OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem about the appointment stems from the fact that the sheriff, when asked, did not answer yes or no, instead saying he was not able to address that. He did not say there was no mention of an appointment, which would have cleared it up and stopped some of the speculation. Not sure if he did this because they are saying that about everything but it just leaves it out there.

You know, the fact that LE is being so super-secretive in this case is making us here go over the same things over and over...JMO

I notice that there is another element missing here. In most high-profile missing persons cases, we find ourselves welcoming several new posters to Websleuths who are personally acquainted with the missing person or their family or friends. I've seen new posters from the portland area, but none who have said that they personally know the family, teachers, neighbors etc. I think the closest we have is someone who is Facebook friends with cousins from out of town.

Where are the people who work with Kyron's parents and step-parents? where are the parents of the kids who have grown up going to school, playing on the same sports teams with Kyron's step-brother? Where are the neighbors who are friendly with the family?

Some teachers are married, some have boyfriends or girlfriends. Were any of their significant others at the school that day? Are any of them reading here?

I can't go to the grocery store, dentist office, pediatrician, or dry cleaners without running into someone who knows me or my kids or my husband...people we go to church with, who I've chatted with in the bleachers while watching the kids play sports or march in the band. Current and former neighbors, co-workers, heck, even the sample ladies at Wal-mart!

Where are these people who know what is really going on in this part of Portland?

Agreed, there are so many things that seem off.

In my opinion, the whole telling the teacher about an appt for Monday or the next week doesn't make any sense. I haven't heard this released as fact anywhere though, so this could be a misunderstanding.

It was nice to see the mother release a statement saying thank you, to the community and searchers. I don't recall , but have we not seen a statement from the parents saying thank you to searchers? Not necessarily on camera saying thank you or pleading, but just a thank you through their spokesperson? Anything?:waitasec:
This story about the appointment doesn't make any sense to me either.It bothers me.There is something wrong with this.

Former FBI agent and ABC News consultant Brad Garrett told "Good Morning America" today that while the investigation initially didn't appear to include any viable leads, that may have changed.

"I think they're thinking … that someone did do something to this child," he said.

Horman's parents have not yet spoken publicly, but are expected to release a statement later today. (That's wrong...his mother has spoken, both through his aunt and on the phone to a reporter.)

More at link:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyr...ts-kids-school-boy-vanished/story?id=10864503

I too don't see anything odd about SM telling teacher about appointment at the time that she did. SM was a teacher at one time, and may have felt that sense of ease and fellowship when relating to Kyron's teachers. She may well have intended to tell teh teacher through a note, a phone call an email. But since she bumped into the teacher as she was there Friday morn, it may have just been "oh, by the way, I was goign to (phone, write, email) you about Kyron's (doctor, dentist, whatever) appointment. He won't be here Monday morning."

In all the hubbub, teacher misheard, misunderstood, whatever the case may be, and thought it referred to that day (Friday).

I don't find any of that off and having spent enough time in and out of my own children's schools, both during regular days and days when special events are taking place - I can totally see it happening just that way.

I haven't seen clarified whether they were set up the day before, that morning, or a lil of each.

If they were set up the day before then the picture of Kyron could very well have been taken that night and not on Friday morning.

I agree I don't think the searchers are looking for a thank you from the parents, or expect one...But , I think it would be a nice gesture for the public to see a thank you and please don't give up looking for our son, we know he is out there.

Thank yous are always nice. But reality often interferes. Emotions are as raw as it gets in SAR work, especially when there is no news or bad news. We have had family members of missing loved ones actually physically assault members of our team just out of sheer frustration, disappointment, and anger. Not at the team...at the situation.

Please remember, folks- this family has a missing child. A missing child who has been gone for five torturous days now. Miss Manners is long gone... and has been rightfully replaced by sheer terror.

Regarding the talent Show, I haven't seen anywhere it officially confirmed he was meant to be in the talent show. I'd assume he wasn't really, firstly it says in a few places in his description Kyron is a shy boy. Generally shy little lads won't want to be in a talent show in front of the school. Also, I dunno if it's different in the US, but over here not every school child would take part in the show (that'd be a looong show!) usually there would be like class rounds first, and the best couple from each class would perform in the main show.

Edited to add: Guys we probably better stay away from the whole why SM told the teacher when she did (if she did) about the appointment. We're not supposed to speculate about what SM did, or how she "should" have done it! I know I'm not a mod or anything, just a friendly warning as I got slapped with a time out yesterday for something similar! (Had it overturned but wouldn't want it happeneing to someone else).

I agree I don't think the searchers are looking for a thank you from the parents, or expect one...But , I think it would be a nice gesture for the public to see a thank you and please don't give up looking for our son, we know he is out there.

Yes, and it's not about what the SAR teams expect. It's also about public perception.

When the public think that the parents are detached, they wonder why they should bother...and they become suspicious of why the parents are detached.

Maybe he was waiting at that entrance for someone he knew to take him somewhere?

Then I think it would have been odd for him to tell his friend he was going to look at an electricity project, instead of saying he was going to meet someone.

I think he said good-bye to his stepmom in the hallway walking to his classroom, decided to go look at that electricity project, told his friend that's where he was going, and was waylaid by someone (not the stepmom) and abducted.

I think that someone was a predator who took advantage of the lax security at the school to snag a child. I think that predator may have been a school employee or contractor or volunteer, but may also have just been someone familiar with the neighborhood.

With the lax security, and atmosphere of seeming safety, I don't think kids there would have any sense of danger or caution in that school, and would easily trust an adult, and easily be lured away. There was nothing in that school to tell kids to be careful. The environment told them they were safe, and adults were all safe.

I thought these were rumors from comments left on a news article or Facebook. Have they been confirmed in a news article we can link to?

Since there have been no statements by the mother or teacher, and Gates did not confirm a reporter's question about the appointment, I don't see how it could be anything but rumor.
I saw the comment posted under an article, purportedly by a person claiming to have heard the exchange, so I think that's where it came from. I'd say completely unsubstantiated rumor.

I notice that there is another element missing here. In most high-profile missing persons cases, we find ourselves welcoming several new posters to Websleuths who are personally acquainted with the missing person or their family or friends. I've seen new posters from the portland area, but none who have said that they personally know the family, teachers, neighbors etc. I think the closest we have is someone who is Facebook friends with cousins from out of town.

Where are the people who work with Kyron's parents and step-parents? where are the parents of the kids who have grown up going to school, playing on the same sports teams with Kyron's step-brother? Where are the neighbors who are friendly with the family?

Some teachers are married, some have boyfriends or girlfriends. Were any of their significant others at the school that day? Are any of them reading here?

I can't go to the grocery store, dentist office, pediatrician, or dry cleaners without running into someone who knows me or my kids or my husband...people we go to church with, who I've chatted with in the bleachers while watching the kids play sports or march in the band. Current and former neighbors, co-workers, heck, even the sample ladies at Wal-mart!

Where are these people who know what is really going on in this part of Portland?

Family, friends, and locals could very well be here reading and not posting, or posting and not announcing their relationship to the case.

If they were set up the day before then the picture of Kyron could very well have been taken that night and not on Friday morning.

I think police would have already identified the little girl in the back of the picture and know when the picture was taken.

JMO

With all the same clothes on? And the same people in the background who were there on Friday morning? I suppose that would be possible, but it's highly improbable.

I too don't see anything odd about SM telling teacher about appointment at the time that she did. SM was a teacher at one time, and may have felt that sense of ease and fellowship when relating to Kyron's teachers. She may well have intended to tell teh teacher through a note, a phone call an email. But since she bumped into the teacher as she was there Friday morn, it may have just been "oh, by the way, I was goign to (phone, write, email) you about Kyron's (doctor, dentist, whatever) appointment. He won't be here Monday morning."

In all the hubbub, teacher misheard, misunderstood, whatever the case may be, and thought it referred to that day (Friday).

I don't find any of that off and having spent enough time in and out of my own children's schools, both during regular days and days when special events are taking place - I can totally see it happening just that way.
I wonder what the appointment was going to be for?

I don't see anything at all hinky about it. The father was at work. The stepmom was home with an 18 month old baby, whose nap time is probably around 1pm - the same time as the talent show.

Maybe she couldn't get a babysitter. Maybe her babysitter cancelled on her.

Not every parent can make it to every school event. She was there in the morning for the science fair.

Nothing hinky about it at all.

Totally agree with you

I hope I NEVER have to be in those parental shoes and until I am given reason by LE to question ANY behavior of Kryon's loved ones, will not do so.

I pray they find that little boy but fear it will not be a happy outcome. The shear helplessness, terror, and rage Kyron's family must be feeling right now and every moment up to now not knowing where he is and if he is alive must be like a living thing, eating them whole.

Then I think it would have been odd for him to tell his friend he was going to look at an electricity project, instead of saying he was going to meet someone.

I think he said good-bye to his stepmom in the hallway walking to his classroom, decided to go look at that electricity project, told his friend that's where he was going, and was waylaid by someone (not the stepmom) and abducted.

I think that someone was a predator who took advantage of the lax security at the school to snag a child. I think that predator may have been a school employee or contractor or volunteer, but may also have just been someone familiar with the neighborhood.

With the lax security, and atmosphere of seeming safety, I don't think kids there would have any sense of danger or caution in that school, and would easily trust an adult, and easily be lured away. There was nothing in that school to tell kids to be careful. The environment told them they were safe, and adults were all safe.

You know, when I first heard "electricity project," I thought "stun gun."

Yes, and it's not about what the SAR teams expect. It's also about public perception.

When the public think that the parents are detached, they wonder why they should bother...and they become suspicious of why the parents are detached.

I understand that is the public impression. What I am saying is that in my experience, that is not the SAR impression. When you have worked with a lot of family/friends of missing persons, you come to expect all sorts of emotional responses- often ones that appear detached. It does not necessarily equal guilt.
Perhaps the public should adjust their mindset. It is impossible to know how one will react in these sorts of situations until they occur to oneself- and that does not typically happen to most of the general public (thankfully.)

Please continue here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5267740#post5267740"]OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member