OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyron's mother lives in Medford, about four hours south of Portland.

I'm glad they're not getting the weather there that we're having here, thunderstorms and heavy downpours.

Your child goes missing from school, the one place you think he is safe. Scary nightmare.

Read the last comment on this page--comment by Jamie:

http://salem-news.com/articles/june042010/missing_boy.php

Editor's note: I strongly suggest not bothering with the ridiculous phone number listed above, it is an endless maze; if you know anything about the whereabouts of this boy, dial 911 and be insistent that they take your report

I read that earlier but it seems like the editor is frustrated trying to call it in.

Are they not thinking this was an abduction otherwise why haven't we heard pleas from the parents for his safe return?

I don't see anything about the dad....Did I missed that?

Snip
Kyron's absence went unnoticed throughout the day, deputies said, and he was not reported missing until hours later.
I just don't understand this at all. What about his teacher would she not notice if he wasn't in class???

At my grandson school we forgot to call that he was not going to be in school and we got a call and a lecture.

I don't like the sound of this. So he lives with his dad and stepmom. But I have not seen were dad have made a plead. So confused !!!!

Kids on FB are discussing this case. They claim that there was a "creepy" man at the school walking around by himself. They also said that the school was open for people to come and go.

They may be thinking he is simply lost in that woods. I don't take note of parents ont coming on the news making a plea, as meaning anything. I can't think of a time when that happened and it made any difference...JMO.

I assume there has not been any type of ransom call, or FBI would be involved, not waiting to be involved. And no evidence of an abduction so can't do an Amber Alert. Unless the police know more, it is just a mystery right now.

I have 3 children, so I've been to many of those little science fairs. (and helped
make the displays) =) His is very good!

I remember people wandering around freely from room to room in the school, and there was never anyone monitoring the front door.. In fact at any kind of event I have gone to at the kids schools (even Elementary) strangers could be milling around and someone may think it's someone's parent..

That was my first thought, and fear.

I had a dream of him this morning. I saw him in a white cargo van, the side door was open and I saw him sitting on the floor. Fear was attacking him and I saw his parents overwrought with fear, and dispair.
I felt in the dream that if the parents were able to shake off the fear and dispair, it would strengten him to not be afraid.
This post is not meant to discourage or judge the parents, but rather to encourage everyone to pray for them that the parents would be able to overcome their normal natural fear, and pray and speak courage into Kyron's heart.

May he escape whatever situation he is in, and courageously ask for help to call home.
May he come home safe, sound, and stronger from this ordeal.
May he be filled to overflowing with hope, and confidence in his future, and overcome all fear and dispair.

Regardless of what happened, whether Kyron wandered off or was taken, the parents with children at this school need to be at Skyline Monday morning demanding that school personnel do their jobs of protecting the children who attend there.

I am just flabberghasted that the teacher didn't report him as absent to the office, that the office didn't call the parents, that he was allowed to slip through the cracks until his stepmom reported him missing.

If this were my child, I'd be having some people fired over this. I know Kyron's folks' number-one priority right now is finding Kyron, but dear god when the dust settles, I hope they raise forty kinds of hell with this school.

According to LE, the parents could not be cooperating more than they are. The father and stepmother are completely cooperative.

The mother lives in Medford. From what I understand, she just left today for Portland.

Your child goes missing from school, the one place you think he is safe. Scary nightmare.

Wonder if he went out to investigate the woods and somehow hurt himself?

I can think of a few scenarios
He was grabbed and taken
he hurt himself, fell, or rolled down into some ravine where he can't get up or family somehow is involved. moo

Regardless of what happened, whether Kyron wandered off or was taken, the parents with children at this school need to be at Skyline Monday morning demanding that school personnel do their jobs of protecting the children who attend there.

I am just flabberghasted that the teacher didn't report him as absent to the office, that the office didn't call the parents, that he was allowed to slip through the cracks until his stepmom reported him missing.

If this were my child, I'd be having some people fired over this. I know Kyron's folks' number-one priority right now is finding Kyron, but dear god when the dust settles, I hope they raise forty kinds of hell with this school.

Several links have stated that his teacher DID mark him as absent at the beginning of the school day. There was also a quote that the school does not ever contact parents of absent students because they do not have an issue there with absences. While I do not agree with that policy, the parents there must have been just fine with the process, since they had not insisted that it be changed. I am sure that it will be done differently from now on, however.

jmoo

Totally inappropriate all the joking around that is going on prior to the press conference, imo.

Gosh, this sounds like something that could happen at my daughters school. They are a small charter school and they don't even call when kids are absent! At my daughters kindergarten graduation last week, my husband just took her home after the ceremony. I thought he informed her teacher, he thought I did the same but neither one of us did. We never received a call wondering where she was, they just assumed she went home with us..grrrrr.......

Unfortunately, many schools need sooo much more security than they have.

I am praying they can bring this cute little boy home safely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox