GUILTY OR - Latia Harris charged in beating caught on video, Salem, 2014

Video of the beating was recorded by a bystander behind a McDonald's in Salem, New Jersey

This heading reads that the assault took place behind a McDonald's. Right behind where LH worked? I'm assuming it is considering LH had her work uniform on. But she was so worried about losing her job? Right, pull this leg and see what it plays.

This heading reads that the assault took place behind a McDonald's. Right behind where LH worked? I'm assuming it is considering LH had her work uniform on. But she was so worried about losing her job? Right, pull this leg and see what it plays.

It appears there was a lot going on between these two, and that will get revealed in court. Again, no excuse for the beating.
I wonder why the victim took it upon herself to follow this woman around and spread rumors about her? That is pretty creepy in itself.
Strange case.

Aggravated Assault - Second degree crime
A defendant convicted of a second degree crime can be sentenced to a prison term of anywhere between five years to ten years. In addition, the defendant can be fined up to $150,000.

Of the 11 different ways to commit aggravated assault, it is a second degree crime when committed either in the first or fifth way.

In New Jersey, aggravated assault second degree:
first way: 1. attempt to cause a serious bodily injury or actually cause such an injury, purposely or knowingly or recklessly, under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.

In addition, she is charged with 2 counts of making terrorist threats. In NJ, making terrorist threats is a crime of the third degree and she could get anywhere between three-five years in prison but most of the time they just get probation.

I hope she gets the maximum.

Crazy...lots of them out there.

There is absolutely no excuse in the world that would justify the perp beating the carp out of her victim, none, nadda, zip, zilch. And to do it in front of the victim's child... the woman is cra cra and needs serious mental help. I wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall in her house to see how she deals with issues at home. Hope the judge nails Harris' azz to the wall big time.

JMHO.

Crazy...lots of them out there.

There is absolutely no excuse in the world that would justify the perp beating the carp out of her victim, none, nadda, zip, zilch. And to do it in front of the victim's child... the woman is cra cra and needs serious mental help. I wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall in her house to see how she deals with issues at home. Hope the judge nails Harris' azz to the wall big time.

JMHO.
I totally agree! It doesn't matter in the least that she gossiped about her or possibly even threatened her job. Nothing justifies being beaten.

I totally agree! It doesn't matter in the least that she gossiped about her or possibly even threatened her job. Nothing justifies being beaten.

Concur. SOMEONE had to behave like an adult. Seems the only one doing so was the poor child watching his mother get beaten. Folks that have implied she somehow had it coming upset me to no end. It is akin to saying rape victims couldawouldashoulda dressed more conservatively/not be out at night/not be sex workers/ not bla bla bla bla....

The beating was brutal indeed, but I am still stuck on the fact that nobody stepped in to help and instead whipped out their cell phones to record it.

Seriously, I do not understand that mentality. And it seems to be happening more and more. When someone is being violated, the new acceptable thing to do is record it and put it on YouTube. I think THAT is a behavior that we need to address as a society.

Yes, and I am sure one's view is also affected by personal experiences. The only times I have ever been so enraged I imagined harming someone physically was because they either threatened my loved ones OR made petty political maneuvers to intentionally threaten my livelihood (which would also seriously impact my ability to support my loved ones).

That sort of thing can be VERY serious for many of us, especially single heads of household. Messing with someone's job security out of pettiness can be a real hot button when dependents are involved.

So that type of thinking is logical? Beat the living bejeezuz out of someone, take the risk you just may end up killing them and then spend the rest of your life behind bars? Even to violate someone physically, you risk jail time. Then who's going to be the single head of the household to take care of those loved dependents?

So that type of thinking is logical? Beat the living bejeezuz out of someone, take the risk you just may end up killing them and then spend the rest of your life behind bars? Even to violate someone physically, you risk jail time. Then who's going to be the single head of the household to take care of those loved dependents?

There seems to be a neurological deficient in executive functioning. Either they are incapable to mentally processing the possible negative consequences for their behavior, or they just don't care.

Lack of cause and effect thinking to the extreme.

IMO

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2015/10/salem_woman_captured_on_video_savagely_beating_vic.html

Latia Harris, captured on video savagely beating another Salem woman as the victim's young son tried to intervene last year, is headed to prison.

Harris, 26, was sentenced Friday afternoon to three years in New Jersey State prison on the aggravated assault charge by Superior Court Judge Benjamin Telsey...

Harris's prison sentence is part of a plea deal worked out with Salem County Prosecutor's Office. Harris must serve 85 percent of her sentence before being eligible for parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back