OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez........this reporting.

There must be an eyewitness to actually seeing this boy at this science fair other than just the stepmother's account of him being there. I would hope before a school spokesperson would give this as fact, they made sure through witness' account that he was in fact there.

Well I'm wondering how many people attended this science fair, sounds like parents went.. The Rose Festival (at least the rides ) is going on in downtown Portland also...
Lot's of people out and about
News is coming on right now

This is so frustrating. I wish there was something I could do. His poor parents, they must be frantic.

Our local FOX news isn't broadcasting tonight due to tech difficulties. :doh: I live in the sticks, I'm telling you!

Oh no!(to Kimster)
They are on scene right now at the school, there is a command center, lots of LE and Search and Rescue and parents out helping.. They are discussing WHY the school did not call home when the boy did not show up for class.

I am not assuming anyone else saw the child with his Mom until someone SAYS they saw the child and mom at the fair...The article does not really say that...and is it mom or step-mom, not that it should matter...

When did anyone last see him, outside of the family? That needs to be made clear, in order to know if he was at school and after mom left, he somehow vanished...

I am not assuming anyone else saw the child with his Mom until someone SAYS they saw the child and mom at the fair...The article does not really say that...and is it mom or step-mom, not that it should matter...

When did anyone last see him, outside of the family? That needs to be made clear, in order to know if he was at school and after mom left, he somehow vanished...

The news is saying something about him and the stepmother being seen at the science fair by the school staff.

Oh no!(to Kimster)
They are on scene right now at the school, there is a command center, lots of LE and Search and Rescue and parents out helping.. They are discussing WHY the school did not call home when the boy did not show up for class.

That is a great question. Here where I live, if a child is not in class, and no call has been made by the parents/guardian, they are calling asap to inquire.
Usually within the hour of classes starting.

School officials said Kyron Horman was supposed to arrive home at about 3:45 p.m., and the boy's father and stepmom alerted the school when he didn't show up. The last time he was seen was Friday morning about 8:45 when Kyron's stepmom left him at the school after looking at science fair projects.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/june042010/missing_boy.php

That is a great question. Here where I live, if a child is not in class, and no call has been made by the parents/guardian, they are calling asap to inquire.
Usually within the hour of classes starting.

That may be there policy, too, but confusion with him being at the science fair might have messed things up.

The news is saying something about him and the stepmother being seen at the science fair by the school staff.

Thanks DairyGirl.

Why didn't they state this in any article?

Where was the science fair located? In the gym? In the same building?

missing+kid+scene+2.jpg

missing+kid+scene+1.jpg

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Secon...-Elementary-95670454.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=1

I'm listening again, I just head the newscaster say this is the first time she is hearing that he was with his stepmother at the science fair. The last time the school staff saw him was with his stepmother, they did not see him at class, maybe they thought she took him home?

I'm a little confused about this science fair. I've attended several, and they have always been after school hours, in the early evening so that all parents can attend.

:waitasec:

News just said last time seen at 8:45am walking into his classroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500