OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
or walking. depending on where the bus dropped him off, they could have strapped the baby in the stroller and took a walk together to pick Kyron up from the bus stop.

I think the wording meant not that they were both there at the bus stop, but that neither met him there... because he wasn't there.

Meeting a kid at the bus stop can be annoying -- you never know exactly when the bus is going to come, so you have to get there early, and sometimes it's late, and raining, or snowing -- and I can't imagine my husband and I BOTH going there, except on a special occasion or something.

I think the journalist just wanted to include both parents in the missing of Kyron.

Hi, I just can't imagine a child in the second grade would have a cell phone! That is major over the top to me. He should be organized by his parents so he is safe at all times like I was when I was a little girl. My mom was on everything !!

My son is in the same grade as Kyron and he has a phone for exactly this reason. I'm as on top of things as I can be at home, but when he is at school or daycare, or even the little local playground supervised by the parent on duty... I don't trust ANYONE these days and would much rather know he has a charged and ready to use cell phone in his pocket with my number on speed dial than regret him not having it if something terrible did happen.

What does everyone think they are going to discuss at the parent meeting tomorrow? What can they discuss?

how to handle talking with their kids.

not sharing info with media that LE tells them not to share

What was the absentee rate today at Kyron's school? Maybe they have to reassure the kids that they are safe? When does their school break for summer? TIA

aaarrrggghhh i got bumped forever. but yes, this is the one i am referring to. anyone know if this is a school trip?

I do not think so... this group of pictures had dad and mom both in them when I first saw them

On one Criminal Minds show, one of the characters said that stranger danger did more damage than good BECAUSE most children are not abducted by strangers. They are mostly abducted by family and then by acquaintances. Only .43 out of 1000 are abducted by strangers. The statistics are different for teenagers, though.

Children need to be taught a code word and they need to practice it everyday while they are younger. "If mommy wants you to come out to the car with someone, I will always use the code word."

Yep, back in ohh...1984 or so, when I was in third or fourth grade, we had a lesson about this and our homework was to choose a password for that reason. I remember my password was two words said together, one of them for sure was "banana," and the other I'm not sure...possibly "apple." Point is, I haven't needed a parental "password" for decades, but I still (almost) remember it.

Unfortunately, it won't work in all situations, but at least could stop someone from tricking a kid that way. We also weren't supposed to wear clothes or items with our names visible, so strangers couldn't pretend to know us by calling us by name.

Another problem is that yeah, kids are often abducted by family members or other people they know which could potentially pose a problem with the code word strategy because kids might not question a close relative unless specifically instructed to due to custody issues, etc. I don't know. I'm just so sad.

aaarrrggghhh i got bumped forever. but yes, this is the one i am referring to. anyone know if this is a school trip?

IIRC this looks like the zoo, and I think there were other pics with SM and baby sis there in the slideshow, so my speculation would be family visit to the zoo...moo.

or walking. depending on where the bus dropped him off, they could have strapped the baby in the stroller and took a walk together to pick Kyron up from the bus stop.

Sure...

I didn't say that there was anything odd about it, I was just asking if this was new news.

Everything I had read heretofore had only mentioned his mother meeting him at the bus stop and calling the school.

Just heard on a KOIN UPDATE :

Parents of the students at Skyline Elementary have all been called in for a joint meeting. . . . . {that's all they said}

More on the late evening news.

THAT is intriguing!

Does KOIN broadcast live on the late news?

kyron3jpg-42b82154c5c24430_large.jpg

How does a child go from this, to gone?

God bless and protect this child. Comfort him, give him peace, keep him free from harm, and please bring him home to the love and care of his family.

Such a tragedy, he looks so proud and happy. Where are you little guy?

What does everyone think they are going to discuss at the parent meeting tomorrow? What can they discuss?

Given the child that was on the news last night they might reiterate to them not to talk to the media.

He called asking if I had seen Kyron.

I explained that I had left info with the police about the youtube video, that I had not seen him in person or anything like that.

That this is a long shot, but that I wanted it checked out.

He said he would go watch the video and gave me the correct email to send it to.. his own.. not the LE.

MamaEB do you think you could attach the photo of kyron at the zoo along with that particular video in that email.

ETA nevermind as i see now that this was indeed a family trip...back to lurking for me!!

Just heard on a KOIN UPDATE :

Parents of the students at Skyline Elementary have all been called in for a joint meeting. . . . . {that's all they said}

More on the late evening news.
Is this meeting tonight or tomorrow?

I bet the meeting is about the new and improved security the school must be trying to quickly implement.

I think the wording meant not that they were both there at the bus stop, but that neither met him there... because he wasn't there.

Meeting a kid at the bus stop can be annoying -- you never know exactly when the bus is going to come, so you have to get there early, and sometimes it's late, and raining, or snowing -- and I can't imagine my husband and I BOTH going there, except on a special occasion or something.

I think the journalist just wanted to include both parents in the missing of Kyron.

But it was the husband who said this; could have been his terminology as in other parts of the timeline that his wife "dropped" him off at school. Supposedly these are his words...which I find strange. JMO

MamaEB do you think you could attach the photo of kyron at the zoo along with that particular video in that email.

yes

and this is a picture I was trying to post earlier that kept getting deleted by mods... I think they do not like the children in the background? that is all I could assume... or they misread my post and thought this wasn't him?

That photo looks like it was taken at a zoo.

I'd give it 99% odds that is the Portland Zoo.

I'm catching up, but this morning a poster wrote the boy {Kyron's desk mate} and the boy who said he knew something was suspicious when Kyron wasn't on the bus {both interviewed on TV} were the same little boy. That is not true. This photo looks more like the boy who rode the bus with Kyron and the other little guy had dark wavy hair.

Oh, I just read the post above and didn't realize the photo at the zoo was Kyron. His face has filled out a bit, right. This child looks more like the boy who was in the white car! IMO

Hi, I just can't imagine a child in the second grade would have a cell phone! That is major over the top to me. He should be organized by his parents so he is safe at all times like I was when I was a little girl. My mom was on everything !!

Unless it was a tiny phone that fit into his pocket I can't imagine it either (to a point)? However, its not impossible. On the flip side, a friend of mine got cell phones for her grandkids. they were about Kyron's age if I remember correctly. She wanted them to be able to get in touch with her when they needed her, emergency or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member