OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay! Enough about me! On to Kyron! I did, however, want to add my daughter's theory of he was taken, ran away, and trying to get home... I thought that was very insightful!!

lol... Well, about the potato salad, we were explaining there are hungry kids out there so they were lucky to have such yummy stuff. lol (No, they didn't eat it lol)

They made me cry really now, as I showed them that you tube video posted about Kyron. They watched it with me and said, "I miss him. He needs to come home now." Then, they were worried about him eating, and my one daughter said "If he comes here, we'll make sure we feed him and keep him until they can get him." Well, I lost it right there so need a minute to gather myself... ugh....

Of course I had to laugh at that, but thought your daughter would say 'we'll make sure to feed him the potato salad . . . . lol

I think kids are taking Kyron's going missing very hard and they are very empathetic.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that this teacher did nothing wrong. Too bad for her, though. :innocent:

Of course I had to laugh at that, but thought your daughter would say 'we'll make sure to feed him the potato salad . . . . lol

I think kids are taking Kyron's going missing very hard and they are very empathetic.

I know my son has been praying for Kyron to come home safe every night at bed-time, and for all the bad people in the world to go away...

I hope at least one of his prayers come true.

I hope there is news tomorrow. I honestly fear that LE has not a clue as to what happened to Kyron, that is why they are still asking for leads, as they sure don't need the extra work those so-called leads produce. Those poor searchers, getting lost themselves, and injured. They would not be performing this difficult search just to "trick" a suspect, not this late in the process. I feel sorry for all of them, especially LE, as it will be up to them at some point to call off the searches; no matter what the Sheriff said, they cannot continue for more than maybe through the weekend, if nothing turns up.

Just hope we get an answer in this case, unlike Haleigh, unlike Lindsey, and so many others. It seems impossible to even contemplate that we might not get a resolution but I am sure it seemed that way with these other children too, in the early days. Very sad for all concerned right now.

Possibly, but if they have a POI, they may also have a suspicion about what that POI did with Kyron, and that would be a big influence on the question of what time frame is "too late". If a child is being held captive by an abductor, the abductor may keep the child alive for years (e.g. Jaycee Dugard, Steven Staynor, Shawn Hornbeck). And if the profile of the POI suggests he might be inclined to kill the child to dispose of the evidence, if he thinks LE is on to him, then the time frame for being careful not to tip off the POI that he's a POI is virtually unlimited (as is the time frame for pretending to be focusing on other possibilities, in order to keep the POI calm).

Oh, I see your point if you are basing this on a POI that would be keeping the child captive. I was basing my reasoning on a POI that was acting alone and wanted the child gone, which I certainly hope is not the case. Sometimes I get so caught up in my own theories. I have two theories, but can not discuss them at this time.

Ugh... Do you ever have the feeling that there's too much evil in the world? That maybe one person or 50 or 50,000 or 5 million can't fix? Maybe I shouldn't have talked to my girls about Kyron's disappearance. I don't want that on their minds... I think I need to walk away this evening, still thinking of Kyron, and get a fresh start tomorrow. I think I'm too sensitive for this shizzle. lol (my snarky masks my anxiety, that's how I roll)

Of course, as I type this, my girls are now onto the baby porcupines at Northwest Trek and playing with my voodoo doll from Louisiana! lol Maybe life is good after all... :)

Imo it was a great idea to do so. It takes years of rehearsing/educating kids about 'stranger danger'. Our son attended a complimentary seminar (couple hours or so) at a karate studio about self defense. When they got to some of the moves they could use on a stranger in the event of an abduction, it was a bit disturbing and heartbreaking to see how little force our son was using (which contradicts him when he have to force dress him for school at times due to his complete lack of cooperation). We realised how much more strength training, for example, he'd need.

Each child is different and has different levels of comprehension. Teaching them to follow their gut instinct - and helping them understand what that is - is key and once they get that, I feel they develop the understanding from thereon. After they understand that, the 'how to' in the situation is easier to teach them.

So don't ever feel they should not be talked to about it. We owe it to all our kids.

I did too... I have McAfee, and so far, so good.

O/T: Thanks to Poppy for the "weisenheimer" word de jour! It's my word o' the day! lol :D

I have Norton 360 and it just found 37 virus/ad risks...(I clicked on the link mentioned, too).

I think kids learning empathy for others is so important in life and sadly lacking from news reports of bullying etc. Although these kids are currently going through a horrific time...it will teach them many things in life IMO, although no child should have to experience this.

Ugh... Do you ever have the feeling that there's too much evil in the world? That maybe one person or 50 or 50,000 or 5 million can't fix? Maybe I shouldn't have talked to my girls about Kyron's disappearance. I don't want that on their minds... I think I need to walk away this evening, still thinking of Kyron, and get a fresh start tomorrow. I think I'm too sensitive for this shizzle. lol (my snarky masks my anxiety, that's how I roll)

Of course, as I type this, my girls are now onto the baby porcupines at Northwest Trek and playing with my voodoo doll from Louisiana! lol Maybe life is good after all... :)

I'm from Louisiana and can think of a few voodoo dolls I'd like to poke right now. Sometimes this is just too much. I feel you on the anxiety part.

Okay! Enough about me! On to Kyron! I did, however, want to add my daughter's theory of he was taken, ran away, and trying to get home... I thought that was very insightful!!

I had actually considered this earlier, the possibility of older kids taking him out there to scare him, then him running from them and them leaving him there because they knew they would be in trouble. But how could two or more kids leave, walk across the field and into the woods and then get back again without being seen? I just don't know if that is possible. But, smart girls, and just as logical or more so than many theories posted here.

jmoo

Interesting question Gibby.

IMO, The childhood bubble is good. Let them live in it as long as you can. You can tell by their questions and reactions to an event how much they need to understand and how ready they are to handle information beyond their bubble. The boy you told them about in your mind is either on his way to his own mama's house, or, at least to their house. They sound pretty content in their bubble at the moment. They know where a little boy belongs, and that the little boy, if not home, will be home soon. :blowkiss:

I had actually considered this earlier, the possibility of older kids taking him out there to scare him, then him running from them and them leaving him there because they knew they would be in trouble. But how could two or more kids leave, walk across the field and into the woods and then get back again without being seen? I just don't know if that is possible. But, smart girls, and just as logical or more so than many theories posted here.

jmoo

Huh...kids.... Never thought of that. He'd be fairly young at his elementary school too. They said "bad man", of course negating "bad woman" but... lol

Yikes, another long night of theorizing ahead with no new info at all. I guess they have a few hours of daylight left, so it is possible they could find him tonight...but lookiing at those photos, wow, if he can't respond or hail a searcher, it will be really hard to see him.

Also, as far as we know, he is dressed all in black. :(

Interesting question Gibby.

IMO, The childhood bubble is good. Let them live in it as long as you can. You can tell by their questions and reactions to an event how much they need to understand and how ready they are to handle information beyond their bubble. The boy you told them about in your mind is either on his way to his own mama's house, or, at least to their house. They sound pretty content in their bubble at the moment. They know where a little boy belongs, and that the little boy, if not home, will be home soon. :blowkiss:

Sometimes I'm deep, Emma... but not often! LOL (you know that... lol) I'm torn between childhood bubble and start early with the dangers. I guess it was a good opportunity, but as they moved on, maybe it's not as damaging as it is to me, as a mother, knowing my child is out THERE. I'm getting frustrated, though not as frustrated as his family, as I have no stake in this. But I DO question if I'm just snooping or sleuthing... is it doing any good? (more deepness... lol)

All I know is my irritation/frustration level at finding Kyron is at it's nadir tonight, and I'm agitated enough to go down there and put on boots and go searching on my own...seriously.... lol

Closing thread...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5275786#post5275786"]Please continue here[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member