromise any investigation or give anyone insight into what you are discovering, I would recommend not sharing here or on any other forum. However, if there's anything we can help you with, let us know.

When I first looked at his picture the names Jacob Wetterling and Johnny Gosch came to mind. He looks like them.

Sounds like S'te is onto some leads, lets home they come to something.

This case reminds me so much of Walter Ackerman, also missing from the coast but in 1990. His case was recently solved (finally!) after 20 years. I think that Jeremy, like Walter, knew his kidnappers/ attackers and it is only a matter of time before someone comes forward.

S'te, I hope you and your family get the answers you are looking for.

I'm a friend (via online forums/groups) of Ste1977's and new to the forums. It's heartwarming to know there is a thread here about Jeremy, and I hope they get answers sooner rather than later <3

Jeremy Bright
Missing 14 August 1986
From Myrtle Point, OR

Vital Statistics

DOB: 25 May 1972
Sex: Male
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Height: 6 ft 0 in
Weight: 140 lbs

Source
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Hotline: 1-800-843-5678

Just so little to go on. I remember the day vividly. All the rumors. Then nothing. Something I have felt was going to be solved by 'talk' and now with one poi dead, not much can be found out thru him. I've got to go to bed, I'm not making much sense! Lol.

Hi, I came here via the notice on the front page. I've read what was posted here but I'm very new to the case. Has someone gotten in touch with S'te? Hopefully her brother's case being spotlighted will get more activity here and she might be interested in helping us answer some questions.

If it's not to insentive to ask, what was Jeremy's stepfather like? It sounds like they got along well but the second article quoted here states that Jeremy's mother and him were getting a divorce so I wonder if it's possible that when Jeremy met him the cafe that something happened. Maybe not since I'm sure a lot of people would jump to this conclusion and nothing indicates that he was ever a POI.

I wonder what happened to him, I believe that the other posters are right and it was either someone who travelled around or someone who knew Jeremy. If it's the former does anyone know if Jeremy would have talked to strangers? A carnival worker sounds like a plausible scenario because it's a stranger who wouldn't be immediately connected to the case by locals but at the same time it's someone who has a plausible excuse to be talking to children.

Very sad to hear that after this many years he has still not been found. I do hope the rumors could bring about some truth. He is somewhere! I hope his family is brought peace soon.

My prayers are with Jeremy and his family. How horrible that they haven't been able to know the truth about that day so many years ago. I pray the answers they seek will soon come....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic
Back