OR OR - Joan Hall, 17, Warrenton, 30 Sept 1983

This is such sad story, and with all of the police statements twisted every which way I doubt the truth will ever be known. It's cases like this where I wish more forceful interrogations were available to LE. The murderer has all the rights as it sits now. Not saying I want police putting the screws to every suspect, but when there's a viable suspect with enough circumstantial evidence pointing in their direction to satisfy a high standard, a judge should be able to issue a warrant for more extreme interrogation techniques. Especially in cases where a life might be saved. Truth serum would be a good start.

I agree, They need to come forward and face up to what they did.

Allow me to post this status from Joanie's Facebook page.

November 13, 2015
To the person that knows what happened to Joanie Hall (and yes I do know you are out there) and won't help Clatsop County District Attorney Josh Marquis & Clatsop County Sheriff John Bergin bring her killers to justice... Don't fool yourself.

The world will always be full of entitled sociopaths who kill innocents and continue their merry way through life taking whatever or whoever got in their way.

But the world NEEDS...the world COUNTS ON... Good people to who will stand up against evil acts. And when you know who did this to Joanie Hall and you do NOTHING, you are guilty too.

You can keep telling yourself you are not a bad person and that you did nothing wrong. But yes. You did do something wrong. When 32 years have gone by and you kept your mouth shut, you became guilty too.

Call Sheriff Bergin and call DA Josh Marquis and tell them what happened. Every last little detail. And do not leave anything out for fear of being prosecuted yourself. And then tell them where Joanie's remains are located. So that Joanie can be laid to rest with love and dignity by her beloved parents and her older brother and sister. Who all died way too young. Because Joanie's abduction and murder did not kill just one person.

Grow a pair and find redemption in the process.

Today is September 30th, 2016. Thirty three years ago today Joanie Hall vanished. A lot of years have now passed. What is it going to take for the person who know where she is buried to finally contact the detectives and tell them? For Gods sake, hasn't Joanie Hall had enough stolen from her?

Asking everyone to pray or send positive thoughts today that the person with the answers finally has their conscience kick in and calls Clatsop County Sheriffs Detectives Mike Smith or Ryan Humphrey at 503-325-8635.

I2Wq9Qjl.jpg

Saw this today and thought about Joanie. I need to familiarize myself with her case again. He was convicted of sexual assault in 1986. I wonder if he was in the area when she went missing. Seems like a lot of his victims were pre-teen/children, but still might be worth looking into.

Deputies: Warrenton resident known as 'The Candyman' arrested on child sex abuse charges

http://katu.com/news/local/deputies...-candyman-arrested-on-child-sex-abuse-charges

http://www.katu.com/news/local/87753802.html?tab=video&c=y
VERY interesting information is discussed in this news report. They tracked down all the boys, only two agreed to be interviewed over phone. Mike Basch and Jimmy sears, and also Mike Baschs father, the reporting deputy spoke. There was also mention of a witness who saw Joanie getting into a car at the Warrenton Mini-mart. However she TOO changed her statements. When asked why, she said G.M Basch bullied her into doing so. She said Joanie looked confused and scared.

I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of this interview, or a transcript of the news broadcast? The video is no longer active.

I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of this interview, or a transcript of the news broadcast? The video is no longer active.

https://www.facebook.com/JoanieHallMissing/posts/1814461308593856

Here is a transcript of the report.

According to an initial police report that KATU News uncovered a year ago, three boys said they saw Joanie Hall in a Warrenton driveway the day she disappeared. They said she was in Mike Moore’s car at about 4 p.m. But later all three changed their stories and said it wasn’t Joanie Hall. It was someone else, a girl named Treesa Woods.

Maggie Perry, Joanie’s best friend at the time, showed a KATU News reporter a picture of Joanie and Treesa. She said Treesa looked nothing like Joanie. Perry said she never knew someone reported seeing Joanie after 2 p.m. the day of her disappearance until she saw KATU’s report last year.

“Someone is really holding back,” Perry said. “There’s a group of kids that know what happened that night, and I wish they would come forward and deal with what they did.”

In One Ear: What happened to Joanie?

Sept. 30 marks the 35th anniversary of the date that Warrenton High School student, 17-year-old Joan Leigh Hall, went missing. The teen was supposed to assist tutoring children at 2 p.m. that day at Warrenton Grade School, but never showed up — which was puzzling, since Joanie was a reliable girl, and the night before had been elected president of the sheriff’s office’s student Explorers program.

Can´t find any unidentified Jane Doe in Oregon matching her description. At least not anyone found between 1983 and 1990

Maybe I missed seeing it, but what about the DNA that was sent to compare to the skull that had been found years ago at Mt. Hood gov't campsite?! Was the comparison ever made and if so, what was the result? Perhaps someone who followed that knows where they can try and get an update? Or maybe the answer can be found on her facebook. Anyone know where to write to get this info? Also, i found this link re. the case, not sure if it has been posted yet but I don;t think so. Joan “Joanie” Hall: Teen missing from Oregon since 1983

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back